The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

FPS has dropped since the last update (stutters and non fluid movement -> (Nvidia inside)

Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi folks,

Just wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing this?

I am having horrible FPS drops in Cyrodill with it sometimes dropping to 10 FPS and even below (crowded fights/areas)
I am also experiencing quite atrocious lag -> upwards of 400 ping in the same context mentioned above.

It wasn't good the past few months, but since the update I can hardly play and am even concerned for my PC :/

*Rig bought in 2017 to continue playing ESO and I have an Nvidia Graphics card (yikes)*
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 1, 2022 12:31AM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 years is actually about the life span of a PC without upgrading. Lag has been bad the last 3 nights at least, but I've seen no FPS drops out of the ordinary. I have heard older machines struggle more this patch though

What model of Nvidia do you have?
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 years is actually about the life span of a PC without upgrading. Lag has been bad the last 3 nights at least, but I've seen no FPS drops out of the ordinary. I have heard older machines struggle more this patch though

What model of Nvidia do you have?

Hey there,

I have an nvidia geforce gtx960 4gb

Zero problems with FPS until this latest patch, eh lag is what it is, but this is new for me.

PS: I asked a mate who has a new setup (bought this year with a high end graphics card), he says he was experiencing massive fps drops too in Cyrodiil (metres apart) and that he has no issues on other games.

PS: the sound also begins to stutter when the FPS drops occur so it's quite a mess.
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on March 26, 2022 5:19PM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see I'm not alone and will continue to look for people with similiar issues.

I've done work arounds I've found in previous posts and updated everything under the sun. I haven't limited my fps to such low values as the video creator suggests, but I did cap it to 100.

Are we going to acknowledge that there is a problem after UD 33 and possibly a fix or proper work around for people with this problem ? FPS is dropping far more than it should..why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHwT0WFs8P0&ab_channel=NantivisanT.

(PS I'm used to the lag...but this...no)
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on March 30, 2022 6:30PM
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    My game used to run smooth now I pretty much have been unable to play since last update. Shudders all the time in cities and crashes to desktop every few mins in pvp. I disabled all add ons and lower settings and still no fix. My launcher sometimes works and other times I get a repair button that does nothing after running.
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also laggy since the update here.

1660Super.
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3302CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in one of the similar threads it was mentioning that it might be a bug with multithreading

see here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/599878/fps-after-patch#latest
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    I see I'm not alone and will continue to look for people with similiar issues.

I've done work arounds I've found in previous posts and updated everything under the sun. I haven't limited my fps to such low values as the video creator suggests, but I did cap it to 100.

Are we going to acknowledge that there is a problem after UD 33 and possibly a fix or proper work around for people with this problem ? FPS is dropping far more than it should..why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHwT0WFs8P0&ab_channel=NantivisanT.

(PS I'm used to the lag...but this...no)

oh boy, this is unplayable - so sorry for you, mate.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. I'm running an older rig than you. Performance has definitely got worse with micro hangs, little delays on skills even in unpopulated pve areas. But I'm not looking that bad, even in cyro. Most of the time anyway. I mean, sometimes the game struggles, it happens, particularly if you show up to a big fight underway. But once it's calmed down, it's sort ok... Not good, but functional. TLDR - stuff definitely got worse, but I'm wondering if there's somethign your end making it particularly bad?
  • IvyCaramba
    IvyCaramba
    Soul Shriven
    Brand new Acer ROG x13 - massively slower/laggy since the last patch. I don't expect that with a brand new, high spec gaming laptop.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    Hmmm. I'm running an older rig than you. Performance has definitely got worse with micro hangs, little delays on skills even in unpopulated pve areas. But I'm not looking that bad, even in cyro. Most of the time anyway. I mean, sometimes the game struggles, it happens, particularly if you show up to a big fight underway. But once it's calmed down, it's sort ok... Not good, but functional. TLDR - stuff definitely got worse, but I'm wondering if there's somethign your end making it particularly bad?

No idea.
    I don't have the best rig, but it's not the worst either.

I see a multitude of people in another post with the issue, some suggest it's CPU and the way the game handles threading since the patch. Some say to manually override via the usersettings, but I'm gonna pass on that for now.