The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Experiment: What classes does the other classes fear the most in PvP?

Monweel
Monweel
✭✭✭
Vote here what is YOUR class and comment what class do you fear/die to the most when fighting in the PvP zones.

Experiment: What classes does the other classes fear the most in PvP? 91 votes

Sorcerer
12%
GedericWhiteCoatSyndromeWuffyCeruleiWingRhaegar75Oberon45MolydeusJierdanitL_NiciAmerisesHescrow 11 votes
Nightblade
10%
MasterSpatularaaphorsusmitdspikHzScallanSippingPotionsbaselesschartRyuvainspongebobmovieticketSpaceman_218 10 votes
Templar
27%
SluggyKayshaxMauiWauiMaster_KasMEBengalsFan2001runningtingsLumennArgonianAustinmaster_vanargandjaws343WildRaptorXworralljsoniku4ikblisESO_NightingalehiziumLoneStar2911dinokstrunzaurelius_fxWabanakiWarriorDunBheagan 25 votes
Dragonknight
42%
Kikazarudrzycki_ESOjones911SmokedpyrotechDrSlaughtrolsborgRhaveinMayraelHowlKimchiDjinn_al_zahirVevvevVaohTrinotopsxylena_lazarowAznoxMariusghost84Battle_HymnkatorgaBugsyTheGodtsaescishoeshiner 39 votes
Warden
0%
Necromancer
6%
TheTruestKingDrdeath20EtTuBrutusCommandmentSkaraMinocLordeGian 6 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK Group Healer here, so I fear the Sorc Negate in a choke point. Dodge roll out or die.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 10, 2022 3:43PM
  • hizium
    hizium
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    Magplar here. The only class that I fear is the Sorcerer for 2 reasons: pets and negate magic.
    If the pet get in the way or if I target it by mistake, the sorc will have time to heal and attack me back. A sorc who knows how to control the pets can make them always be in front of the attacker.
    The second reason is the negate magic. My build is heavily dependant on shield and regen from channeled focus. If I can't cast it, I have too little resource manegement and survivability.

All the other classes are neutral to me, being dependant on the player's skills and not the class itself. However, the sorc class by itself means problem to me.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    I don't fear any man, but that thing...

Looks at the Templar

... It scares me.

Jokes aside the one class that has continuously given me trouble time and time again is the Templar. When played right it has everything to counter my magDK and the fights either end in an unending stalemate that lasts 5+ minutes or with me face first in the dirt.

Wardens are meh, Necros have a scary ultimate, Nightblades ricochet off me, Sorcs I gotta watch carefully, other DKs can be trouble or a tasty snack, but those Templars hurt. Doesn't help I have to be in melee to fight them effectively either.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    I've been mostly playing a MagDK lately. Whenever I come across a Magplar I know it's gonna be a long fight. They just have so much innate damage and healing rolled into one package, and their versatility is insane. It also doesnt help that they have so many tools to counter my skills. They're just a strong all around class, whether it be in groups healing and attacking from range, or in 1v1, they can do it all. And that Jesus beam....
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on March 10, 2022 7:49PM
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar. Only because it gets exhausting to run into them and they only ever seem to use jabs and no other skill, lol
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    All classes have something to offer to make them feared...

NB have the ability to gank and almost instantly kill anyone.

DK has it DoT, strong heals, and CC effects.

Templar is a melee power house with strong heals that if you start to run away they can hit you with their finisher.

Warden - insane burst damage at range and with their Pet another annoying thing to deal with that gets in the way of targeting the player.

Sorc - IMO best ultimate to stop any mag character, great gap closer or fleeing ability, and Pets ugh...

Necro: Great damaging/debuffing ultimate, one of the best classes to create a bash build with, can last a while in a fight and once again those pets.

• Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    hizium wrote: »
    Magplar here. The only class that I fear is the Sorcerer for 2 reasons: pets and negate magic.
    If the pet get in the way or if I target it by mistake, the sorc will have time to heal and attack me back. A sorc who knows how to control the pets can make them always be in front of the attacker.
    The second reason is the negate magic. My build is heavily dependant on shield and regen from channeled focus. If I can't cast it, I have too little resource manegement and survivability.

All the other classes are neutral to me, being dependant on the player's skills and not the class itself. However, the sorc class by itself means problem to me.

• baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I would generally say in most cases I can kill every class. But, magplars, nah.

Even mediocre magplars can hold their own against me for quite awhile and I need to line up a perfect burst to get them. If I went up against someone of equal skill or better than me its just going to be a stalemate. They will keep eating my damage and healing until one of us makes a mistake that costs us the fight.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    I'm magplar. Strong DKs scare me. They can be very tanky and not really hitting that hard, but then they either line up an insane burst combo with leap or pop corrosive and it can take you from feeling in control of the fight to being dead so fast.
  • Rhavein
    Rhavein
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    DKs, especially magDKs are beasts now.
    Gaehr
    Necro, Ninja, Goalkeeper
    Firehearts
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    I'm a Magplar.

The only other class I have trouble with are other Magplars.

I have to watch myself around a good Msgsorc that spams shields and pets.

StamDK Corrosive is really annoying.

Everyone and everything else melts on my burst. Lol
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends.

I'd say the game is globally well balanced, it's more about builds vs builds.
    Not everyone is duellist.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Ive actually played all classes in pvp but mostly my templar(even when they were...baaaad) but aside from constantly worrying about purge and how many peeps are around me, dk give me pain. They can be so tanky and then boom corrosive and big dmg combo. Build for ultimate and they're almost immortal.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Also play necro but nb is my main now.

Templar jabs. Still gives me nightmares.

Dks are a close second. Unkillable and most I've fought just try to line up burst with leap. And if that don't work, run away and los until it's up again. If theres more than 1, good luck with that.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Magsorc...Not a 1v1er by any means, so any stam build that can burn my shield down rather quickly. More so necros tho...dang necros can be so tanky.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar for sure, jab jab jab jab jab.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall it's Dragonknights, but specifically when I play with my NB, I don't like templars and stamsorcs as well.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar

Jabs are so over rated.. Just dodge roll or better yet block and use tri pots. After the templar runs out of resources they run away and are usually easy kills especially if you got CC effects that slow them down or better yet stun/root them in place.

All classes are limited in their overall build variety. The difference is usually gear and CP setup. I mean a stamina dps templar regardless of gear are setup usually with similar abilities, same with magika templars.

• dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭

Jabs are so over rated.. Just dodge roll or better yet block and use tri pots. After the templar runs out of resources they run away and are usually easy kills especially if you got CC effects that slow them down or better yet stun/root them in place.

All classes are limited in their overall build variety. The difference is usually gear and CP setup. I mean a stamina dps templar regardless of gear are setup usually with similar abilities, same with magika templars.

Jabs also are really, really bad in lag. The animation gets all jacked, sometimes you end up running around with one long spear lol. Idk if you can even animation cancel it.

It's a great skill when it lands, but out in Cyro lag not so much.

That javelin though. Not the damage so much, but the fact that it knocks you into a parallel dimension is...apparently a bonus of using the skill.
  • spongebobmovieticket
    Nightblade
    As a night blade, other nightblades. I know im dead in a 1vx. But the taste of my own medicine…
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Stamsorc and I fear MagDk and StamDK most, I am superior in movement but if they ever DoT me up I am dead. There is zero counter in sorcs class kit to Dot.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • LunaticOne_
    LunaticOne_
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    An atleast decent templar is immortal vs me, nothing counters my DK as hard as these. Immense healing power, good damage combo, cheap ult, they have it all, they even counter my corrosive ult in some way because of their split up damage instances
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer
    Magcro can still burst for 30k+ damage in 1 second.
    PC NA
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a "main" because I play every class(both mag and stam) so I understand how to counter every class I play but I guess the most annoying class to fight is Templars/warden because of Templar/Warden healbot specs, not even the DPS specs.
    They make my targets impossible to kill because they heal away your damage you deal, making it hard to try bursting someone down whenever a healbot is around.

In terms of DPS? None, when you play every class you pretty much know what to expect and how to counter their combos
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Dragonknight just because they can be built tanky so effortlessly. I don't know if fear is the right word but they're definitely the most annoying to deal with for me.
  • Supershutze
    Supershutze
    ✭✭
    Templar
    xFocused wrote: »
    Templar. Only because it gets exhausting to run into them and they only ever seem to use jabs and no other skill, lol

Well, why on earth would they use any other skill?

Jabs does as much damage as a channeled, is instant cast, is an aoe, requires no targeting, costs the same as a spammable, can't be dodged, can't be blocked(you can try, but say goodbye to your resources), buffs the user, and has a franky ludicruous range for something that's supposed to be a melee ability.

It's very overpowered.
  • davelbier
    davelbier
    xFocused wrote: »

Well, why on earth would they use any other skill?

Jabs does as much damage as a channeled, is instant cast, is an aoe, requires no targeting, costs the same as a spammable, can't be dodged, can't be blocked(you can try, but say goodbye to your resources), buffs the user, and has a franky ludicruous range for something that's supposed to be a melee ability.

It's very overpowered.

got this is such....man. i templar pvp and use both my bars to the max. im not easy to take down, and i build to sustain and outlast someone.

templars dont bother me, a lot of people really do seem to think jabs is all they have and they arent the worst to fight. if a templar pops bubble of trouble and then jabs they may not be worth messing with.

DKs are my problem -- i play a lot on my stamplar, magsorc, beefy stamblade, and a magdk. they can so easily build up health and tankiness and still lay you out with DoTs and a double-cc. im not even that worried about leap tbh -- the double cc and corrosive armor are murder. so....i play mine that way.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    On my sorc, and probably other classes as well, it is templar for sure, with DK being nearly a tie.

Both classes can basically stalemate any sorc build I put together, with healing and/or purge. And both can deal a ton of damage up close. Usually just walk away from fights with either class at this point, unless they are just really bad.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragonknight
    My open world sdk does not like fighting duel spec mdks.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Could be worse I guess. 2 years ago the overwhelming response would have been "class doesn't matter, cheesier proccset wins/scares me". :D