Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Made a huge impulse buy mistake!

HiveMind3006
HiveMind3006
✭✭✭
When I logged in this morning, half asleep I noticed the new 'Stick Horses' were available.
I thought this looks good for a laugh and quickly bought the nightmare variant.
I opened my collections and only then did I realise this wasn't a mount at all but a prop'.
Hugely disappointed I reverted back to my original mount and vowed never again. You can't even sprint with it. Its useless as a mount as it isn't a mount that you'd expect from something marked as a mount in it's description.
Yes I know I should have read the red highlighted warning that this wasn't actually a mount (although marked as one) and I didn't even notice the red lettering in store description (-10 for observation huh!) I did however notice it as I was about to equip it from collections and my heart sunk. I don't know what the point in this item actually is, RP maybe as it isn't a usable mount.
Like I said I should have read the description but I guess I just thought it would be an actual mount and not some useless prop!
I feel kinda stung but hey ***, my fault, you just gotta be careful with everything these days. :(
Cragsear: Brit: DK: Tank/DPS-Mag (Armoury). Craganor: High Elf: Ward: Tank/Heals(Armoury). Cragriel: High Elf: Templar: Heals. Cragheal: Brit: Templar: Heals/DPS-Stam (Armoury). Cragrot Mortium: Imperial: Necro: Tank/DPS-Stam (Armoury)
Khraga-Dhee: Khajiit: Nightblade: Heals/DPS/-Stam/Tealeaf\Assassin (Armoury). Khrag-Mund: Orc: DK: Tank.
Dances With Sabe: Argonian: Sorc: Heals/DPS-Mag (Armoury).

*Esoteric Order Of Mayhem*
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Submit a ticket explaining the mistake you made and ask for a refund. You may get lucky.
  • HiveMind3006
    HiveMind3006
    ✭✭✭
    It's not their fault, I mean they did put a warning in red letters, I don't know how I missed it. Probably due to being half asleep. I'll suck it up and just be more careful in future. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Cragsear: Brit: DK: Tank/DPS-Mag (Armoury). Craganor: High Elf: Ward: Tank/Heals(Armoury). Cragriel: High Elf: Templar: Heals. Cragheal: Brit: Templar: Heals/DPS-Stam (Armoury). Cragrot Mortium: Imperial: Necro: Tank/DPS-Stam (Armoury)
    Khraga-Dhee: Khajiit: Nightblade: Heals/DPS/-Stam/Tealeaf\Assassin (Armoury). Khrag-Mund: Orc: DK: Tank.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not their fault, I mean they did put a warning in red letters, I don't know how I missed it. Probably due to being half asleep. I'll suck it up and just be more careful in future. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I understood the mistake. But if you do not really want it then it does not do any harm to ask for a refund. The worst that can happen is you are stuck with the furnishing.

Your choice either way. Enjoy the game.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They used to be in a section of the Crown Store called "Pay-to-Lose" lol. Speaking of which, when will the rest of the stick mounts be back? I'd been hoping the basic ones (not fiery or behatted) would return.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • DunBheagan
    DunBheagan
    ✭✭
    It's still good for a laugh, though...
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take it to Cyro and pretend to run away from enemies.
    Edited by BlossomDead on April 8, 2022 12:28PM
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I did an impulse buy with the actual stick mount last year, only to realise speed boosts don't affect it. Why? I don't know. I assumed it ran like a normal mount, so never bothered to read the description. It's a slow mount when you're in pvp. 😭

Lesson learned.
    Edited by leetacakesb16_ESO on April 11, 2022 4:04PM
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania
  • HiveMind3006
    HiveMind3006
    ✭✭✭
    All in all- its a fun item even if it isn't a true mount. I forced myself to use it and after I got over the sting its certainly good for a laugh :)

• blue_peaceful_Manticore
    This toy (not a mount) was the only thing that make me laugh in all game. Every time we jump and the sound char does, it's insany lol!
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impulse buying is my middle name.
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!