The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New | Furniture | House - PTS Update 34 - The High Isle

• Batgirl
    Batgirl
    ✭✭✭
    I compared the number of new furnishings in previous chapters and it was around 120-150, while this time we get only 50 new recipes, with many that are just retextures of old models. Also the selection of home good furnishings from vendor is really modest - check summerset, morrowind, Elsweyr, even murkmire, which was small zone.
    Has zos commented anywhere on it, if we get more furnishing from other sources? (card game? I hope not D:)
    I see lots of new furnishings running around on PTS and breaking into npcs homes, but those pretty new models didnt make into housing editor.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Batgirl wrote: »
    Has zos commented anywhere on it, if we get more furnishing from other sources? (card game? I hope not D:)

Unfortunately, it looks like you can get important resources like heartwood and also blueprints for furniture from the card game. This is good for people who like the card game AND housing, but bad for people who only like housing...
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

Unfortunately, it looks like you can get important resources like heartwood and also blueprints for furniture from the card game. This is good for people who like the card game AND housing, but bad for people who only like housing...

I was afraid of that. I have no interest in the card game at all - I have nothing against it but it just isn't my thing and I don't want to be forced to play it just to get furnishings.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    I was afraid of that. I have no interest in the card game at all - I have nothing against it but it just isn't my thing and I don't want to be forced to play it just to get furnishings.

Exactly, I was afraid of that scenario too!

• Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of haters here but I really like this house. It could use a little scrubbing in the interior but it looks realistic and very old.

I'll have to preview it myself though before I know if I want to buy it. I'm quite happy with the colossal aldmeri grotto.

Wait until you visit the other homes in High Isle and then you will understand. It's not that we're haters - it's that we can't understand why we aren't able to purchase the same quality of home as those, not to mention all the cool new furniture and house items that aren't being offered to us to purchase or to craft.

In fact, I would argue it's that we 'love' what we see and are willing to buy - yet ZOS doesn't seem to want our money??!!!

Well if it's truly of lesser quality than the other High Isle offerings it will save me a lot of crowns, so I still win lol.

I have a certain fondness though for that old historic-looking summer manor kind of aesthetic this house seems to have. Like I said I have to preview it myself, because there's a difference between historic-looking and unkempt-looking.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of haters here but I really like this house. It could use a little scrubbing in the interior but it looks realistic and very old.

I'll have to preview it myself though before I know if I want to buy it. I'm quite happy with the colossal aldmeri grotto.

Wait until you visit the other homes in High Isle and then you will understand. It's not that we're haters - it's that we can't understand why we aren't able to purchase the same quality of home as those, not to mention all the cool new furniture and house items that aren't being offered to us to purchase or to craft.

In fact, I would argue it's that we 'love' what we see and are willing to buy - yet ZOS doesn't seem to want our money??!!!

Well if it's truly of lesser quality than the other High Isle offerings it will save me a lot of crowns, so I still win lol.

I have a certain fondness though for that old historic-looking summer manor kind of aesthetic this house seems to have. Like I said I have to preview it myself, because there's a difference between historic-looking and unkempt-looking.

I have a fondness for them as well, very much so. When you go to High Isle, the Main quest will take you to Mandrake Manor, take a tour through that townhouse - and compare the layout, the hearths, etc to the house for sale. It has the old historic look but is laid out much better. Maybe it's just me being nitpicky. I hope you do like the new house, perhaps I'm just not seeing it's true potential.
    Edited by carly on June 3, 2022 11:53AM
  • nathamarath
    nathamarath
    ✭✭✭
    <-- collects beautiful carpets *happy*
    give a man a fish and he is happy for a day. give him a video game and he is happy for months, maybe even years
  • Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I compared the number of new furnishings in previous chapters and it was around 120-150, while this time we get only 50 new recipes, with many that are just retextures of old models. Also the selection of home good furnishings from vendor is really modest - check summerset, morrowind, Elsweyr, even murkmire, which was small zone.
    I see lots of new furnishings running around on PTS and breaking into npcs homes, but those pretty new models didnt make into housing editor.

If I had to make an educated guess, we'll be seeing a lot more in the last dlc of the chapter but i'm doubtful. Overall not impressed by the current selection of furnishings at all. Maybe 10-15 pieces I actually want.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two doors, but which doorways do they fit? And do they open?
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Two doors, but which doorways do they fit? And do they open?

So far there are no Structure Furnishings from the new chapter, unfortunately.
  • TylerDurden
    TylerDurden
    ✭✭✭
    I want furnishing plans and all I get are lousy lockpicks 😂