The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

no CP/proc magplar gear recommendations

• malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but I don't understand your comment about pre-buffing. Don't you get major sorcery immediately when casting either that jabs morph or degeneration? And if that's the case, you'd be able to get the buff in effect before reaching the enemy with degeneration which you can cast at 28m (+2 more meters I think with that buff) vs. needing to be basically within melee range with jabs?

I had degeneration as part of my offensive toolkit as a mag sorc so I'll see if I can make it work as a magplar too. I know bar space will be tight as it always is it seems. I just like the idea of having that buff up for 20-seconds at a time vs. 10 and degen is good for a single target DOT as well IMO.
    Edited by malistorr on April 29, 2022 9:44PM
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think what gariondavey is trying to point out is, that as a jabplar you are in melee range. You will be running in towers or keeps and will have minimum time to hit your target. Wasting that time with a dot is not optimal. You want that 20% buff before the first hit.

That´s why you should either use the stam morph, use rally with 2h or go rattlecage. You will be at a disadvantage in a 1vs1 fight but you will have an advantage in the normal battle flow in Cyrodiil where hit windows are short and you have to be as fast as possible.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah to each their own on playstyle. I think for mine degen will be better but I may try both.
    I appreciate the build advice and will be messing with my gear over the next few weeks as I'm a bit low on crystals and mats ATM.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So degeneration requires a target. This means if you are los-ing or resetting a fight, you might have your major sorcery down.
    By using jabs, you can cancel cast it (stop the channel) while you run/reposition/before you go in on a fight. This means you will have major sorcery up on demand vs needing a target to get it up.
    I view degeneration to be very weak for this reason, and refuse to use it on any build.
    Crit surge, rally, molten armaments, netch, jabs. These are all excellent forms of major sorcery.
    Degeneration, shrouded dagger, power extraction.
    These are all horrible forms.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden