Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Pvp doesnt work

• Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    6 years of steadily degrading performance. Every single patch in the past 6 years that was intended to improve something has done the opposite with 100% consistency, as far as pvp goes.

They had a "year of performance" two or three years ago with a roadmap with quartley improvements fully mapped out. That year actually was the largest downgrade in performance patch-to-patch to date.

They changed blocking functionality, one of the most crucial and core mechanics to combat with the intention of "streamlining combat and making block more fluid", while claiming it wouldn't affect animation cancelling or ability usage at all. It totally broke animation cancelling across the entire board, and was the catalyst of many of the "abilities not firing" issues that you have today. They never acknowledged this or rolled their change back.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]

Yeah, the block patch basically killed the game for me. Animation cancelling was turned into a buggy mess, no response whatsoever from the devs.
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    This mess of a game has been unplayable since 2016, never been fixed, only gotten worse. The so called 2020 "preformance year" caused more desyncs and lag than ever before. ZOS won't fix it, they've never been able to/bothered to fix it. I dont think its profitable for them, but thats fine. Dont play eso if you're expecting a fun pvp experience, there is other games for that. ESO is the perfect game for light overland questing, and thats pretty much where it ends
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp has been on a downward spiral for around 5/6 years but the past 2 years have been the worst, I even swapped from playstation to pc thinking it would be a better experience but I was so wrong!

I don't care about the map or scrolls I play solely for kills and fighting outnumbered. Which now is partly impossible in peak times 6pm est onwards is terrible, takes button mashing to get 1 skill to go off sets being completely unbalanced ruining the flow of game play. They have battle spirit and should utilise that so pve don't see things being nerfed for pvp but apparently that's too difficult for the devs to understand!

All we have gotten for the past few years is "we are looking into it"

Even when a devs wife mocked the pvp community we were given a well written damage control post about how we would get weekend events and things would get better.

Then surprise surprise nothing came of it...

Think they're busy building new houses for people to waste $150 on lol
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    Pvp has been on a downward spiral for around 5/6 years but the past 2 years have been the worst, I even swapped from playstation to pc thinking it would be a better experience but I was so wrong!

I don't care about the map or scrolls I play solely for kills and fighting outnumbered. Which now is partly impossible in peak times 6pm est onwards is terrible, takes button mashing to get 1 skill to go off sets being completely unbalanced ruining the flow of game play. They have battle spirit and should utilise that so pve don't see things being nerfed for pvp but apparently that's too difficult for the devs to understand!

All we have gotten for the past few years is "we are looking into it"

Even when a devs wife mocked the pvp community we were given a well written damage control post about how we would get weekend events and things would get better.

Then surprise surprise nothing came of it...

Think they're busy building new houses for people to waste $150 on lol

Facts lol I always say the crown store is the only thing they care about but all the fanboys just defend eso when I do. Literally if there's a problem with the crown store it has an emergency maintenance to fix it.........

The game is legit broken right now and they are doing nothing...... They have a pats where reported bugs make it into live because they can't possibly delay it until they fix all the bugs. No wonder why we have bugs all the way back to the start of the game and they just kept piling then on top each other and it just got worse and worse.

The absolute best time to pvp imo was during imperial city launch. Anything after imperial city the game fell off hard every cycle. You could have huge wars during this time. There was some lag but it was to be expected when you have 3 factions fighting at one keep, but your moves worked ect.