Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Missing quest arrows

oldbobdude
oldbobdude
✭✭✭✭
I’ve noticed recently that the arrows over the correct selections for daily writs have been missing lately. That isn’t a huge deal but never happened before until the last week or so. Reloadui didn’t help. Again, it’s not a huge deal but introducing patches seems to routinely make the game flaky. I worked on the infrastructure side of IT for nearly 30 years. We had bad rollouts of enterprise apps occasionally and when we did it was an all hands on deck exercise to fix them. Daily status briefings of stakeholders and affected customers. I’m a customer.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 3, 2022 7:03PM
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check thar <settings, interface, quest giver icons> is set to on. When mine disappeared the other day, this got turned off somehow.
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the advice but they aren’t off altogether. For instance doing a woodworking writ. The quest arrow shows over inferno staff and lightning staff but none over ice staff. Or, doing greenshade zone quest line. First objective has arrows, then objective stated, but no idea where. Show on map doesn’t work either.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Strange, I had no issues in Greenshade or with my daily crafting writs. And I always follow the arrows when crafting, and questing.

Are you sure there's no add-on interfering with your interface?
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reasonably sure. I’ve disabled addons but not uninstalled them.
    Edited by oldbobdude on April 23, 2022 2:27PM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the crafting, another thing it could be is that you already had a crafted staff in your inventory. So the game would not show the quest arrow on the staff to craft, since you already had one.

Not sure which quest in the Greenshade quest you had issues with. So this might stay unresolved, depending on if you can specify.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article below has steps you can take if quest markers are missing for a quest in ESO.

Why can I not see any quest markers to direct me where to go for this quest?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post