Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.5 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 34 - Feedback Thread for AMD FSR

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for FSR implementation. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you see any FPS gains? If so, what kind of gains specifically?
  • What were you generally doing in-game?
  • What card are you using in your PC? What kind of CPU do you have?
  • Do you have multi-threaded rendering enabled? What are your graphics settings?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 18, 2022 7:49PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    Hey before i will do some test i need info do any mode matter ? i mean i can use FSR in window mode , fullscreen mode or window full screen mod ?
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    I am on a potato so this did nothing for me. Not even sure my card is compatible with it. My PC is a 2013 Windows 7 Dell Optiplex 3020 which is an older model business PC not for gaming. Yes it will play my games but everything must be in low settings. I can play ESO in Medium settings as I added the only card I could find compatible with my system which is an nVidia GT 730 and yes that is a very old GPU. My CPU is an i3 dual core. So basically without my card I have the bare minimum to run ESO and with the card it gives it just a little boost. I can't afford another rig right now or believe me I would go out and get one. I also tried playing the game on an XBox One but I can't hold the controller as it makes my hands go numb and I found out if that happens it is very dangerous and a player should not use the equipment.
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    1. Did you see any FPS gains? If so, what kind of gains specifically?

Yes on Ultra Quality FSR i see my GPU is going down by 10% or on max setting i got from 48fps to 58fps without TAA.

2. What were you generally doing in-game?

Trials , Dungs , Overland

3. What card are you using in your PC? What kind of CPU do you have?

It is laptop: GTX 1050Ti + 7700HQ

4. Do you have multi-threaded rendering enabled?

Yes

5. What are your graphics settings?

For GPU test i did FPS cap to 60 and set everything to minimum to see how much it will be lower. For FPS test i max out and unlock FPS cap to see resault.

6. Do you have any other general feedback?

With this update i have one issue when i quite game no idea why desktop and taskbar is reloading

• umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardware: Ryzen 5600G, 32GB, AMD RX 580
    Settings: Maximum preset
    FSR: Ultra Quality
    Multi-threaded rendering: enabled

I am experiencing some odd shadowing effect when the mode is enabled. I tried turning it on then restarting the client but that did not fix the shadowing issue.

I can’t tell if there are any real performance gains. I cap my fps at 60 and my system tends to stay at 55-60 fps in most areas and during combat events with FSR off the same with it on.

FSR: On
    djpyfh8i1w70.jpg

FSR: Off
    4q3razeuazlg.jpg
  • Inspirer
    Inspirer
    Soul Shriven
    Can confirm that FSR, with any mode selected, creates some weird oily gradients in the shadowed areas. Here's an example on my character's face: Left is FSR Ultra, Right is Native 4K. Performance uplift is nice, but if such glaring visual defects are here to stay - this feature is pretty much useless, it's not worth it.

0c9erf0xy3i8.png
  • Panachudo
    Panachudo
    ✭✭
    Morning,

Tested FSR last night with the following results:

Did you see any FPS gains? If so, what kind of gains specifically?

Yes, average FPS increased from 73 to 94.

What were you generally doing in-game?

Overland single player PVE.

What card are you using in your PC? What kind of CPU do you have?

Radeon RX 5700. Ryzen 3 3600.

Do you have multi-threaded rendering enabled?

Yes.

What are your graphics settings?

All tests at Maximum option with 100 view distance.

Do you have any other general feedback?

I couldn’t get it to work reliably. Setting the game to fullscreen and then a lower resolution of 1680x720 rendered an error in the Adrenaline driver. The driver reported that the game was not running at a lower resolution than the native monitor resolution of 3440x1440. Toggling to windowed, setting the FSR to Ultra and then back to fullscreen worked for 1 instance. Reloading the UI or the game returned the resolution to 1680x720 and no working FSR though it was enabled. Disabling RSR on the Adrenaline driver rendered zero success.

When FSR is enabled the darkest shadows are rendered out of range. This was observed on a Gigabyte 34” ultra wide as well an HP 10bit 27w workstation display.
    Edited by Panachudo on June 2, 2022 5:29PM
  • Panachudo
    Panachudo
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno FSR isn’t functioning properly on my rig since the update pushed. Not complaining. Just letting you know that there may be some behind the scenes issues for the tech team to look at. 😊
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enabling FSR disables Subsampling altogether, which breaks the "group beam" functionality of several addons. The beams now continue through the floor rather than ending at the character's feet.
  • miguelcura
    miguelcura
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone been able to get FSR working with Adrenalin and ESO? It asks me to "reduce game resolution" constantly, and it doesn't activate.

RX 5600XT + Ryzen 5 3400G +Amd Adrenalin 22.6.1
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for FSR 2.0 to come to the game since it is a much better implementation of super resolution than the current 1.0.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for FSR 2.0 to come to the game since it is a much better implementation of super resolution than the current 1.0.

FSR 2.0 only supports DX12 and Vulcan out of the box, so to speak. It can be made to work with DX11 games (see God of War), but it seems more labor intensive. AMD says only to contact them for further information about making it work.

I hope ZOS at least asks, but I'm not anticipating that they'll be expending the resources on it. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.