The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Addressing Login Issues

• shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just another slap in the face of paying customers.

Thanks /s
  • MorninStar
    MorninStar
    ✭✭
    This is why I canceled my sub. You can't login and play a game you paid for, that game doesn't deserve any more money. Something really needs to be done about this. Now you have a free play for almost 2 weeks which means those of us that have bought the game won't be able to login at all unless we are willing to wait almost 30 mins and take a chance of our cpu burning out. Between the high cpu usage and login issues, y'all are lucky you still have p[layers. Fix the problems so paying players can actually play!!!!..
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    You absolutely should not be running a free play event if it results in regular existing players being put into login queues in order to access the game that they have paid for, and may be paying a subscription for.

While I mostly agree with this sentiment (because this is clearly a big part of their marketing strategy for Chapter sales), I haven't had many issues since the free play started today. We'll see how this weekend goes during prime time.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had any issues logging in today, even on EU prime time (which is when I play there).
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a primarily NA player who logs onto EU for a while every day, I can barely do what I normally do for the past few days. Ping, for what it's worth, has gone from approx 200 to 600 - 999+. I suppose I am lucky to be able to log in.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cant log into EU today
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • G-H-O-S-T
    G-H-O-S-T
    Soul Shriven
    Ok so here is my rant I paid for ESO plus only to find 4 out of the 30 days were unplayable due to the server being down. I realize I’m not on my own here we all had to endure this and if something needs fixing it needs fixing. It’s not the issue though it’s how ESO handled the complaint that bugs me.
    I gave ESO Plus another try hoping the following month would be fine only to have two days in a row server down and this started little 2 hours after subscribing for the second month.
    I opened a ticket asking for compensation for the loss of game time as after all I paid for 30 days I expect to be able to play for 30 days if I chose to do so.
    I was not asking for all the money back but the way I see it I was short-changed pure and simple so I expected some form of compensation, crowns, or part refund.
    I suggested servers should be maintained at a time when most of us are offline and not at peak such as on weekends or days as this is happening far too often.
    I suggested doing server maintenance between 1 am and 8 am on European servers that would work for most in the EU.
    I was informed “we don’t offer refunds”
    I almost accepted this until I could not log in being stuck in a quid all evening well timer stated que time one hour and when it dropped to 1 minute just stayed there.
    I followed up my complaint again stating I believe all ESO members should get some form of compensation and if this was not met then I would no longer be paying for ESO Plus Furthermore, I stated I would be contacting PayPal for a refund if this matter was not dealt with fairly I received no reply so after finding I could not get onto servers again that evening I made the complaint fire PayPal and the following day when I could get into my account I stopping ESO plus as I said I would plus contacted PayPal which I am legally in my right to do.
    In the ticket, I explained that I lost 4 days last month 2 days this month plus supplied screenshot evidence.
    I requested £5.00 back as I figured that was a fair amount.
    I was not asking for it all back as some days I was able to log in.
    The £5.00 was to take into account the previous month's game downtime.
    5 days went by and ESO did not respond to the open ticket, PayPal however did and decided in my favor awarding me the full refund Ethen though I asked for only half.
    [snip]
    [edited for discussing disciplinary actions]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 22, 2022 12:24PM
  • S0Z0H
    S0Z0H
    ✭✭✭
    I play Xbox NA, the logging in was fine with the first big update (33) then we got another tiny patch, about one gig in size, so I updated and downloaded that....and boom ...the endless loading screens RETURN...like clock work.
    It's as if all the work that fixed it was deleted.
    It's incredible how you guys , over and over and over and over again, destroy the player experience.

And oh ya, the new players see this also, all those potential new customers that might of been sucked into the ESO plus and buying tons respect scrolls for no reason....they won't come back. They get to level 10 on a cool high elf toon and they take a break , go to work and the weekend comes, they go to log in...but can't.

They try again. And again and again. Failing over and over to login.
    Frustration builds up. Then they see the game is pushing 100 gigs in their hard drive storage.
    Then they see Elden Ring, or some other game.
    Well they need to make space, so what happens next....they Delete ESO...for good.

Congrats on masterfully finding ways to lose existing players and future players
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G-H-O-S-T wrote: »
    [snip]

This is a lesson going forward. Most game companies will suspend/ban an account if they issue a chargeback. It is a time-consuming process for the vendor, they get charged fees when the processor needs to reverse a charge, and too many may lead to problems with their contract and their ability to process cards in the future. This should be an ABSOLUTE last resort and only if you no longer care about the product and just want to move on. It's not ZOS being stubborn, most companies do this with chargebacks.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 22, 2022 12:25PM
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA