The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mount Preview Suggestion

Mofasa
Mofasa
✭✭✭
Hi
Like many other I now have 16k+ in Seals of Endeavors and thinking of buy the Starchaser Mount.
But I still can't decide if I should buy it since I do not know how it sounds.
I want to know how it's roar sounds and how it sounds when I'm riding it..
This is important for me because I would be extremely annoyed if I spend 16k on it (that took me a whole year to collect) just to find out that the "riding sound" is annoying or plain silly or if the roar does not fit the mount theme, so to speak.

So my suggestion is that in the mount preview in the crown store, let us hear it roar when we press Space.
Let us also hear and see how it sounds and handles(?) while running. (This could be done by letting the mount run at the spot in the preview).
If we could sea and hear all this then it will be much easier for us to select the right mount for us that we will enjoy and cherish(?) :smile:

I just want to be sure that I do not regret spending all those seals on something that I did not like.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, it would be useful to have a full preview of mounts instead of just the model.

I've discovered from seeing them in the game that some apex and radiant apex mounts leave a trail behind as they run and I think I'd find some of them annoying if it was my mount so I'd like to know if they do that before getting one. But also maybe it wouldn't annoy me because most of the trail would be behind the camera and wouldn't actually be in my way, but I can't find that out from seeing someone else using it.
    Edited by Danikat on March 28, 2022 8:52AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t have pics or vids of it rn, but I can help with the description. I shilled out a bit and got the Starchaser senche. When it roars, it takes on a bit of an appear of like space dust and stars flowing off it, and stars shoot out of its mouth, stay for a sec, and fall towards you. It also leave a trail of stardust behind it as it runs. It isn’t AS flashy as some other radiant apexes, but it’s certainly beautiful.

PS: remembered an older vid on Twitter that pretty much previews the roar:
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So many things I wish we could preview before buying. Console has no PTS so we are force to but something in order to really see it in person and movement. Probably would have purchased more items over the years but with no real easy way to return something once purchased I have just not purchased items just in case I don't like it. Sure support can and do help but it a needless long and inconvenient process.

Stay safe and enjoy Springtime :)
  • Mofasa
    Mofasa
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

I actually found a YT of the mount and it effects. (mqU9EBbVzyY)
    Go to 16:45 to see it in action.
    Going to buy it now. :smile:
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've thought about this too. It would be really nice to see the roar and locomotion in the preview somehow.