The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thoughts on NB Healers?

• FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »
    No, it isn't. Again, you're just demonstrating that you've never done anything in an organized group. Shards provide a unique synergy for Alkosh uptime and is generally given to the tank because it's easy to position. Orbs is one of the strongest heals in the game and can be thrown through the DPS for their own synergy while shards is active, so they don't grab shards from the tank.

Uh, Shards's synergy isn't "unique" in the way most people use that term. It shares a cooldown with Orb. Yes, I suppose you could cast Shards and Orb in two different directions/locations simultaneously, but the conventional (and more bar-space efficient) approach is to only slot one or the other.

For like a week it wasn't. It's actually common that people don't know orbs and shards share same synergy.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I looked at trials leaderboards and saw, the most used are warden + sorcerer. I also saw two NB solo healers at top positions. Templars were still more common. Very few necro were there and no DK. Or I could count as healer DK OT, who served as secound healer in NB solo healer groups when nessesary.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    Yes, I looked at trials leaderboards and saw, the most used are warden + sorcerer. I also saw two NB solo healers at top positions. Templars were still more common. Very few necro were there and no DK. Or I could count as healer DK OT, who served as secound healer in NB solo healer groups when nessesary.

Bad habits are hard to get rid of unfortunately. Still can't refute the points though I see.
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    I think NB's are good with any role compared with with other healers i think they can hold thier own well.
    Edited by Daoin on May 9, 2022 12:10PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are one class sourced synergy away from being superior to warden and even then it's very close.
  • Rikakiah
    Rikakiah
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE my NB healer. Probably my most fun. However, in terms of harder content, she feels harder to play. A lot of static ground based heals, so positioning is critical. This may be more a "feel" thing, since Wall is a healer utility staple and suffers the same issue, so not sure why it all feels worse on my NB. The change to healthy offering healing yourself made it a viable "Oh crap" like I use Breath of Life (what good is an emergency heal if you can't save yourself when needed?). The upcoming regen buff to path will be very welcome.

But, in easier content, very little is as fun as running in, hitting Wall, Path, and spamming Sap until everything is dead.

Someone mentioned NBs having the best fear... Maybe with the trap morph (I never like the feel of that setup), but otherwise, Turn Evil is superior in every way. Or a necro's totem (either morph, but Angry is that much better still).
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replies here seem exclusively for PvE, but NB healers are really fun in PvP. OP, have you given that a try?
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Replies here seem exclusively for PvE, but NB healers are really fun in PvP. OP, have you given that a try?

The nerf to healthy offering for magblade healers in pvp stung, but they have always been strong. I have played nb healer in pvp for the entire length of this games lifespan and never once felt weak.

Granted that topic is better suited for it's own thread.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play my NB as a healer and think she does very well, in both PVP and PVE. My NB is my first character and I struggled with her as a DPS. As a healer, I have no problems.
    PS5/NA