The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Cheesy endeavours are bugged?

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolgubon wrote: »
    There are no seal or gold rewards for it. However, next time you do writs you might see something different!

If you don't see it, it's probably BC it's not yet April for you. No update needed. I can't remember but I'm not sure if I tied it to the holiday settings option this time.

so there is an option

I still don't see an option.
    PCNA
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no seal or gold rewards for it. However, next time you do writs you might see something different!

If you don't see it, it's probably BC it's not yet April for you. No update needed. I can't remember but I'm not sure if I tied it to the holiday settings option this time.

so there is an option

I don't either, unless it shows up once it's Apr 1.
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭

so there is an option

Your computer's time would need to be April 1 or you won't see it yet. Might also have to reloadui or relog.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh ok, thanks.
    PCNA
  • Zephiran23
    Zephiran23
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it is possible to make things actually account wide. Completed on NA, went to do them on EU and all were completed already. Amazing what can be done with computers these days.
  • joekneegee2003ub17_ESO
    I did the Cheesy ones about a week ago and didn't get any rewards. :(
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished them all and got zero reward.
    Someone said they got gold and a lot of seals.
    I got nothing.
    Sent in a report.
    Cool game.
    Anyone else?

YOU ARE SO VERY EVIL SIR -_-
    But also bloody hilarious, had me out here destroying cheese and everything -_-
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got nothing.
    Sent in a report.
    Cool game.
    Anyone else?

You got me so good haha. Damn you sir! Also thanks for the amazing addon.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's an addon creator who did this, kudos!

Was funny to see that and the interaction with our cheese of Tamriel in our lore book section was a nice touch:
    'you must be going mad but you can't seem to remember this book!'
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Add on creators have been adding April Fools pranks for years.
    I love it when folks fall for it. Lol!
    Happy Prank Day!! Huzzah!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Fabi95
    Fabi95
    ✭✭✭

Except that this creates major confusion within the community (and managed to do so successfully). And likely loads of support tickets for ZOS, ultimately costing them money. From a company point of view, that can be a reason to start restricting addons. It's a privilege after all that ZOS offers these APIs, and made it clear in the terms of service that they could stop providing them at any time. So maybe addon developers should remind themselves to not stretch it. "Jokes" are relative when real money is involved.

Or on another note: When addon developers add such hidden things, who knows what else these addons do? It's a trust thing after all to run someone else's code on other computers.
    Edited by Fabi95 on April 1, 2022 2:23PM
  • Azphel
    Azphel
    ✭✭✭
    Replacing line 125 in SettingsMenu.lua with
    local dateCheck = false

will disable the easter egg. Crafting station text swap can be disabled by deleting a few lines in the localization file in the Languages folder of the addon. For en.lua, it's lines 444-449.

These changes will get overwritten after an update.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fabi95 wrote: »
    Or on another note: When addon developers add such hidden things, who knows what else these addons do? It's a trust thing after all to run someone else's code on other computers.

It's public knowledge what addons can do, ZOS tells us what addons can do. Specifically every update one of ZOS's UI leads tells us what addons can do. For ascending tide Dan Batson said what addons can do here: https://esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10058

Here is a list of the events, functions, and constants that addons can access https://esoui.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1453&d=1643679278. This again was provided by ZOS. Or in a more readable fashion here: https://wiki.esoui.com/API

Addons are not 3rd party programs they are lua files that the game reads and the game chooses what to do with.
    ZOS chose to allow addons to access the group UI object. If they didn't want that they could just not allow it and the game would not process that line of code.

The game reads every line of code and chooses whether to execute it or not. In theory you could do everything an addon can do by typing /script [Line of code] into the game chat. Type /script d(GetFramerate()) into the chat and the game will tell you your frame rate type /script GiveGold('player', 100000) and nothing will happen, because the game chooses not to execute that line of code.

Addons, for example, cannot see how many crowns you have, or modify the crown store interface. This is because ZOS chose to not allow them to do that. ZOS aren't stupid, they have created an amazing system to allow people to modify their game as they wish by performing actions that they allow and I think it's an amazing thing.
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Fabi95
    Fabi95
    ✭✭✭

Your addon code runs on thousands of computers running ESO. In my opinion, it is not very assuring if you cannot recall what you programmed in the first place. Personally I feel this is a breach of trust to include code doing completely unintended behavior. And such actions can contribute to ZOS possibly considering to restrict addons. Which would be unfortunate, because there is loads of other trustworthy addons out there.
  • linceul_direct
    linceul_direct
    Soul Shriven
    I think it´s great. Some people just can´t take a joke...
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except that this creates major confusion within the community (and managed to do so successfully).

This is what April Fool's is about... fooling others in a good natured way, which this was.

Your addon code runs on thousands of computers running ESO. In my opinion, it is not very assuring if you cannot recall what you programmed in the first place. Personally I feel this is a breach of trust to include code doing completely unintended behavior. And such actions can contribute to ZOS possibly considering to restrict addons. Which would be unfortunate, because there is loads of other trustworthy addons out there.

This is one of most widely used add-ons for ESO and for good reason. It is extremely helpful and there was no breach of trust by adding a completely harmless April Fool's joke to it. I personally find it hilarious and I don't usually like pranks. Last year's was equally fun and funny.
    PCNA
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except that this creates major confusion within the community (and managed to do so successfully).

This is what April Fool's is about... fooling others in a good natured way, which this was.

This is one of most widely used add-ons for ESO and for good reason. It is extremely helpful and there was no breach of trust by adding a completely harmless April Fool's joke to it. I personally find it hilarious and I don't usually like pranks. Last year's was equally fun and funny.

It's harmless and it's doing what April Fools does best (fooling the public), but it's still creating enough confusion that people are making posts asking why ZOS' latest endeavors are broken.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people sent in official bug reports about them being "broken" too, which is bound to annoy ZOS's bug fixers who already have enough problems to solve lately as it is.

So yes. It's a harmless prank, but it may still have some consequences. I wouldn't be too surprised if ZOS patches in something that makes sure Add On authors cannot make fake endeavors anymore.
  • Theros
    Theros
    ✭✭✭
    +2514 Endeavor :) Very very nice work

100197ig6a0w.jpg
  • Arafyn
    Arafyn
    ✭✭
    These were great! thanks for them.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

It's harmless and it's doing what April Fools does best (fooling the public), but it's still creating enough confusion that people are making posts asking why ZOS' latest endeavors are broken.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people sent in official bug reports about them being "broken" too, which is bound to annoy ZOS's bug fixers who already have enough problems to solve lately as it is.

So yes. It's a harmless prank, but it may still have some consequences. I wouldn't be too surprised if ZOS patches in something that makes sure Add On authors cannot make fake endeavors anymore.

I seriously doubt that ZoS will stop harmless April Fool's jokes, especially since the Jester's Festival is all about joking and fun. Also ZoS's pranks are much more disruptive, such as mudballs that are used as a means of harassment.

In light of the recent controversy with update 33 this is a breath of fresh air.
    PCNA
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    the option to disable holiday settings is at the very very top of the settings in the LazyWritCrafter addon settings, right now it's called April
    Edited by SpiritKitten on April 1, 2022 10:50PM
  • Vancali
    Vancali
    ✭✭✭
    I got nothing.
    Sent in a report.
    Cool game.
    Anyone else?

@Dolgubon: touché, Monsieur ***. I was asking all over and searching how to get to the Shivering Isles. Had never heard of how you could get there in ESO outside of something in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Vancali on April 1, 2022 11:53PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got nothing.
    Sent in a report.
    Cool game.
    Anyone else?

Sir I want to thank you for all your hard work on QOL things that I use and value every day.
    I lolled when I saw this
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every year the author of Dolgubons does an April Fool's joke. One year it was every other refine gave you Dreugh Wax reward message... it just didnt give you any Dreugh Wax :smile:
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pnema5lkdifd.jpg
    Love the cheese at top of the crafting writ screen!

Thanks Dolgubon! Sincerely made my day!!
    Edited by TheImperfect on April 2, 2022 12:29PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It made a lot of players' day. People in guild were talking about it and I heard people talking about it in every zone I was in. Everyone loved it, including me. :)
    PCNA
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panomania wrote: »
    Every year the author of Dolgubons does an April Fool's joke. One year it was every other refine gave you Dreugh Wax reward message... it just didnt give you any Dreugh Wax :smile:

That was not writ crafter, that was another addon.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except that this creates major confusion within the community (and managed to do so successfully). And likely loads of support tickets for ZOS, ultimately costing them money. From a company point of view, that can be a reason to start restricting addons. It's a privilege after all that ZOS offers these APIs, and made it clear in the terms of service that they could stop providing them at any time. So maybe addon developers should remind themselves to not stretch it. "Jokes" are relative when real money is involved.

Easy answer:
    If you are in fear just disable your addons and leave the fun to the others, who are not fearing their addons are going to destroy their computer...

And I doubt you are in the position to tell what is trustworthy or not just because you read 1 answer in a forum... Read the code, and then you can tell. btw: Addons are checked before upload if you get hem from esoui.com/Minion.
    If any author really wants to harm you, he could do that and it's up to ZOs to block that, like they did in the past and prevented attachments to mails without manual input e.g. Everyhting else is just up to you: Use addons and trust them, or don't.

Each year the same annoying reactions, even if there are even settings now to disable that.
    A very simple solution to you guys:
    IF you all of sudden see something very new and a totally new tab or setting ingame: Disable all your addons with that small new checkbox ZOs provided you at the very first entry of the addons list. 1 click + 1 reloadui!
    Check if the new settings etc. disappeared -> It was addon related! No need to check-in with ZOs ;-)

Should be self explaining AND self-findable if you'd really are cursiour and interested into that, and do not just want to rant about that bad addons being cheesy, and code being run on your computer etc!
    WHO does tell you that ESO's code is not even harming your PC, and you even payed for it... Maybe there is jus not a forum post about that yet so you do not believe it, now you got one.

@Dolgubon Thanks for the laugh and the time you invested on that, again! :-)
    1 improvement for next time: Maybe make the setting to disable that visible all time and not only at April 1st, so noone can complain about that.
    Edited by Baertram on April 7, 2022 7:48PM