The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Etiquette in PVE?

• ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    Wow speaking of etiquette. So my newbie level 24 nightblade is trying to farm dolmens in deshaan and of course some level 1880 just obliterated everything in site befor I could even get a shot in...and of course when that happens you don't get squat. Gee thanks. That's the kind of crap I can't stand. We know at that level you can pretty much obliterate anything. :rollsyes: sigh

Yes what Necrotech and what AcadianPaladin said. Exactly what I was trying to point. Hard to convey sometimes.

Yeah, not trying to beat the subject into the ground. But it was possible to be totally shut out. I was there in the beginning of the dolmen and they came through with their Templar pokey pokey stabby stabby and I didn't get one hit. No yellow bodies to loot or nada. I just started my nightblade so she's pretty low and yeah damage isn't in one hit. There was no one else there.
    I had to just point it out since this is the thread to do so. Stick to the low level dungeons to level.
    Xbox X- NA
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, not trying to beat the subject into the ground. But it was possible to be totally shut out. I was there in the beginning of the dolmen and they came through with their Templar pokey pokey stabby stabby and I didn't get one hit. No yellow bodies to loot or nada. I just started my nightblade so she's pretty low and yeah damage isn't in one hit. There was no one else there.
    I had to just point it out since this is the thread to do so. Stick to the low level dungeons to level.

I'm sorry that happened to you, but it does seem to not quite match up with my own experiences.
    Not having lootable bodies isn't uncommon, though, what I was thinking of was being able to get loot from the final chest. As far as I know, as long as you can damage the mobs or close pinions, you will get credit for the dolmen as a whole. Since most of the spawns are 2-3 spawns spread around the dolmen, it should almost always be possible to damage one of them. Credit for the final "boss" is usually more limited and that one I can see being shut out of.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

I'm sorry that happened to you, but it does seem to not quite match up with my own experiences.
    Not having lootable bodies isn't uncommon, though, what I was thinking of was being able to get loot from the final chest. As far as I know, as long as you can damage the mobs or close pinions, you will get credit for the dolmen as a whole. Since most of the spawns are 2-3 spawns spread around the dolmen, it should almost always be possible to damage one of them. Credit for the final "boss" is usually more limited and that one I can see being shut out of.

to go along with this, the only "lootable" bodies are the ones that are from the boss spawn, but you should only have a problem getting loot from that if there were 12+ people there and dmg was too low

as noted the final chest is awarded as long as you do any dmg to anything, or close a pinion
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Oh..yes, I was able to get the chest an all, just felt like I wasn't able to really do anything else for xp. But yeah, just complaining that it pretty much kind of sucks for a low level character trying to achieve something at a dolmen. Just imagine my cute Khajit standing there with her tail not able to make a dent at a dolmen. Yes. I'm laughing about it when I think of it that way.
    Xbox X- NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you get the vast amount of xp for the completion of the dolmen, the kills at the dolmen dont give anymore xp than normal kills

as long as you got the chest at the end of the dolmen, you got the big chunk of xp for participation
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    you get the vast amount of xp for the completion of the dolmen, the kills at the dolmen dont give anymore xp than normal kills

as long as you got the chest at the end of the dolmen, you got the big chunk of xp for participation

Ok, thank you! good to know.
    Xbox X- NA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One part of PvE etiquette which I believe is nice to have is players giving thanks for assistance with world bosses. When I need help with a world boss (which is most of the time: I've only ever soloed 1 world boss to date), then I always say "thanks!" in zone chat after the boss is defeated.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390