The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamplar - spring 2022

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I'm the one of the few who prefers Stamplar over Magplar. In a sense we are just plars. But I find my setup to be quite strong using mostly stamina skills over magcika ones. Greatest thing is nothing I use is getting nerfed next patch. Couldnt be happier.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Stamplar. I have plenty use from the off pool using living dark, HTD, PL, and mist form, then the CP that gives you mag recovery while sprinting while my build is focused on Stam damage and recovery.

I actually find it harder to sustain my off stat Stam as a magplar when i try to carry Vigor, binding javelin which I prefer, then breakfree block and roll dodge the way i do as stam . Statistical difference but reality does not match. But if lag is ok, I probably could try some toppling charge again as it's a good CC option when it doesn't position desync you.
  • LordMitchell123
    My stamplar feels a lot more fun recently, mainly because I'm half magplar now :p

Running Balorgh, ravager and plaguebreak (or daedric trickery when feelings squishy) with dw and VMA resto back bar. 6M/1H

In BGs the plaguebreak is lazy damage and big pressure while it requires little effort from me. The VMA staff proccing on teammates keeps my magicka full which allows for Honour the dead + vigor usage. I rely heavily on ground stuff: rune, ritual, calltrops, LoS but when I get those I can hit hard and heal hard. Generally on the top of the team in BGs due to the combo of both.

Relying on serpent + Stam/stam recov food for sustain and the occasional heavy attack.
    For damage I set my Greyskull addon to spell damage and just go for as much as possible. Resto is infused with wpn dmg enchant to go as high as possible. This puts my heals and damage on steroids with everything procced/running.

I've been interested in rallying cry for a while now, but still collecting the pieces. I've seen people run Mechanical acuity but still thinking about wether I consider it an improvement to my build. Briarheart also sounds like it could be nice.

With all the hybrid stuff and the way I kick ass, I'm really tempted to try magplar again, but it never felt as enjoyable as stamplar.
    Edited by LordMitchell123 on May 16, 2022 1:50PM
    PC EU
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stamplar feels a lot more fun recently, mainly because I'm half magplar now :p

Running Balorgh, ravager and plaguebreak (or daedric trickery when feelings squishy) with dw and VMA resto back bar. 6M/1H

In BGs the plaguebreak is lazy damage and big pressure while it requires little effort from me. The VMA staff proccing on teammates keeps my magicka full which allows for Honour the dead + vigor usage. I rely heavily on ground stuff: rune, ritual, calltrops, LoS but when I get those I can hit hard and heal hard. Generally on the top of the team in BGs due to the combo of both.

Relying on serpent + Stam/stam recov food for sustain and the occasional heavy attack.
    For damage I set my Greyskull addon to spell damage and just go for as much as possible. Resto is infused with wpn dmg enchant to go as high as possible. This puts my heals and damage on steroids with everything procced/running.

I've been interested in rallying cry for a while now, but still collecting the pieces. I've seen people run Mechanical acuity but still thinking about wether I consider it an improvement to my build. Briarheart also sounds like it could be nice.

With all the hybrid stuff and the way I kick ass, I'm really tempted to try magplar again, but it never felt as enjoyable as stamplar.

I ran magplar over my Stam version last night and I had massive kills, and some straight 1v2s, but I'm not convinced it was any different than if I would have been running my Stamplar version. Heals from sweeps probably helped a couple times with DKs around as I hit their squishy friend first, but I still feel like an can move better as Stam. Jury still out
  • LordMitchell123
    Thanks for that info, I kinda feel the same way.

Any magplars I encounter don't feel necessarily stronger than stamplars, I do encounter more magplars with just higher skill than stamplars. It seems like stamplars are still quite rare.

The mobility and medium armor is what keeps me a stamplar, though I love the hybrid feeling.
    PC EU
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use 3 med (head, legs, and boots), 3 light, and 1 Reinforced plate body on my magplar. The light for the near 3k penetration and sustain (though the sustain is less needed). I'm losing out on about 1.2k armor by not going 3 heavy, but I like this. Extra SD from medium helps a lot too. I've thought about using jabs, but between sprinting and dodge rolling and blocking, stam usually runs a little low as is.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

mmtaniac wrote: »
    I love playing stamplar, i use Balorgh 2x , Wretched vitality main bar 2h ,Daedric Trickery off bar resto staff, Mythic - Markhyn ring of majesty.

Triple stat food, main bar unstoppable poison.

Have 6500 spell damage fully buffed 30000 hp 30000 stam 15000 magicka. 25000 armor.

It's work nice. But i feel stamplar still have something lacking.

What's your pen at?

When I'm wearing my group gear set my magplar hits 28K pen fully buffed before any debuffs on the target. Some say its over kill I say I want to do maximum damage. I setup my character so just alone without major breach my pen is breaking through roughly 33K resistance.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar version have much better sustain , on stamina you must think about cc, slows, sprint and dodge and damage/healing. On magplar your stamina is off stat is used only for break free and run sometimes dodge. Stamplar need some changes in those matter. Repentence is good sustain tool but worst at the same time you can't use it like necromancer , because you can't create corpses from air. Repentence is worst sustain tool in current invicible meta. Stamina rune should be free and healing mobile. This way Stamplar will become different and stamina regen will be better and get more mobile class nature as stamina should be.

I think Radiant Aura and Repentance should function the same but one does Magickasteal and the other does Staminasteal and both when used again on corpses provide a a heal equal to 50% of what is provided now.

Just a thought to improve Stamplar.

• MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off course you can use things for sustain but still compare this to different class (DK) or others , on different classes you have free sustain. On Sorc you exchange one thing for another, on nb you wait and puf tons of stamina, on dk just jump even on Warden you have it for free Netch is free cost. Necro again free sustain skill. Templar is only class that need to pay for everything. Repetence is crap in this meta no one die.

Warden netch provides around 200 stamina a second. Templar using the rune gets around 250 stamina a second. So how is the netch better?

The difference between warden and templar is that Warden netch buffs dmg and cleanse them vs. providing major resolve and healing.

• mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    First thing rune have cost , this alone prevent from spamming it. I myself would prefer it to be free with little less sustain regen. Free spell is easier to use , you just don't care about stamina. In some action or by lag you made mistake by can cast it two times, this means cost of 2000 stamina and 3200 regen , less then warden netch. Warden Netch also activate free extra health buff and purge that can be spammed because of free nature of netch.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focus only cost like 900 Stam, gives our major resolve, and has a HOT attached to it. It's fine.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    If 900 is ok then add 900 stamina cost to netch but at the same time give them higher regen. How you see this way? Hot is usefull only in pve , in pvp you use "MOVEMENT". Rune hot should move with you ,but current bonus work with staying in place. Magicka have better morph again , rune work longer, save more magicka to recast.
    Edited by mmtaniac on May 18, 2022 11:19AM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If 900 is ok then add 900 stamina cost to netch but at the same time give them higher regen. How you see this way? Hot is usefull only in pve , in pvp you use "MOVEMENT". Rune hot should move with you ,but current bonus work with staying in place. Magicka have better morph again , rune work longer, save more magicka to recast.

I see it that way because it is funtional and unquestionably in every templars bar that knows anything, and comparing it to other classes specific ability is silly when each class has it's strength and weaknesses. If you want to argue that Netch is better, that is fine;. But as an overall class as a templar; I feel I have it pretty much at least as good overall as any other class save for maybe DK.

Then even class status aside; it's still barking up the wrong tree as Templars have plenty of abilities that are far more worthless and could use attention well ahead of rune.
  • rymere83
    rymere83
    I love playing stamplar, i use Balorgh 2x , Wretched vitality main bar 2h ,Daedric Trickery off bar resto staff, Mythic - Markhyn ring of majesty.

Have 6500 spell damage fully buffed 30000 hp 30000 stam 15000 magicka. 25000 armor.

What's your pen at?

When I'm wearing my group gear set my magplar hits 28K pen fully buffed before any debuffs on the target. Some say its over kill I say I want to do maximum damage. I setup my character so just alone without major breach my pen is breaking through roughly 33K resistance.

How are you getting that high? Whats your WD/SD? Does that mean when you hit since they have 0 most likely your real damage will be what the actual sheet says on the ability?
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rymere83 wrote: »

What's your pen at?

How are you getting that high? Whats your WD/SD? Does that mean when you hit since they have 0 most likely your real damage will be what the actual sheet says on the ability?

They have spinners + stuhns (I assume with sharp maul) + probably light armor passives (2-3 pieces
    3200 + 5700 + 3200 + 3200 + 3000
    That's about 18k there
    Add in balorgh and that should be 28-29k.

With those 2 sets, all infused sd jewels, 350 enchant procced, major + minor sorcery, atro stone + regen food, you should have about 5500-6000 sd I think

If you reduce enemy armor to 0 they still get mitigation from block, major / minor protection, and other passives or sets like buffer of the swift
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not if you are tanking and blocking in PVP. I've seen some really good templar tanks use it for stamina regen when they block.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on May 19, 2022 2:02PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's your pen at?

They have spinners + stuhns (I assume with sharp maul) + probably light armor passives (2-3 pieces
    That's about 18k there

With those 2 sets, all infused sd jewels, 350 enchant procced, major + minor sorcery, atro stone + regen food, you should have about 5500-6000 sd I think

If you reduce enemy armor to 0 they still get mitigation from block, major / minor protection, and other passives or sets like buffer of the swift

You are partially correct. I keep a variety of gear on my character so I can easily swap stuff over based on my group makeup and how things are playing out in PVP. The build I mentioned uses Stuhn and New Moon with DW both maces and power of light and I also have caltrops just in case.

Been playing around with various levels of Pen and damage to see what is most effective. What I have found out is that around 10K pen is usually enough but when more is needed I have gear to get me there. As for damage lowest I would go unbuffed is around 4K and the highest around 6K. Anything lower you are underperforming and anything more is a waste of stats. Fully buffed you want a minimum 5K-9K damage.

Spinners vs Stuhn's for pen; range attacks on templar benefit more from spinners and stuhns is best used for melee type builds.

On my warden I use Stuhn's for over spriggan because cutting dive provides off balance simply by hitting the target 2x.

I'm have yet to test the off balance build on my templar or warden using Stuhn and Armor of Truth.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What's your pen at?

That's about 18k there

You are partially correct. I keep a variety of gear on my character so I can easily swap stuff over based on my group makeup and how things are playing out in PVP. The build I mentioned uses Stuhn and New Moon with DW both maces and power of light and I also have caltrops just in case.

Been playing around with various levels of Pen and damage to see what is most effective. What I have found out is that around 10K pen is usually enough but when more is needed I have gear to get me there. As for damage lowest I would go unbuffed is around 4K and the highest around 6K. Anything lower you are underperforming and anything more is a waste of stats. Fully buffed you want a minimum 5K-9K damage.

Spinners vs Stuhn's for pen; range attacks on templar benefit more from spinners and stuhns is best used for melee type builds.

On my warden I use Stuhn's for over spriggan because cutting dive provides off balance simply by hitting the target 2x.

I'm have yet to test the off balance build on my templar or warden using Stuhn and Armor of Truth.

You'd be better off imo with a 5 piece back bar + 5 piece front bar + 1 trainee + 1 mythic + monster set

Olo is really nice back bar, and you can have 100 percent uptime with it np. That's your new moon but on a back bar that carries forward to front bar with no cost increase.
    Stuhns front bar for big pen.
    Then markyn or ddf, magma or balorgh or bloodspawn, 1 heavy trainee chest.
    Mathematically more than just 5 pc + 5 pc + monster / 1 trainee+1mythic
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    For Wardens, Stuhn's is superior to any other damaging set in the entire game (BGS) non-op because they can activate it at full range whenever they please on anyone not on OB cooldown. If you play the typical 2H shalks combo move along because you've missed the point.

The thing most don't understand is that if they are playing a typical combo quoted build they aren't at the top of their game yet. If it makes a lot of obvious sense to you on paper then it also makes a lot of sense to others..

Sorry boys, if I know your sets and combos you aren't winning the match unless its broken.. Nobody at the very top of the pile is playing meta.

Edited by Fizzyapple on May 22, 2022 1:15PM
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    :)
    Edited by Fizzyapple on May 22, 2022 1:06PM