The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

the plague of mounts with disgusting light effects

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
The new mounts looked so good when advertised... but in the end there's always another trash with dumb light effects.

What's the point of the horrendous light effects on so many mounts and almost everything lately?

https://esosslfiles-a.akamaihd.net/ape/uploads/2022/03/067125d54a06b4874e8ff2feb83b8d0b.jpg

Edited by NeKryXe on March 31, 2022 4:45PM
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    Nooo!!!! I still want a mount with light effects that isn't priced in unobtanium.

Should i start streaming and have my account flagged as a streamer? The one i was watching to get the jesters crate was just normally riding around with one. I looked at that light source with envy.. the one thing i could never get.

Actually its not so bad. I've been playing less since i mildly burnt out last year (just do endeavours until there's steam).. so with the less playtime, i can happily wait until esoclock says i can go. Its only 2 hours max wait anyway.
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Love the light effects, and sound effects, especially the sonic boom kind!! No effects no crates, it's that simple.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? You like mounts with lights? :neutral:

Horses with moving lights and fishes flying around, glowing rams, ghost senches, bears radiating light... I always found it too much and too intrusive. Some of those mounts could have been nice without the unneeded effects. Maybe an option to disable the light effects on mounts would help. I think that more people finds it too ridiculous and intrusive, if we had an option to disable it maybe they could sell more apex mounts.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, to each their own. I personally love glowy stuff and rainbow colors.

brendon-urie.gif
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love all the colors and lights and dramatic things. I think they’re awesome. And, I’d freaking love the courser with the fishes around it. How freaking awesome!
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just like regular natural looking horses. I'm always glad when they put a new one out. I almost always get them.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I just like regular natural looking horses. I'm always glad when they put a new one out. I almost always get them.

Definitely. There's something to be said about a classy reserved looking mount.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we could just get a toggle for the "glow" on all lightbulb mounts it would be awesome. (Like how we can toggle the Stam, Speed, and Carry Upgrades in the Settings)

I was finally able to catch my Varla-Born Wolf on the character select screen without its glow in a picture.
    Without Glow:
    cea35f72b2bc23ffe74903a1023e073a.png

With Glow:
    ad7820bce65dc1a413b286cace37f963.png
    ((Also, on the topic of this dang Varla-Born Wolf if the ridiculously loud HUMMING sound could be toned down or just outright taken out my EARS would appreciate it..))

Anywho, both look nice, so a toggle option would be perfect. Same goes for all the Sovngarde mounts.
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meekmiko wrote: »
    If we could just get a toggle for the "glow" on all lightbulb mounts it would be awesome. (Like how we can toggle the Stam, Speed, and Carry Upgrades in the Settings)

Yes! That's it. An option to toggle would be very welcome. I really hate those effects. It looks bad in everything and for some weird reason they insist on it. At least they could let us disable it.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

Horses with moving lights and fishes flying around, glowing rams, ghost senches, bears radiating light... I always found it too much and too intrusive. Some of those mounts could have been nice without the unneeded effects. Maybe an option to disable the light effects on mounts would help. I think that more people finds it too ridiculous and intrusive, if we had an option to disable it maybe they could sell more apex mounts.

I highly doubt anyone is going to spend thousands of gems on an apex-level mount that looks generic and mundane. The flashy effects are what attracts most people to them, imo.
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the fishies on the Surfglow Horse. I also happen to love most Radiant Apex mounts.

I respect you don't like them, but I do.

Unless there is a poll in place to back up your presumption that 'most' don't like them, then you know that's otherwise just a projected opinion.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zavijah_Arventi Yes. It's obviously a projected opinion based on hundreds of times I already read people on this forum expressing immense dislike for the sound, visual and lighting effects on most apex mounts. But if we have an option at our end to disable the light effects on mounts and pets, you could still keep it on if you like. So, it would be nice for all tastes. :smile:

@Molydeus If "the flashy effects are what attracts most people", then it just means that Zos is not being creative enough. Most new mounts and some pets with excessive effects just feels like something out of the game. I understand that there are people enjoying, otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it, but I'd really love to be able to disable it. In fact, I'd love to be able to disable all mounts and pets light effects at my end for all game. It wouldn't change the fun for those who enjoy it but would make the game immersion better for many players. We are just talking about options, settings on game.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    NeKryXe wrote: »

I highly doubt anyone is going to spend thousands of gems on an apex-level mount that looks generic and mundane. The flashy effects are what attracts most people to them, imo.

For a lot of people, that's definitely true. I don't know if I'd even go as far as saying "most" people though. There are a lot that would spend good money just on my striped senche mount, for example, and that's about as plain as can be. I mean, it was flashy by the standards back then, but that's because the standards were "horse in black, brown, tan, or white" - but people are still willing to pay cash for that today, even if it didn't mean what it does.
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    I like the light & glow effects on *most* of the mounts that have them, but I also have an ooooo shiny! fixation. I think the ability to globally toggle certain light effects (mount, atmospheric (the lightning in Deadlands, by Daedric portals, ect) would really come in handy though, especially for players who may have some light sensitivity. It might also ease the burden of creating & rendering so many particle & light effects on the server and graphics cards.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU