The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Account wild achievements - the optimal solution

Rarod
Rarod
Soul Shriven
Hi everyone!

May be I am a little bit late with the post about the coming changes and how to implement them, and may be it has been suggested already in other topics/posts, but I just got access to the forum and I am trying to provide some thoughts about the topic before the actual release.

First of all, I do like the idea and I am all for it, personally sent many tickets with such requests. On the other hand the current implementation on the pts is not good enough yet, it has many gaps and it makes some players really unhappy. Many things about it look like workarournds rather than actual features.

Here is what I suggest:

Achievements menu to have 2 submenus/dropdowns: local and global. For example, like this:
2mq14juxy8f3.png

Local menu contains the same date as it is on live now, a character can work towards certain achievements and get some rewards for the character or for the whole account. Local achievement shows that it is done by this particular character.
cllqy7u95603.png

Global menu contains absolutly the same achievements but instead of a character name it shows the number of characters it is completed on. Achievment points progress is calculated based on global achievments. If the number >= 1, then the points are granted.
u7b60c4cyiis.png

Benefits:
1) Easy to implemend, to deploy and to track, no need to create workaround with some achievements. A character gets skillpoints or other bonus for local achievements, but the it is the accounts that gets achievements points now (and some other rewards like pets etc);
2) A character can still progress and get achievements even if you already have them on other characters (the feeling of progress is always good + a player can track local progress for some important things like skyshards or skillpoints related ones);
3) Different characters can work towards the same global achievement points bank, a player can easy switch between them and not to worry about the losing any progress.
4) Hardcore players can works towards something like "Godslayer 17" or "Emperor 17" and can show off with these )))

ZOS Team, @ZOS_GinaBruno, pls take a look and consider such approch, I think it will make all sides happy.

Thanks.

P.S. English is not my native language.
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on March 10, 2022 1:42PM
  • TPishek
    TPishek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately that would not work. They want to reduce how much information they need to track, so doing this would be counterproductive.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, it's been suggested, proposed. But ZoS is adamant to reduce a static database that might shave a second or two off of your initial load screen (when your character data is logged in), rather than utilize resources that are likely available through their association with Microsoft to optimize the database, instead opting for the sledgehammer approach and "hoping" it works
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Rarod
    Rarod
    Soul Shriven
    It is sad... and it is kinda strange that performance would be an issue, it will be just one variable per achievement

• ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We ask that all feedback on the Account Wide Achievements please be directed to the existing thread, found here.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.