Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why I logged out early tonight

• Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    The only entertaining thing about ball groups is when two of them from different factions somehow end up at the same keep or outpost. They both want to flip the flags but they are scared to fight each other instead of the unorganized third faction they came there to farm.

I think you are confusing ball groups with another type of group. Ball Groups don't flip flags, they don't even want the keep flagged, because they want the pugs to be able to respawn right there to get farmed over and over and over, and new pugs to be able to port right in to get farmed as well.

Edited by Gaeliannas on April 25, 2022 4:55AM
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    as long as you have 2 or 3 wearing dark convergence, 2 sorcs with negate and several siege ready to drop on a spot, its not that hard to mess the ball group up. time it right and you will destroy them easy
    Edited by DizzyMac on April 25, 2022 10:23AM
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    I logged out early on PS NA because both AD and EP had been pop-locked for hours, we had 2 bars, and no scrolls. Typical day on GH for my DC toon.

It's actually not any better on AD. Especially last night when EP and DC both had siege on Fare then went down to take BB/BM together and pop open our gates. It's a pretty rare occurrence on the NA GH server to actually see DC & EP fight each other anymore.
  • theendoftheriver
    theendoftheriver
    ✭✭✭
    Ball groups and player tactics don't bother me so much as the lag. The LAG. It's not about yellow, blue, or red, it is about the invisible monster that cannot be defeated in Cyrodiil. LAG
    Eric Dikkersun - Achernar - EZE - theendoftheriver - Orion Silvercuff
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    I logged out early on PS NA because both AD and EP had been pop-locked for hours, we had 2 bars, and no scrolls. Typical day on GH for my DC toon.

It's actually not any better on AD. Especially last night when EP and DC both had siege on Fare then went down to take BB/BM together and pop open our gates. It's a pretty rare occurrence on the NA GH server to actually see DC & EP fight each other anymore.

You must have been on a different NA GH than me then. A DC ball group went to AD's back keep to get the DC scroll back and farm AD PUG's. The AD night crew took the scroll the night before and dropped it in a AD back keep. Before that, DC had been fighting EP all day to get their other scroll back from them at BRK. Anyhow, EP was bright enough to not throw the DC scroll they grabbed in one of their back keeps, maybe AD should try that as well in the future? Have a chat with whomever is grabbing the DC scrolls every night and ask them to place them somewhere else maybe?

DC was pushing EP almost all day, except when defending stuff from AD, which was pretty non-stop. As for Fare, EP killed the DC that were on Fare and took over sieging, so definitely not working together there. And unless it was pretty late, no one tried to open AD's gates yesterday at all that I saw.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »

You must have been on a different NA GH than me then. A DC ball group went to AD's back keep to get the DC scroll back and farm AD PUG's. The AD night crew took the scroll the night before and dropped it in a AD back keep. Before that, DC had been fighting EP all day to get their other scroll back from them at BRK. Anyhow, EP was bright enough to not throw the DC scroll they grabbed in one of their back keeps, maybe AD should try that as well in the future? Have a chat with whomever is grabbing the DC scrolls every night and ask them to place them somewhere else maybe?

DC was pushing EP almost all day, except when defending stuff from AD, which was pretty non-stop. As for Fare, EP killed the DC that were on Fare and took over sieging, so definitely not working together there. And unless it was pretty late, no one tried to open AD's gates yesterday at all that I saw.

Yeah I spend almost all of my time fighting EP every day.

More like AD and EP taking turns at grabbing our scrolls in the early AM each day lately. Seemed like they are taking turns emping too. Can’t explain how one would be pop-locked but not taking any keeps when the other is emping.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaeliannas wrote: »

Yeah I spend almost all of my time fighting EP every day.

More like AD and EP taking turns at grabbing our scrolls in the early AM each day lately. Seemed like they are taking turns emping too. Can’t explain how one would be pop-locked but not taking any keeps when the other is emping.

Seriously, despite the group I made the OP about Cyro is sooo much better on PC than PS. The Gh campaign on PS was absolute garbage the last few months I played in it. Whether on the winning or losing side you already know who's going to win a week into a campaign and the end score would be absolutely ridiculous, which made it super boring.
    What I've seen on PC so far, besides the one group being asses because they can, is huge fun battles that go back and forth and the 3rd place score has so far stayed within a couple of thousand points of 1st. None of that "ohhh look X faction already has 100K points, 2nd has 60K and third place has 55K" for the last 10 days of the campaign.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on April 26, 2022 6:18AM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to PvP in Cyro on AD (NA PC) and the whole night is the entire pop-locked faction getting farmed over and over by an immortal group of about 30 DC. The game just isn't fun when it's possible for groups to do stuff like that. 2 hours inside a keep with our whole alliance attacking them with siege up to the limit and they just run around back and forth, easily outhealing everything.
    It's pointless and boring to play against that, so I logged out early. I get the feeling that's going to happen quite often in the near future considering nothing is being done in the next patch to address the gross over-healing introduced by stat hybridization.

There aren't any ball groups competent enough to pull a 2 hour farm on GH who run 30 people. There were probably 12.

"Ball groups" are just optimized groups. Remove cross healing, dark convergence, VD, and whatever else people think ball groups crutch on, and 12 people will still optimize to farm kills.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to PvP in Cyro on AD (NA PC) and the whole night is the entire pop-locked faction getting farmed over and over by an immortal group of about 30 DC. The game just isn't fun when it's possible for groups to do stuff like that. 2 hours inside a keep with our whole alliance attacking them with siege up to the limit and they just run around back and forth, easily outhealing everything.
    It's pointless and boring to play against that, so I logged out early. I get the feeling that's going to happen quite often in the near future considering nothing is being done in the next patch to address the gross over-healing introduced by stat hybridization.

If it is any comfort, it is the same on PC EU.

I am far from "leet" in PvP, but I used to be able to hold my own in most casual combat, at least for a little while. And I used to win every now and then in 1v1 fights. Now? I have stopped getting the 40 kills quest, because it literally took me three campagin to finish it last time, and I rarely get a kill any more. And I die like a fly in a jet engine more often than not.

It is just dead boring now. :(
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    Contrary to popular belief, lag does not make bombing easier lol. Most forms of bombing are very lag sensitive due to the timing involved. In fact the only thing that lag "helps" is larger groups because when your own skills fail, someone else's casts can still cover for you.

And then on top of the already awful servers, you have more people grouping and spamming skills and causing even more lag. Sometimes I wonder if all of us frantically pressing skills 5-6 times until they cast is just making the server workload even worse :(

I have heard rumors to that fact, actually. That there are people who consciously create lag to benefit them. Not sure about the details or how it is done, but if it is true, then very meh. :/
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Contrary to popular belief, lag does not make bombing easier lol. Most forms of bombing are very lag sensitive due to the timing involved. In fact the only thing that lag "helps" is larger groups because when your own skills fail, someone else's casts can still cover for you.

And then on top of the already awful servers, you have more people grouping and spamming skills and causing even more lag. Sometimes I wonder if all of us frantically pressing skills 5-6 times until they cast is just making the server workload even worse :(

I have heard rumors to that fact, actually. That there are people who consciously create lag to benefit them. Not sure about the details or how it is done, but if it is true, then very meh. :/

I would say most ball groups (at least the ones I've encountered) do this to benefit them. You have a 12 man ball group spamming regens, negates and other skills and it always seems to causes lag.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭

I would say most ball groups (at least the ones I've encountered) do this to benefit them. You have a 12 man ball group spamming regens, negates and other skills and it always seems to causes lag.

You can feel a ball group logging on well before you encounter them in the field.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So tonight it's an EP group in Faregyl that got me, been in there well over an hour, just untouchable as they run laps around the keep and up and down the stairs. From what I could gather in guild chat it's the same group that were doing it on DC logged into alt accounts on EP so they can get around alliance lock.
    Zone chat is just filled with people disgusted at what they're doing. It just ruins the fun.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    So tonight it's an EP group in Faregyl that got me, been in there well over an hour, just untouchable as they run laps around the keep and up and down the stairs. From what I could gather in guild chat it's the same group that were doing it on DC logged into alt accounts on EP so they can get around alliance lock.
    Zone chat is just filled with people disgusted at what they're doing. It just ruins the fun.

This is one of the main reasons I won't go into Blackreach. So many people hop back and forth and it just causes so much toxicity. GH isn't any better most days but having the alliance lock is pretty nice
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can feel a ball group logging on well before you encounter them in the field.

You can feel a zerg as well, it is like an early warning system. Oh my siege is busy, movement stutter, skill didn't fire... wait 30 seconds and they will be coming around the corner. Sad thing is lately, it has happened with as few as 5 enemy PUGs showing up. Here we are braced for a huge battle and then, what??? Wheres the zerg??? Normally followed by someone in voice saying they were just disconnected from the game, yet again. Performance in this game really has become complete garbage.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's almost like a non alliance locked campaign was a bad idea...
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups gotta ball, whatever floats their boat.

But they all have a similar playstyle.

They cannot take a heavily defended alone keep so they don't try.
    Because of this they ride across the map to find an empty keep
    or go to an existing fight where the doors are already open.

Yes it take skill and co-ordination to do what they do
    BUT there is a lot they cant or wont do due to the very fact they have to ball

• Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a shame is that:

-You can't play well/at all in prime time because of lag and crashes
    -After a certain time when people start logging off all that is left is always the same bunch

It's not being renewed in terms of population and the performance is horrendously bad; I've never witnessed a game in such a bad state which also demands a monetary payment to play correctly.

Where is the money going? (Honest question from a concerned EU citizen)
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    What's a shame is that:

-You can't play well/at all in prime time because of lag and crashes
    -After a certain time when people start logging off all that is left is always the same bunch

It's not being renewed in terms of population and the performance is horrendously bad; I've never witnessed a game in such a bad state which also demands a monetary payment to play correctly.

Where is the money going? (Honest question from a concerned EU citizen)

Into their bank account. The amount of money this game makes is a crime. A house sells for what 100.00+? The crown crates? People are crazy thinking they are spending much on developing this game further. Each dlc is smaller and smaller. So yeah where does the money go? But don't worry 20 more people made purchases in the crown store just while I was posting this here...... Money is already in the do not touch account because why invest money in a broken game that people keep buying stuff from!?