The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Necro Dark Convergence owns pvp

DrSlaughtr
DrSlaughtr
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm kinda tired of complaining about it but here we are. All I heard at the beginning was that this set was supposed to be the counter to zergs and ball groups people wished for. However the moment it hit PTS, everyone knew that it was zergs, ball groups and emperors that would employ this one set to run the table using the only class that can self synergize a damage aoe.

Yet we're now several updates later and the only thing that's been changed to it has actually made it even stronger. Every player vs player battle is almost entirely decided by who has the most magcros running DC. And honestly, I rarely hear anyone defending it, even those who run it. They run it because they can and because it works.

You traded out NB bombers that couldn't run the table, just disrupt combat, for Necro DC bombers that can roll over everyone.

I don't think the set was ever meant to decide the fate of every battle or at least that's not we were told.

I understand that this set was added as part of paid content and maybe that's one reason why they haven't properly adjusted. I struggle to see why it still remains the go to set for trolling and zerging.

It doesn't need to be destroyed. It just needs some adjustments. Why does it pull, stun AND snare? This is the kinda OP normally reserved for a 250 level ultimate.

Or the damage. Even the slightest decrease to the scaling would help. Force people to not just rely on a graveyard pop and the DC damage. Require actual effort to kill with it.

It just seems like we're constantly feeding one class (necros) sets and skills that let's them competely reshape pvp. It's been a few years since Elsweyr. The money has been made. We need to have better balance.
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on March 5, 2022 5:34AM
I drink and I stream things.
Twitch: DrSlaughtr
YouTube: DrSlaughtr
Facebook: DrSlaughtr
Twitter: DrSlaughtr
TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why it is still not fixed from pulling people off the walls?
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings!

We are closing this thread as there is another thread about this same set, which can be found here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.