The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Constantly Crashing

Gelmir
Gelmir
✭✭✭
After yesterday's update, my game is constantly crashing at every turn: logging out, zoning. On several occasions it completely froze my PC as well, had to do hard-reset.

Anyone else having this?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 4, 2022 9:53PM
Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not having issues this severe, but have been having CTD issues ever since U33.

Disabling all my addons seems to have fixed it.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After one of the updates, possibly U33 not too sure to be honest, I crash when changing alts. Added to that sometimes when I try to re-enter the game it tells me I am already logged in.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No issues here.
    Probably it's related to one or more add-ons you are running.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    addons like Master Merchant,Arkadius trade tools,uesplog,etc can be culprits,cause of they read/write data on login/logout and during gameplay.Also make sure Multithreading is disabled if you use a 4 core CPU or lower,6 core should be ok,but issuey on some PCs,8 core or more best left on.
    Edited by belial5221_ESO on April 26, 2022 2:28PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No issues here, even running nearly 70 addons (nothing like any of the combat or trading or harvesting ones though....)
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it was possible disk issue: did "chkdsk /X /R /B" on it, things are back to normal again.
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 or 6 crashes last night in Cyrodiil and it happens randomly (big fights, small fights, whatever)

My crashes only occur in Cyrodill (Although I haven't trialled in a while)

Thoughts:
    Before U33 I used to get 'time outs', where everyone would stop moving expect for me and evenutally I'd end up in the login screen. This no longer happens and I now just get a general screen freeze and I have to 'force quit'.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the PC Tech Support section, as it is better suited there.

Thanks
    Staff Post
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been getting crashes almost each time I log out to switch characters, so often that I submit "amusing" updates for each crash. I doubt anyone looks at the crash logs but if they do I might bring a smile to their faces...

One thing that I have noticed is that every time I fire up the launcher it doesn't go to start the game but instead it starts to download the PTS, I have to manually stop it and then start the normal game. After each crash (at least those that didn't require a PC reboot), I've noticed that the launcher is still active...

And it has switched to downloading the PTS!

Very suspicious...
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me as well. And no, removing TTC didn't help.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Serafen
    Serafen
    Same. I've been crashing non stop for awhile now. I have tried everything and nothing helps.😥
  • FriedArgonians
    Same, getting random crashes now every couple of days. Sometimes my screen just goes black but the music still plays.

What are the system specs u guys are playing on? My previous PC windows 10, 9700k, 3080 ti I never had any of these issues. My new build now with windows 11, 12900k, same 3080 ti is where I'm having these issues.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank for posting to let us know that the crashing has stopped. We will now close the thread with the issue resolved.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.