The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

9 month break -return to broken account

merevie
merevie
✭✭✭✭✭
Infinite load screen on entry
Missing sky shards
Missing achievements - I assume this is to do with the global achievement 'update' in March?
0 changes to pvp
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 25, 2022 12:04AM
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the infinite "one second queue" is a thing that is happening, usually fixed by an exit and restart. Your load screen is probably because they did account cold storage and yours might have been put into cold storage and would have had to be pulled out when you logged in. I seem to recall that they indicated that could take up to ten minutes.

Skyshards shouldn't be missing, but there's an issue at the moment with some map icons either reading incomplete when they shouldn't be or complete when they shouldn't be. Achievements shouldn't be missing either, but you need to log in with all of your characters for them to update accordingly.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Mixalis966
    Mixalis966
    ✭✭✭
    Came back after a while too and i encountered the same issues i had years ago.ESO quality of life is significanlty worse than other mmos and sadly they don't want to reconsider their strategy.They put out great content and impair their players ability to experience it.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well maybe they should consider adding some sort of warning message to the returning players indicating that their account is in cold storage and their first log in will take some minutes to proceed. I mean some players might not even know this and quit due to long loading screens again.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    Well maybe they should consider adding some sort of warning message to the returning players indicating that their account is in cold storage and their first log in will take some minutes to proceed. I mean some players might not even know this and quit due to long loading screens again.

Agree, they should. Ten minutes is absolutely outside the bounds of normal and I don't think I would sit there that long if I didn't know to expect it.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but it's only the first time while your account gets moved back to main databases, it's not like you'll go through it over and over again on every load screen possible
    I mean, yeah, a warning would be nice message would be nice tho, I just think your last statement is a bit exaggerated
    Edited by drsalvation on April 16, 2022 12:59AM
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but it's only the first time while your account gets moved back to main databases, it's not like you'll go through it over and over again on every load screen possible
    I mean, yeah, a warning would be nice message would be nice tho, I just think your last statement is a bit exaggerated

But if you don't know that will only happen the first time you log in....and you think that is just what zone time is now....they might not ever log back in to reason out (vs being told) that it is the only the first time.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But if you don't know that will only happen the first time you log in....and you think that is just what zone time is now....they might not ever log back in to reason out (vs being told) that it is the only the first time.

Especially people who don't use the forums/etc.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @merevie

Are you still having any loading issues or problems with your achievements?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post