Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question - AWA influence on master writ drop chance

Baumlaus
Baumlaus
✭✭✭
Sorry if this has been asked before, not really keeping up with every post here.

As far as I know a part of the master writ dropchance is bound to completed motif books.
With the AWA achievements the achievements for those motif books are all unlocked on each character but not the lorebooks so my question is simply if
a) the achievement counted towards the master writ dropchance
b) the lorebook progression counted towards the master writ dropchance
Would be nice to get some clarification for myself, or others if this had not been discussed yet.
@ZOS_GinaBruno

greetings
Baumlaus
Unchained Animals - EU - @Baumlaus
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    The patch notes for v7.3.0 say that motif tracking and lorebook collecting is still per-character:
    Note that, while Achievements may be account-wide, some things that are commonly tracked via Achievements are still tracked on an individual character basis. That includes:

Enchanting Rune knowledge Achievements (and the knowledge of Runes in general)
    Motif Crafting knowledge
    Lorebooks read, including in Eidetic Memory and Shalidor’s Library
    Skyshards obtained by a character
    Public Dungeon Group Event achievements
    Dragonguard Sanctum daily achievements
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    rauyran wrote: »
    The patch notes for v7.3.0 say that motif tracking and lorebook collecting is still per-character:
    Note that, while Achievements may be account-wide, some things that are commonly tracked via Achievements are still tracked on an individual character basis. That includes:

Enchanting Rune knowledge Achievements (and the knowledge of Runes in general)
    Motif Crafting knowledge
    Lorebooks read, including in Eidetic Memory and Shalidor’s Library
    Skyshards obtained by a character
    Public Dungeon Group Event achievements
    Dragonguard Sanctum daily achievements

Yeah I am aware of that, as I stated in my original post.
    What I am talking about though is that the achievements for having a motif collected are still unlocked on each character and my question simply is what actually counts into the master writ dropchance. Wether it is the achievement completed or the actual lore library being complete, because that either means, if you care about master writ dropchance, you can sell of double motifs or still learn them on alt chars
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    As the patch notes say the completion status is tracked per character. That internal status is used to calculate drop chances for writs.

The achievement is awarded separately once the internal tracking has been updated and is gives the player a way to view what has been completed.
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    Alright thanks for the clarification;)