The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to ignore a forum thread?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I read a few replies on a thread that has recently received a large number of replies, and now I get reply notification emails for every reply. How can I make this stop? Please don't suggest I turn off all thread notifications, because this isn't a valid solution. I just want to ignore this specific thread, but the forum web pages appear to provide no method to achieve this. I'm even considering creating an email filter to discard all these thread reply emails, because I'm getting far too many of them.
Edited by vsrs_au on February 24, 2022 12:35AM
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've starred the thread, it should be as simple as finding the star and clicking it again to turn off notifications.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you've starred the thread, it should be as simple as finding the star and clicking it again to turn off notifications.
    I never starred it, only read a few replies from it.
  • Yoma73
    Yoma73
    ✭✭
    Click this and see if you have that thread bookmarked.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussions/bookmarked

If yes, simply click the bookmark "star" in the list entry to remove it.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yoma73 wrote: »
    Click this and see if you have that thread bookmarked.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussions/bookmarked

If yes, simply click the bookmark "star" in the list entry to remove it.
    Thanks for the reply, but as I mentioned above, I never bookmarked it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way to ignore a specific thread if you have Email Notifications turned on for notifying you when someone comments on a discussion you participated in. Mind you, "participated in" means you commented on the discussion. I've never gotten notifications for a thread I merely read unless I accidentally bookmarked it.

If you are absolutely certain that you didn't create, comment in, or bookmark that thread, then I'd ask ZOS_Kevin for help. Vanilla Forums did an update that borked the ability to put pictures in certain forums recently, so it's possible something's gone wonky with notifications.

These are not going to be ideal solutions, but they are an option.

Make your email filter. That one's up to you

You could change your preferences to not get emailed, and instead make do with just the pop-up Forum notifications for a while. Switch back to your normal method once that thread dies down.

You could also remove email notifications from "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." And replace it with "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions." And just bookmark any discussion you care about getting emails from. Again, swap back to your normal method once the thread dies down.