Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

How are we supposed to complete Cyrodiil Dolmens now?

Icy_Waffles
Icy_Waffles
✭✭✭✭✭
There’s no indication of the active dolmen…. I have 5 left to do and I’ve spent hours waiting/ searching.

What’s the best method this is really stupid now. No timers just one at a time until it’s destroyed.

Best Answer

• Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to discover all of them to see when one is active. If you know only a single one and it's active you can see it on map. And when you look at the list of them they are actually listed in order they activate.
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
    Answer ✓
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to ask an obvious question, have you discovered all of the dolmens so they show up on your map? If the current active dolmen hasn't been discovered yet, you won't see that it's active.

I finished this achievement on my EU alt recently, and it took a whole lot of running around to first discover all of them and then play chase the flashing marker. I agree with you that the current system makes the whole thing way more tedious than it should be.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have discovered all dolmens. I do not see how to see which is active only which I have previously completed.
  • SianTamzin
    SianTamzin
    ✭✭✭
    I just sit at each one and wait till they're active, takes ages but I'm not running my fat ass around the map.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow so apparently after you discover all dolmens there is an indicator of the next active dolmen. You still have to be quick but this at least will work methodically.
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Done them for achievement this year's mayhem event:

1) found all of them, so they show on map (+ turned on the proper overlay to see them :trollface: )
    2) waited at transitus shrine for dolmen get active. If none seems to be active for long time, it's usually the one inside Bruma, which is poorly visible over other map symbols.
    3) went to do active dolmen. If getting there took too long, had to abort and go for next active one (but not many players were doing dolmens at the event, so wasn't too often). Picking campaign where my alliance held most of map helped too.
    4) spent time in Cyrodiil doing other stuff and checked if dolmen missing from achievement is up any time close to transitus shrine. If dolmen I had done already was up for too long, went to close it anyway to get another one go up.
    5) ended up with single dolmen missing when event ended and took advantage of having several extra campaigns (mostly empty at that time) - circled through all of them, until one had needed dolmen up

Also had good experience with enemy players - never got attacked while doing dolmen, even when outnumbered three to one and such. Once 3 out of 4 enemy players died one by one by walking into my AoE and standing in it (wall of fire procked with elemental succession + ilambris proc + likely some crit damage). Expected to get murdered, but their buddy just rezed them after and we all went on our merry way.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »
    when you look at the list of them they are actually listed in order they activate.

Did not know that, thank you!
    Is that the case for all zones? (not just Cyrodiil?)
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Ilsabet
      Ilsabet
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Kisakee wrote: »
      You don't need to discover all of them to see when one is active. If you know only a single one and it's active you can see it on map. And when you look at the list of them they are actually listed in order they activate.

The issue is when it's not one of the ones you have discovered, in which case you have no way of knowing which one is active because you literally can't see the other map pins to see which one has the active marker. So discovering them all ahead of time is the best way to be sure you'll see the active marker wherever it appears. Otherwise you'll be sitting at the one you know for potentially a very long time waiting for other people to clear the other(s) so yours can activate. (I've spent multiple days in Cyro noticing that the same dolmen was showing as active the entire day because nobody was bothering with it.)
      Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
      Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
      My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
      Ilsabet's Headcanon
      The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
      PC NA
    • HumbleThaumaturge
      HumbleThaumaturge
      ✭✭✭✭
      I had the same problem . . . when I took a new character to Cyrodiil after ZOS made the change to dolmen spawning mechanics (unbeknownst to me).

Here is my forum post that provides some explanations:
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/597280/whats-the-easiest-way-to-clear-the-cyrodiil-dolmen-now-that-they-changed-the-spawn-mechanics#latest

Here's a summary:
      - Dolmen will be displayed if you select "Objectives" under "Filters" for both Map and Transit Shrine. The one active dolmen can then be identified. Sometimes, the active dolmen will not display properly. Try leaving the Zone and returning or try relogging. If your map won't show the active dolmen, ask in Zone chat. Someone will (hopefully) be displaying it properly. (If your map doesn't display dolmen even after selecting "Objectives" under "Filters," you might try loading the "Destinations" addon.)
      - The active dolmen will stay active until it is completed, no matter how long that takes (hours or days). In other words, if you need a different dolmen to activate, you or someone else will need to complete the currently active dolmen(s) first.
      - Dolmen activation is mostly, but not entirely, in order as the dolmen appear in the "Imperial Anchor Shatterer" achievement (for me, 7 were in order while 3 were not)
      - After Update 33, any new characters will immediately have the "Imperial Anchor Shatterer" achievement (if you did it on any character), so there won't be much point in running the Cyrodiil dolmen on a new character if you already earned the achievement on one or more characters prior to Update 33.

After I learned about these changes to dolmen spawning, it took me a little over 1 hour to run the dolmen (but I had 60/60/60 on horse and "Major Gallop"). I would suggest you try to enter a campaign with low population. Of course, it's also nice to be in a campaign where your alliance controls most of the map, so you can use transit shrines to get to the next dolmen. I have never had an issue with someone clearing the active dolmen before I got to it. I guess most folks don't run dolmen. Sometimes, an enemy player was at a dolmen. I just used my Tab key to select dolmen-spawn only and did not use AoE. I've never had a case where the enemy player attacked me instead of cooperating to finish the dolmen, but I'm sure some will attack any enemy they see on sight.
      Edited by HumbleThaumaturge on April 21, 2022 9:08PM
    • Icy_Waffles
      Icy_Waffles
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This has been answered.

Here you go:

Best approach is to discover all dolmens. The active one will have a small marker indicating it’s next. Travel to dolmen and finish it to continue the cycle.

This is the simplest and easiest method. If it’s on one that you have already done, do it again to continue the cycle. I completed this on prime time without issue.

Thank you all for the help and answers. It was a little frustrating at first due to the changes- but then ultimately pretty simple.

Best of luck!