The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So, can the double slotting requirement for summoned combat pets ever be change?

• BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jusey1 wrote: »
    Bleakz wrote: »
    What they should do is give some other tools in their class kit enough oomph so that no pet builds aren’t a straight loss or can even outperform pet builds, not change how the pets work (outside of the horrendous pet AI, and how they physically block other players from interacting with things)

Except no pet builds is better by default simply because you have more abilities. The Sorcerer pets needs work. I see no reason to waste bar space for pets right now, none. Especially more so once Update 33 comes out.

I agree that sorc pets need work, but they could easily achieve that through sets and how damage scales. I loved my pet sorc MUCH more when damage scaled off of max magika only. I was running around with 65k magika with Crafty Alfiki and Necropotence - two sets that have gone by the wayside since they changed damage scaling. The Ritualist set from the Cauldron has some potential, but the flat damage increase for pets isn't good enough to justify using that set over other sets. The best setup I can find is Noble Duelist + Infalliable mage with a heavy attack build, but that build doesn't get you to top tier DPS. It is very versatile though and strong enough to get vet solo arena's done, which is basically what I use my petsorc for anyways.

I personally just wish they would change the damage scaling rules back to what they were before. That way, there was a clear distinction between a petsorc build and a non-pet build, which would build for higher spell damage/crit chance, etc.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like double warden bear.

And ill be honest, i struggle to find 4 skills to slott on sorc and warden empty spaces.
    What else would i use, crit rating, 20% dmg slottables to avoid pots?
    Edited by francesinhalover on March 13, 2022 11:07AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jusey1 wrote: »
    Bleakz wrote: »
    What they should do is give some other tools in their class kit enough oomph so that no pet builds aren’t a straight loss or can even outperform pet builds, not change how the pets work (outside of the horrendous pet AI, and how they physically block other players from interacting with things)

Except no pet builds is better by default simply because you have more abilities. The Sorcerer pets needs work. I see no reason to waste bar space for pets right now, none. Especially more so once Update 33 comes out.

I personally just wish they would change the damage scaling rules back to what they were before. That way, there was a clear distinction between a petsorc build and a non-pet build, which would build for higher spell damage/crit chance, etc.

And what, stam sorc goes back to having almost no skills to use, same for templar and warden.

Edited by francesinhalover on March 13, 2022 11:12AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magsorc has tried multiple combos of 2 pet builds. And each results in a dps loss from no pets. Now, no pet magsorc dps is not fantastic but it is better than I can reach with pets. End result is that I enjoy playing my petless magsorc but she produces less damage than my other (non-sorc) mages.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magsorc has tried multiple combos of 2 pet builds. And each results in a dps loss from no pets. Now, no pet magsorc dps is not fantastic but it is better than I can reach with pets. End result is that I enjoy playing my petless magsorc but she produces less damage than my other (non-sorc) mages.

Exactly my experience. Pets do terrible damage passively and any other dot can take their place. By doing that you also free up even more slots. I tend to do pvp as well, and double pet just doesn't work tbh.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.