Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tired of invincible players

FannyWarden
FannyWarden
✭✭
I get how skills can stack on a burst when timing a combo with a delayed effect like elemental weapon, but how in the world (with no lag) can this happen in 1 sec?

7hq33h2jr5o0.png

..and this?

jl4aax5qkc0i.jpg

...and many other similar situations?

I mean there are at least 4 separate abilities plus procs and light attacks all hitting in 1 sec. We are not talking about stealth either, I engage, and my opponent just swings and I am dead in 1 sec and this is what I see in my combat metrics and death recap.

And the same players take little to know damage when you attack them (if you somehow survive their 1 sec burst).

It seems to only happen with specific players too. So I turn on my video before engaging so I can make a video and send combat metrics report to ZOS, but nothing happens. Once, I even engaged and immediately held block on a specific opponent and died instantly.

Is this game so broken or is the unwritten learning curve so steep that this game is out of reach except for those who can keep up with the latest exploits or use addons like rdk and miats to be competitive? People say you have to "get gud" but I fight people that are impossible to damage and they are doing nothing but swinging wildly away and not even playing defense. What the heck are they doing to avoid damage? I am not talking about reduced damaged or line of sight defense, all I get sometimes is "miss" "miss" "miss" and they are not even blocking or dodging, just attacking. What are they doing that makes them "gud" that we are not?

I've never seen a video game that was so easily manipulated by so few to cause a disadvantage for so many with the developer turning a blind eye. No wonder the population has shrunk so much.

Grayhost at peak hours on Thursday was only 2 bars. Other campaigns were worse.

Dead game!!!

But it could be fixed with some effort. ZOS - do you even care?
  • PvP_Exploiter
    PvP_Exploiter
    ✭✭✭
    That fight was 11 seconds, not 1.
    8xbv2ynmbbf9.jpg

The game has a built in cooldown so you can only use skills every 1 second

One of those players hit you with 5 skills, the other 3.

You said to took a video, care to share here?
    Edited by PvP_Exploiter on April 22, 2022 10:51AM
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    What gear are you wearing? Did you block or dodge?
    Hard to know what to make of your combat report. Death recap would have been better. But essentially, it looks like the DK engaged you, did Talons and Flames, with a light attack in between, and also procced an enchant. Nothing spectacular there.

The question of how he killed you so quickly and how (in general) players can avoid or mitigate damage, are separate.

What is your Weapon or Spell damage? What is your penetration?

If he has resistances at cap and has HoTs rolling when he engaged you, and you have underpowered damage, then it may look to you like he took no damage at all.

In your defence, DKs are hard to beat tanky opponents. You either have to also be tanky to outplay him in a pressure battle of attrition, or else burst him down when he is prone to CC.

If you post your class and build, we might be able to suggest ways to do this
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    Also, before you continue your practice of reporting people, watch the recent Nyce gaming video about Snow Treaders where he 1vX many players for a long time, in 5 medium.
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    you should share combat metrics log (look on left icons), not combat summary.
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Dk op nerf thx bye

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, in regard to the overall point - yes. The learning curve for top tier builds is super steep in ESO. That is a problem.

I think it's getting better (thanks ZoS), and it is to some extent solved by certain custom builds, but yes it is a problem and has always been one in ESO. I recommend sticking to PVE if you want to avoid PVPing tryhards.

Also, your example is missing a significant amount of context. Might help to better provide solutions.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Champion Points play a big factor in damage mitigation these days. If you stack everything into single target damage mitigation, you can mitigate incoming damage by huge amounts. If he's also running strong HOTs it will appear like you're doing nothing at all.
    The good news is that in order to stack these percent modifiers, you usually need to choose whether you want to mitigate single target or AOE damage. Someone who has stacked everything into single target mitigation is still susceptible to getting bombed or another big AOE burst.
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are no "invincible players". Your title is misleading because it seems you literally died in less than 15 seconds. Invincibility can't be a factor because your character couldn't survive a single minute.

The meta involves very high damage right now in group pvp.

As far as single target damage in a 1v1 situation is considered... I have to ask why we aren't provided your health and resistance numbers or a screenshot of your character sheet.

Edit: I noticed the stats in the screenshot just now. The opponent may have popped an ultimate or monster helm ability that provides enough penetration to bypass or ignore your resistance amount.
    Edited by edward_frigidhands on April 23, 2022 6:25AM
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are facing 3 enemies (two magdks among them) for 11 seconds, so I would not wonder why you died there. Those three enemies did like normal damage looking at the dps numbers and their individual damage sources. So I would not judge them based on those numbers (especially since CMX calculates the dps of single sources based on this 1 second active time and not the in combat time). When you look at the dps of one single player, you see like 3.6k, 2.9k and 1.6k dps, which looks very normal.