The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Need Snipe change

Waugh
Waugh
✭✭✭
Hello and sorry for my English ..

Snipe has undergone many nerf different patch, But he always has a major problem : The fact that we can interrupt the canalize of the arc.
Indeed, when we are interrupted, we are unbalanced and we can no longer use the arc for 2 seconds. What leaves us 3 seconds to be able to use the SNIPE before being interrupted after the second time.

This is even more annoying when playing the Vater arc and you have to be close to the target.

Dizzy is a similar competence but cannot be interrupted.

I propose that we delete the fact of being interrupted in order to make the competence more attractive and uilisable.

I hope Google Translator has been able to transmit the general idea of my request.

Thanking you

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all skills that can be interrupted get a cooldown applied before being able to re-use

dizzying swing can be interrupted, but the interrupt window is smaller due to the shorter cast time (0.8 sec dizzying swing vs 1 sec snipe)

even jabs on templar can be interrupted, but it has an even smaller interrupt window (0.4 sec)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Waugh
    Waugh
    ✭✭✭

This is wrong, only some skill can be currently ...

Snipe at 0.8sec and this is the same amount for Dizzy

I put a video of the problem below :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH_nJ3qxt0U

You will find two other videos of Jabs and Dizzy and it is not possible to interrupt them. They are also channel skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF0UGkjBqhs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DwTaj9RWuE

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think anything that is casted or channeled should be able to be interrupted, and i personally would see it as a bug if it had a cast or channel time and could not be interrupted

if dizzying swing, jabs, or the duel wield flurry couldnt be interrupted, then that is either a bug, or some kind of exception to the rule i would think

i do wish snipe dmg wasnt nerfed so much though
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Waugh
    Waugh
    ✭✭✭
    He should just be like all the skills mentioned above. That it can be used without being interrupted ...
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think anything that is casted or channeled should be able to be interrupted, and i personally would see it as a bug if it had a cast or channel time and could not be interrupted

if dizzying swing, jabs, or the duel wield flurry couldnt be interrupted, then that is either a bug, or some kind of exception to the rule i would think

It's not a bug.

General rule is:
    • Ranged Channel and Cast Time abilities can be interupted.
      • Snipe
      • Crystal Frag
      • Dark Flare
    • Melee Channel and Cast Time abilities can NOT be interupted.
      • Dizzy Swing
      • Jabs
      • Flurry
      • Poop Fist

For ranged abilities, you can be interupted because you're casting those skills from ranged, that is suppose to negate the downside. The counterplay is gap closers, Crushing Shock or Venom Arrow, usually worse morphs or requires an extra skill slot.

When you're in melee, it's far too punishing and risky to have that same downside. Everything is extremely telegraphed when you're up in someones face, not a single melee player would even consider using those skills if they could be interupted. There is no way to avoid being interupted as range isn't an option.

Regardless of all of that above INTENDED counterplay, the entire idea behind cast and channel times feels really bad in ESO. There is so many actions that happen at any given moment that the person or persons fighting you may not be intending to interupt you at all. Furthermore, when you're interupted, you're knocked back for a really long time depending on server performance, unable to break free. It just serves to slow down combat and cast time skills are extremely easy to dodge. Dodge in this game is pretty forgiving, projectile travel times are long and the window to avoid being hit exceeds the roll animation.

Edit: Inaccuracies
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 28, 2022 6:11AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't interrupt any of the ults you've mentioned.
    @MashmalloMan
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    VarisVaris wrote: »
    You can't interrupt any of the ults you've mentioned.
    @MashmalloMan

Lol really. Welp, guess I'm thinking of just being stunned out of them. Scratch that.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Waugh
    Waugh
    ✭✭✭
    The problem during the interruption is that the Break CC takes more time than the normal and there is a delayfor almost a second where you cannot use the skill (watch my video, the skill is gray with 2 sec cooldown)

he fact also that playing the snipe at a distance is no longer topical with Vatershan bow which forces us to play melee to take advantage of the % Buff DMG ... In addition to being unbalanced ... it's really huge the penalties that are added to all this

Edited by Waugh on April 28, 2022 7:34AM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waugh vate bow has some 5% increase even from max range. You don't *have* to be point blank.
    Also you don't have to use snipe as a spammable, you want to use it as pre-spammable delayed damage setup.
  • Silversmith
    Silversmith
    ✭✭✭
    Snipe should be unblockable and undodgeable.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe should be unblockable and undodgeable.

And kill in one hit.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a bug.

General rule is:
    • Ranged Channel and Cast Time abilities can be interupted.
      • Snipe
      • Crystal Frag
      • Dark Flare
    • Melee Channel and Cast Time abilities can NOT be interupted.
      • Dizzy Swing
      • Jabs
      • Flurry
      • Poop Fist

For ranged abilities, you can be interupted because you're casting those skills from ranged, that is suppose to negate the downside. The counterplay is gap closers, Crushing Shock or Venom Arrow, usually worse morphs or requires an extra skill slot.

When you're in melee, it's far too punishing and risky to have that same downside. Everything is extremely telegraphed when you're up in someones face, not a single melee player would even consider using those skills if they could be interupted. There is no way to avoid being interupted as range isn't an option.

Regardless of all of that above INTENDED counterplay, the entire idea behind cast and channel times feels really bad in ESO. There is so many actions that happen at any given moment that the person or persons fighting you may not be intending to interupt you at all. Furthermore, when you're interupted, you're knocked back for a really long time depending on server performance, unable to break free. It just serves to slow down combat and cast time skills are extremely easy to dodge. Dodge in this game is pretty forgiving, projectile travel times are long and the window to avoid being hit exceeds the roll animation.

Edit: Inaccuracies

i wasnt sure if it was an intended aspect, but that makes sense (and figured someone else would chime in who knew better lol)

i agree that certain skills having a cast/channel are bad (such as NB teleport strike, immediately makes it inferior to most other gap closers that happen instantly, ot the cast times on ultimates which makes them unusable in lag), but others make some sense (sniping requires aiming, or something like spellcasting like crystal frags or solar flare)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all seriousness, there should be a morph of snipe that is instant cast (with a damage reduction of course, let's say about the same tooltip as crushing weapon or swallow soul/other ranged spammables). Gives a choice of morphs while creating a viable spammable.
  • Waugh
    Waugh
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest problem when we are interrupted is that we can no longer use the skill for 2 seconds. Please Zos, do something related to that
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waugh wrote: »
    The biggest problem when we are interrupted is that we can no longer use the skill for 2 seconds. Please Zos, do something related to that

i believe that is the intended downside of being interrupted, putting the skill on full cooldown, one of the risks that come with using it, this is also not something unique to snipe, but on any interruptible skill
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    @Waugh vate bow has some 5% increase even from max range. You don't *have* to be point blank.
    Also you don't have to use snipe as a spammable, you want to use it as pre-spammable delayed damage setup.

I appreciate your perspectives on these forums but I play bows, only bow, that 5% effectively exists to a measurable degree in a very well controlled environment and its often confused with error. Lets ignore that it does not compensate for the long shot passive. Still, that full 33% at point blank range doesn't exist. The bow is fundamentally flawed and is often the butt of jokes among players who love bows play bows and who never change with the meta.

I would love nothing more in the world than to agree with you. Your right in that it works to a small degree at least. The Asylum bow hasn't worked at all as in totally broken for the last year. Zos only just patched it.

I get you and others are fearful of snipes return and I understand why but to say bow is in a bad spot, something we've all heard, is like saying a car on cinder blocks just needs a little work. Most play the meta every patch but some of us have played one weapon regardless of how bad of a spot its in.. some for years. Bow needs some love...

If not a change to snipe then what do you suggest?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fizzyapple wrote: »
    divnyi wrote: »

I appreciate your perspectives on these forums but I play bows, only bow, that 5% effectively exists to a measurable degree in a very well controlled environment and its often confused with error. Lets ignore that it does not compensate for the long shot passive. Still, that full 33% at point blank range doesn't exist. The bow is fundamentally flawed and is often the butt of jokes among players who love bows play bows and who never change with the meta.

I would love nothing more in the world than to agree with you. Your right in that it works to a small degree at least. The Asylum bow hasn't worked at all as in totally broken for the last year. Zos only just patched it.

I get you and others are fearful of snipes return and I understand why but to say bow is in a bad spot, something we've all heard, is like saying a car on cinder blocks just needs a little work. Most play the meta every patch but some of us have played one weapon regardless of how bad of a spot its in.. some for years. Bow needs some love...

If not a change to snipe then what do you suggest?

even when i saw the vateshran bow the first time i never figured that would be useful

honestly speaking i think the effects of blackrose bow and vateshran bow should be switched (the skills those modify should be the same)

the blackrose bow adds a dot with duration extended based on distance, but scatter shot (and morphs) do not have a long range

to make snipe better without adding more dmg i would propose adding the dot from blackrose bow to snipe, and then add the bonus dmg based on how close you are to the enemy from vateshran bow to scatter shot
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fizzyapple I run vate bow on bowsorc and I'm happy with what it does.
    I often use snipe at 2v1 vs bruisers to finish them off with huge damage spike point blank. Lets compare Snipe damage to Jabs:

2483 *1.3 (vate) *1.25 (full stack hawk eye) = 4035
    872*4 + 1348 (burning light) = 4836

20% difference. While snipe also doubles as ranged burst skill.

And if you think bow is not meta (whatever that should even mean lol) you should see Ghostspeed going 20-30+ kills in about half of BGs where I see him lol, he is bowblade main and he even duels on that.