Game breaking issues on NA = Sensible compensation

• karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bat wrote: »
    Same gamebreaking issues on EU = "Thank you for your patience!"

I opted to stay away from EU last night.
    I have a friend on EU who had their entire Glenumbra progress for both Psijic and Mages entirely rolled back by yesterday's issues. That's one entire zone's worth of rifts closed and books collected.
    Why is it that I have this feeling, that no compensation will be given for EU players' losses?
    We're just not good at vocalizing our disappointments, I think. Most of our nations aren't as litigious as the US.

Khajiit is curious. Are you going to sue because of Psijic quest progress loss? This one does not necessarily disagree, and in fact, Karth would suggest you take it further, and sue for the absurdly poor design and unfun psijic questline in its entirety.

No, I'm merely pointing to a difference in cultures that makes one prone to seeking compensation where in the other cases that might not even be legally an option. This of course could also explain the discrepancy between number of posts we see when things go south on NA as opposed to when they do so in the same manners on EU; as well as the patience EU players are expected to show.

It often feels a bit like different strokes for different folks, or in a way that EU players are simply made second class.

Khajiit still thinks you should sue for Psijic questline, purely on principle. "Run to distant waypoint, strain the muscles, listen to obnoxious skull wax poetic about meatbags and not having a body, repeat 36x"
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
    Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a friend on EU who had their entire Glenumbra progress for both Psijic and Mages entirely rolled back by yesterday's issues. That's one entire zone's worth of rifts closed and books collected.
    Why is it that I have this feeling, that no compensation will be given for EU players' losses?
    We're just not good at vocalizing our disappointments, I think. Most of our nations aren't as litigious as the US.

Khajiit is curious. Are you going to sue because of Psijic quest progress loss? This one does not necessarily disagree, and in fact, Karth would suggest you take it further, and sue for the absurdly poor design and unfun psijic questline in its entirety.

No, I'm merely pointing to a difference in cultures that makes one prone to seeking compensation where in the other cases that might not even be legally an option. This of course could also explain the discrepancy between number of posts we see when things go south on NA as opposed to when they do so in the same manners on EU; as well as the patience EU players are expected to show.

It often feels a bit like different strokes for different folks, or in a way that EU players are simply made second class.

ZOS is not legally obligated to provide compensation. If people are unhappy with the current situation.. speak with your wallet.
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grizzbeorn wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Five 150% XP scrolls on April 1st.

Those were Daily Log-in rewards that everyone got.

But they were given as compensation from Matt.
    I know this hasn't been an awesome time for any of you on PC. Many of you were unable to login to play and take advantage of the Explorer's Celebration as you otherwise might have. You may have lost time and progress, and to acknowledge that, we are going to be giving out five 150% Experience Scrolls on the first day of April through the Daily Login Rewards calendar and will be tripling the number of Weekly Endeavor Seals the week of 4/4 for players on all ESO platforms.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/600966/update-33-pc-launch-postmortem/p1
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But EVERYONE got them.
    It wasn't something given to just NA players. EU got them, also.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Amottica
      Amottica
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Why do I get the feeling from some of these replies that people who play only on PC-NA feel entitled to their compensation and that players on other platforms and servers should just be quiet?

It's just sus to me to see so many offended by me floating the mere idea that it would be fair to compensate players equally.

Are you suggesting that everyone should get a few tickets handed to them even if they were not impacted?

and to be clear, I think it makes sense players on servers that have been heavily impacted (well beyond just long maintenance) should get tickets. Nothing to complain about there as it makes sense.
      Edited by Amottica on April 8, 2022 11:17PM
      Options
    • Maythor
      Maythor
      ✭✭✭✭
      With the number of problems we've been seeing, they'll need to be constantly handing out compensation :P
      Options
    • mercer_cap
      mercer_cap
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

But EVERYONE got them.
      It wasn't something given to just NA players. EU got them, also.

It is funny that you guys keep ignoring the whole point of the thread. Yes we got the compensation for NA too, but it is not necessarily the compensation we want.

What the thread is about, is that they treat European customers different. It is ridiculous that the European server has been down so many times and ZOS just discard all the issues, but if the American server goes down once they immediately come with goodies. Europa has the biggest player base of the game, still ZOS choose to ignore us mostly. I don't know if it is a cultural difference between America and Europa, but in Europa you are expected to run your company with honour instead of *** on your customers.
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      (nevermind. I'm done with this.)
      Edited by Grizzbeorn on April 9, 2022 12:00PM
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • LalMirchi
        LalMirchi
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Read the EULA & TOS which are lawful in most jurisdictions. No compensation for outage is implied and/or recompense for game snafus, these are optional for the manufacturer.

That will say: Whatever "Recompense" we get is due to the largess of the manufacturer.
        Options