Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Game breaking issues on NA = Sensible compensation

Bat
Bat
✭✭✭✭✭
Same gamebreaking issues on EU = "Thank you for your patience!"

I opted to stay away from EU last night.
I have a friend on EU who had their entire Glenumbra progress for both Psijic and Mages entirely rolled back by yesterday's issues. That's one entire zone's worth of rifts closed and books collected.
Why is it that I have this feeling, that no compensation will be given for EU players' losses?
We're just not good at vocalizing our disappointments, I think. Most of our nations aren't as litigious as the US.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bat wrote: »

I have a friend on EU who had their entire Glenumbra progress for both Psijic and Mages entirely rolled back by yesterday's issues. That's one entire zone's worth of rifts closed and books collected.
    Why is it that I have this feeling, that no compensation will be given for EU players' losses?
    We're just not good at vocalizing our disappointments, I think. Most of our nations aren't as litigious as the US.

Khajiit is curious. Are you going to sue because of Psijic quest progress loss? This one does not necessarily disagree, and in fact, Karth would suggest you take it further, and sue for the absurdly poor design and unfun psijic questline in its entirety.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Khajiit is curious. Are you going to sue because of Psijic quest progress loss? This one does not necessarily disagree, and in fact, Karth would suggest you take it further, and sue for the absurdly poor design and unfun psijic questline in its entirety.

No, I'm merely pointing to a difference in cultures that makes one prone to seeking compensation where in the other cases that might not even be legally an option. This of course could also explain the discrepancy between number of posts we see when things go south on NA as opposed to when they do so in the same manners on EU; as well as the patience EU players are expected to show.

It often feels a bit like different strokes for different folks, or in a way that EU players are simply made second class.
    Options
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are numerous exempli gratia where EU servers have had issues and the servers had to go down (many of which during events, too) that took a fair bit of time to resolve, and where there wasn't any compensation given.
    Options
  • risfi
    risfi
    ✭✭
    I have a friend on EU who had their entire Glenumbra progress for both Psijic and Mages entirely rolled back by yesterday's issues.

I'm happy to hear (not really happy at all) that I wasn't the only one who lost progress yesterday. I wonder how many more wouldn't notice they also did because they maybe did something less major than Psijic quests, but they well could have lost some chromium or nirn if they did respective activities yesterday.

And yes, we're not going to complain as much and are not going to get any compensation as a result. Or they just say "you already got it in advance before you even experienced these issues".

Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It often feels a bit like different strokes for different folks, or in a way that EU players are simply made second class.

Perhaps that's the case, perhaps not. It's really easy to see the other side as better off if that's how it feels, but PC NA has not gotten compensation for rollbacks or unplayable server problems in the past.

Getting event extensions and compensation is always a popular topic on the forums, but almost never happens. I constantly see people here say they feel like their issues and feedback aren't being considered, so I'm not sure how green the grass really is.

That said, I hope EU has their concerns addressed with things like performance and maintenance timing.

Also ... the "compensation" for the PC NA problems was given to PC EU, too, as well as ALL other platforms, according to the post about it.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While some lost their progress, others couldn't even login to get the daily reward and/or the tickets...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the NA server and I had a bunch of unique items on my account that no longer drops anymore. I'm talking about the original special dolmen items that some to this day, have a unique appearance not seen on any motifs or styles pages. There was an update to the games data and most of mine and my friends unique items from those dolmens were gone... know what they (ZOS) did? Absolutely nothing. We didn't get our items back. One guy got 10K worth of gold and told to just go buy the no longer dropping item from the guild traders... so no, you not getting compensation from roll backs or things dissappearing, is not just an EU problem.
    Edited by RisenEclipse on April 7, 2022 10:48AM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also ... the "compensation" for the PC NA problems was given to PC EU, too, as well as ALL other platforms, according to the post about it.

This is because it wasn't about PC NA server problems. What they said, and what they did, didn't line up, and probably won't line up like that again for a very long time, if ever.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of our accounts have the capability to play on both servers, so why and how would they go about compensating one server and not the other, and WHEN have they done this?
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on April 8, 2022 3:26PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Meiox
      Meiox
      ✭✭✭✭

You talk about the triple weekly endevour which EVERYONE got, not only the NA PC people? Or was there another compensation?
      Options
    • Sylvermynx
      Sylvermynx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Meiox wrote: »

You talk about the triple weekly endevour which EVERYONE got, not only the NA PC people? Or was there another compensation?

Five 150% XP scrolls on April 1st.
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Sylvermynx wrote: »

Those were Daily Log-in rewards that everyone got.
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • sarahthes
        sarahthes
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Sylvermynx wrote: »

Pretty sure everyone got that, not just PC NA.
        Options
      • ZOS_Kevin
        ZOS_Kevin
        Community Manager
        If anyone is concerned about missing event tickets due to yesterday’s outage on PC EU, please place a ticket with Customer Service. They will review and help to compensate the missing tickets.

Those who have other issues connected to the outage should also place a ticket for those issues to be addressed.
        Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
        Options
        Staff Post
      • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
        Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't get us started on the pay to grind or buy instead....
        Options
      • Gythral
        Gythral
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
        If anyone is concerned about missing event tickets due to yesterday’s outage on PC EU, please place a ticket with Customer Service. They will review and help to compensate the missing tickets.

Those who have other issues connected to the outage should also place a ticket for those issues to be addressed.

Not had an issue with 'ticket's but cant do 15x my daily crafting, as I normally do...
        “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
        Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
        Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
        Options
      • agelonestar
        agelonestar
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Kevin. I think your response misses the point of the thread and I wanted to highlight that.

The EU servers have been on the receiving end of far more issues and problems than any others over the years. When there were issues on NA last week there was compensation and notes from the boss and all sorts of communication and support. It feels very much like, when we on the EU server have a problem, the ONLY response we get is "log a ticket".

It's a pretty rubbish response, I have to say.

I'm hoping ZoS can do better.
        GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
        GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
        Options
      • Varana
        Varana
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

We had the final boss of Unhallowed Grave hard mode at 17% when our first DD disconnected, and the second one shortly after.

Does that mean we can go to Customer Service to claim completion of the dungeon, loot and achievements? ;)
        Options
      • Bat
        Bat
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you have rather they rolled out compensations only for PC-NA, or... what is your point?
        Options
      • Bat
        Bat
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Why do I get the feeling from some of these replies that people who play only on PC-NA feel entitled to their compensation and that players on other platforms and servers should just be quiet?

It's just sus to me to see so many offended by me floating the mere idea that it would be fair to compensate players equally.
        Options
      • BloodMagicLord
        BloodMagicLord
        ✭✭✭✭

I also had achievement progress rolled back, for the Cloudrest achievement "Yaghra Blockade", you have to do the portal 15 times without letting any Yaghra travel through it. It takes quite a long time and is very boring and tedious tbh.

And yeah, all my progress was gone when I logged back in today.

I submitted a ticket and they replied telling me they cannot give out achievements and that I just need to do it again.
        Kind of a joke to be honest.
        PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
        STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
        Options
      • BloodMagicLord
        BloodMagicLord
        ✭✭✭✭

Please see my comment above. Support is NOT addressing achievement related issues.
        PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
        STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
        Options
      • Mythgard1967
        Mythgard1967
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Why do I get the feeling from some of these replies that people who play only on PC-NA feel entitled to their compensation and that players on other platforms and servers should just be quiet?

It's just sus to me to see so many offended by me floating the mere idea that it would be fair to compensate players equally.

UH but NA didnt get any compensation that was specific to NA. All the "compensation" we received was also given to EU....so....I think what NA is saying...NA didn't get any NA specific compensation. The so called compensation was applied to everyone...even EU...who didn't have issues yet.....so...you want compensation applied equally to only be for EU when you were compensated for NA issues..and that is equal exactly how????
        Options
      • davidtk
        davidtk
        ✭✭✭✭
        Yea what I understood is that "compensation" is for global update 33 issues and it is 1200 weekly endeavors and XP scrolls. Thats all. No specific compensation for NA server issues after sharding. So next compensation yes but for all.
        Really sorry for my english
        Options
      • Metalfyre
        Metalfyre
        ✭✭✭

That's nice, but one has to be able to log into the game first in order to do that.
        Options
      • davidtk
        davidtk
        ✭✭✭✭
        Metalfyre wrote: »

That's nice, but one has to be able to log into the game first in order to do that.

You can place ticket via support web page.
        Really sorry for my english
        Options
      • Kessra
        Kessra
        ✭✭✭

Should I file a ticket per account or is one enough for multiple accounts?
        Options
      • xaraan
        xaraan
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        davidtk wrote: »
        Yea what I understood is that "compensation" is for global update 33 issues and it is 1200 weekly endeavors and XP scrolls. Thats all. No specific compensation for NA server issues after sharding. So next compensation yes but for all.

Same here, compensation was given. This thread makes it sound like EU is wanting more compensation than what NA got. But it's probably just frustration in the end, it's pretty annoying to have limited time and time locked events and not be able to get into the game.
        -- @xaraan --
        nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
        AD • NA • PC
        Options
      • Mythgard1967
        Mythgard1967
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        xaraan wrote: »
        davidtk wrote: »

Same here, compensation was given. This thread makes it sound like EU is wanting more compensation than what NA got. But it's probably just frustration in the end, it's pretty annoying to have limited time and time locked events and not be able to get into the game.

Especially when it hits during he most favored event of the year. NA hit during Jesters festival...which is still a festival but certainly the favored one for the whole year.

I feel sad for you EU guys.
        Options
      • ApoAlaia
        ApoAlaia
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        For me the crux of the matter is not compensation.

The crux of the matter is that when the NA server went awry we got a full post-mortem by none other than the game director.

The umpteen times the EU server has gone awry over they years, to the point that it became a meme, including but not only the two most recent instances, not even a single word.

So yes, is not really easy to feel like a 'valued customer'.

Edited by ApoAlaia on April 7, 2022 6:09PM
        Options