Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Removing house previews on map?

Triplesixtyson
Triplesixtyson
✭✭✭
Hey guys,
So I was running through Skyrim doing whatever quests to get the quest achievment. Anyway, I did some small quest thing that was to do with housing, and now i have anoying house previews all over my map.

From my understanding on console you cannot toggle the house icons on/off. I tried everything. I really dont have any interest in housing atm, if theres somthing i can do to not have those housing preview icons on my map please let me know. Thanks.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know there's no way to remove or hide them.

On PC there's addons which can do it, but there's nothing in the game itself.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Triplesixtyson
    Triplesixtyson
    ✭✭✭
    Was hoping I could do somthing to rewind completing that house quest or somthin... i dont wana preview houses lol So silly!!!!
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one said you had to enter them.
  • Triplesixtyson
    Triplesixtyson
    ✭✭✭
    Just clutters up my map is all.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't much like the dlc dungeons it's a form of advertising for them.

The map shouldn't be used for advertising, its egregious. You already bombard with far too any I game adds in other ways.

There should be simple toggles to take off what you don't want- it's already a feature but only works in Cyrodiil.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    You can't much like the dlc dungeons it's a form of advertising for them.

The map shouldn't be used for advertising, its egregious. You already bombard with far too any I game adds in other ways.

There should be simple toggles to take off what you don't want- it's already a feature but only works in Cyrodiil.

I agree, the only reason you can't take them off the map is because they want you to go look at them, then buy it from the crown store. Which is stupid, because most of them tell you not currently for sale even. What exactly is the point of advertising something your customers can't even buy? Meanwhile, they are *HUGE* on the map and block things you are interested in.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't find them huge. In fact.... I don't even really see them. I guess I'm really good at visual filtering?
    Edited by Sylvermynx on February 28, 2022 2:59AM
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try and look on the bright side, they can be really handy when you need to reset an area, such as a crafting survey that's in an annoying spot.

Preview a house, leave, and everything resets.

Good for looting too.
    Edited by Indigogo on February 28, 2022 3:24AM
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can remove unowned house icons with No, thank you! addon: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2485-Nothankyou-Blackwood.html

edit - just realised you're on console, rip then :/
    Edited by perfiction on February 28, 2022 11:06AM
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I don't find them huge. In fact.... I don't even really see them. I guess I'm really good at visual filtering?

It could be the OP has a PS5 (or possibly the new xbox). The Zooming in on these consoles is bugged and no where near as good as it was on the PS4, so yes houses and other things can actually seem big on the map due to that. They really need to update the Zoom in for the new consoles (or it could be a 4K issue I guess, not really sure).
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

It could be the OP has a PS5 (or possibly the new xbox). The Zooming in on these consoles is bugged and no where near as good as it was on the PS4, so yes houses and other things can actually seem big on the map due to that. They really need to update the Zoom in for the new consoles (or it could be a 4K issue I guess, not really sure).

Or a combination of both maybe. I had to do some tweaking on the UI after I bought 4k screens last summer - I don't like games full screen, so getting the UI to "behave" at the windowed size I like was a matter of working on it for a couple of days.

I didn't realize they never bothered to fix the console UI situation. Ugh.