The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Anyone else getting constant repair on the PTS download?

Gaeliannas
Gaeliannas
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously, I have tried for days and tonight just letting it run. It has looped through download/repair at least 10 times now and I still can't play PTS. Plenty of disk space, no disk errors, and a 1.2gb Internet connection. It is not my computer, what's the deal?
  • Nebula_DooM
    Nebula_DooM
    ✭✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »
    Seriously, I have tried for days and tonight just letting it run. It has looped through download/repair at least 10 times now and I still can't play PTS. Plenty of disk space, no disk errors, and a 1.2gb Internet connection. It is not my computer, what's the deal?

Not exactly sure how to fix it but it is a launcher issue. PTS can just be opened from the "\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online PTS\game\client" root (this is what mine looks like on my pc). Just run eso64.exe from there. For updates just use the launcher and if it still comes up with the repair option open the game from where you installed it.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »

Not exactly sure how to fix it but it is a launcher issue. PTS can just be opened from the "\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online PTS\game\client" root (this is what mine looks like on my pc). Just run eso64.exe from there. For updates just use the launcher and if it still comes up with the repair option open the game from where you installed it.

Tried that, the game crashes instantly.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Works fine for me (Win 10). I don't know anything about anything but I'd suspect some permission problem might prevent your proper update / repair. Have you tried "Run as adminstrator" option for launcher?
    Worst that can happen it does not work but instead it eats all your data and asks bitcoin ransom to retrieve it.
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted the entire directory and redownloaded it, same result. FYI ZOS, upgrade your servers/bandwidth or pay Akamai, I have a 1.2gb connection and it took hours to complete the download off your servers.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    From your description I would guess your AV is deleting a file, which needs to be "repaired". Because: Of course the game would crash, if the launcher detects missing files.

Did you add/update the AV exception for the ESO folder?
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this "Closing the explorer.exe" is treated as bad behavior.