The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reprioritize Synergy Options

Tendoshii
Tendoshii
✭✭✭
Purify synergies should be last to prevent people from maliciously or unintentionally proccing Plaguebreak.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they shouldn't, the whole point of plaguebreak is it procs from being cleansed. If people are stupid enough to grab a synergy and cleanse then thats on them
  • Darian_Rath
    Darian_Rath
    ✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    No they shouldn't, the whole point of plaguebreak is it procs from being cleansed. If people are stupid enough to grab a synergy and cleanse then thats on them

The effect is intended to be a punishment on cleansing, not on just synergizing. With the current priority of synergies and purify overriding all others in it's aoe it is blocking ALL synergies from being used. This leads to plaguebreak having unintended, or inconspicuous at best, utility and making one of Templar's most iconic abilities shut down entire areas of the battlefield.

In niche situations its even worse as this has allowed a new form of griefing in cyro where traitors will just run in groups dropping ritual on keep doors and high traffic areas, shutting down synergy capabilities completely.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but I don't see the issue. Its still on people whether or not to use the synergy. It's the exact same situation as Hel Ra hard mode and I wouldn't want to see that change either.

As for the griefing aspect, so what? It's not something I'd do but then I'm not stupid enough to grab a synergy when I'm infected with plague, and while you may get the odd player that finds it funny to do so i can't imagine the griefing is that common.

No, leave it alone, it doesn't need changing.