The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daily crafting writs

• Bitter_Apple21
    Okay, 4 toons. Only one at master. Just over 1 year from start. 444 Oko.

Where does that sort me, if I bump up the other 3.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, 4 toons. Only one at master. Just over 1 year from start. 444 Oko.

Where does that sort me, if I bump up the other 3.

You'll use 2 Oko per 3-day cycle per character.

You will sometimes get back a glyph of health that may give you an Oko on deconstruction

You can also get them from the surveys that drop.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @tmbrinks

A different version of the question. I know that the harvests from surveys are based on the skill in the line and the skill of the toon, for things like wood, cloth, metal and jewelry

Less sure about enchanting and alchemy.

For sake of toon swapping, do I actually need the master alchemy toon to be the one that uses the surveys for alchemy? I am loosing anything (or missing out on something) if I have a different CP900 toon pick them up, that is not maxed in alchemy?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy does not matter at all. Any character can pick them up. (If you really want to "maximize", alchemy surveys can be reset before you interact with any of them, and since you can see the flowers, if you get one that is mostly something like wormwood, you can run out of render distance and back to hope for more corn flower/columbine)

For enchanting, I think the Potency runes you get will depend upon the skill level of the character (50/50, like the other types). Although, I'll admit I never paid much attention to anything other than Kuta from the enchanting nodes.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @tmbrinks

Thanks. It seemed as if there was no "level" of alchemy stuff, but I wanted to ask.

Much appreciated.

:)
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @tmbrinks

Okay, gonna make the changes before this coming event, but got a question on the "master writs" that my current master crafter gets from the daily writs. Might have mentioned earlier that for me, they are building up in inventory cause I do not have the motifs to complete them. In the guild I am in, they do not have a "seller" so I cannot unload them that way.

If I am focusing on just getting the gold mats thru the daily writs but want to avoid collecting more master crafting writs, do the master crafting writs occur from the "main" crafting skill line or one of the others?

In other words, if for these new toons, if I JUST bump up the Metal Extraction of blacksmithing so that farming gives me 100% of the top end mat and an improved chance on the gold mats on daily writs, will I ALSO be getting more master crafting writs or do those come from one of the other skill lines in blacksmithing?

Am I making any sense?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks

Okay, gonna make the changes before this coming event, but got a question on the "master writs" that my current master crafter gets from the daily writs. Might have mentioned earlier that for me, they are building up in inventory cause I do not have the motifs to complete them. In the guild I am in, they do not have a "seller" so I cannot unload them that way.

If I am focusing on just getting the gold mats thru the daily writs but want to avoid collecting more master crafting writs, do the master crafting writs occur from the "main" crafting skill line or one of the others?

In other words, if for these new toons, if I JUST bump up the Metal Extraction of blacksmithing so that farming gives me 100% of the top end mat and an improved chance on the gold mats on daily writs, will I ALSO be getting more master crafting writs or do those come from one of the other skill lines in blacksmithing?

Am I making any sense?

You only get master writs when you do your writs at maximum level. They do not drop at lower levels. But you also have the best chance of getting gold mats at maximum level.

Honestly, even if you can't sell them. I'd truthfully just trash them if you can't sell them. There are only a few that are actually worth good money from the guild traders (alchemy and enchanting because people power level with them, but you can do those), and then Gold quality Blacksmithing and Woodworking are worth some gold.

Purple BS/Cloth are worth doing, but are only going to sell for about 1k each (unless they're nirnhoned). So your choice on those.

Purple Woodworking and Gold Clothing are not even worth doing, so just destroy them. (You can literally buy the items (Voucher items that is) straight from the market for less than it'd cost to make them)

All jewelry are not worth doing, so destroy them as well.

That should probably alleviate much of the inventory if you still want the best chance of getting gold mats.
    Edited by tmbrinks on March 30, 2022 12:28AM
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @tmbrinks

Thanks again. Made me think that the only reason I know to be keeping them is the writs for the Special purchasing of using writs - like trunks or crafting machines. I then saw that while in a house, I can access those same things and use crowns.

Anyway, it dawned on me that for the consumables (alch, ench, prov), there is little or no downside that I can see on all toons hitting max. My instinct is that I get more purple provisioning ingredients from the writs than I do from the hireling, but regardless I do not see any issue there on provisioning or enchanting.

I might craft up the jewelry writs I have - yes they will use up the purple improvement mats - but that would put my writs up enough for a transmute or something big that I do not have to use crowns for. The rest of the clothing master writs I think I will dump. I just joined a new guild last night thru nSS and need to just see if I can sell stuff. If not, I will probably trash the clothing ones as they are taking up space and I do not think the writs I get from them are large.

Thanks.

:)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That’s funny, I sell the purple wood writs unless they are nirnhoned because they aren’t worth it for me. I have much more elegant lining than mastic.

I do occasionally do purple jewelry writs for a lot of vouchers. Nowadays I’d rather do a blue jewelry writ than purple equipment writs because of the greater number of vouchers there, and the fact that 5 vouchers for 4 purple improvement mats is not a good return.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s funny, I sell the purple wood writs unless they are nirnhoned because they aren’t worth it for me. I have much more elegant lining than mastic.

I do occasionally do purple jewelry writs for a lot of vouchers. Nowadays I’d rather do a blue jewelry writ than purple equipment writs because of the greater number of vouchers there, and the fact that 5 vouchers for 4 purple improvement mats is not a good return.

They were saying they are unable to sell because their guild doesn't have a trader. I thought I said that the purple woodworking weren't worth doing though...

Purple jewelry are okay to do IF you are buying stuff with vouchers for your own use (rather than buying from the market), but the 8% 'tax' you pay on sell doesn't make it worth for selling voucher items for profit.
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @tmbrinks @katanagirl1

Okay, I did dump the BS, WW, Cloth writs. I did keep any Gold writs in those and all the jewelry writs.

My thought was clearing out the writs that needed the MOTIFs that I do not have and did not see getting i.e. dark brotherhood, would end up saving me space and if my memory is correct the total number of writ vouchers I was gonna get is something like 150 or so (they were all 6 or 7 or 8 vouchers).

FIgure the gold ones are not taking much room and might be able to sell them depending on what I do with guilds, and for whatever reason, I have been keeping EVERY necklace or ring that I have ever picked up. So, if I ever rationalize those, I will probably generate enough blue or purple mats to do the half dozen jewelry masters, and those vouchers add up to something like 1000 or so.

Thanks folks.
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @tmbrinks @katanagirl1

Interesting note. Did not consider when I dumped the writs for which I did not have nor thought to get the MOTIFs, any other technique of getting them other than farming.

Suddenly in this Anniversary event, I am picking them up by the bucketload.

In fact, 3 that I dumped I now have the motif for.

Oh, well.

:s
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @tmbrinks @katanagirl1

Interesting note. Did not consider when I dumped the writs for which I did not have nor thought to get the MOTIFs, any other technique of getting them other than farming.

Suddenly in this Anniversary event, I am picking them up by the bucketload.

In fact, 3 that I dumped I now have the motif for.

Oh, well.

:s

Yeah, don’t worry about it. This event generates a lot of motifs and other good stuff. I sell master writs for about 1k each and I think that is a typical price. Everyone will be doing more crafting writs and generating even more master writs as well. Get what you can from the reward boxes and search the guild traders for deals as well during the event.

Have fun!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Bitter_Apple21
    @tmbrinks

Hello, a follow on from the original. Still leery about bumping up all toons to max level (in order to get max chance of gold mats) - worried about burn rate on top level material.

But it dawned on me, someone said that at low level the percentage chance on getting gold mats from daily crafting writs was something like 2-3%, and at max something like 30%.

Okay, but can I presume it is somewhat linear from the low end to the top end?

Meaning that any level above basic will improve my percentage chance of getting gold mats on crafting writs. I do not need to go to top to and risk burning the top level supply, but I can still greatly improve my chance of gold mats if I go to one or 2 levels below top.

Do I have this right?

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks

Hello, a follow on from the original. Still leery about bumping up all toons to max level (in order to get max chance of gold mats) - worried about burn rate on top level material.

But it dawned on me, someone said that at low level the percentage chance on getting gold mats from daily crafting writs was something like 2-3%, and at max something like 30%.

Okay, but can I presume it is somewhat linear from the low end to the top end?

Meaning that any level above basic will improve my percentage chance of getting gold mats on crafting writs. I do not need to go to top to and risk burning the top level supply, but I can still greatly improve my chance of gold mats if I go to one or 2 levels below top.

Do I have this right?

Yes, but not enough to make up for the loss in drops. You're better off just buying the top level materials with the extra value that you made by doing them at top level over doing them at any other level.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to say this has really been an interesting discussion with lots of great information. I had actually come to the crafting section just to ask some of these questions 😊
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to build on what has already been said, I would not recommend keeping most crafts at an intermediate level if sustainable supply of materials is the concern. Intermediate is fine for provisioning, and tolerable with some caution for enchanting and alchemy.
    For the other 4 I keep it at either the bottom level or the top, with skill points being a bottle neck for me, and I don't currently feel the need to completely maximize my potential earnings.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am flip flopping between keeping motifs past my "main" on a server and learning them on an alt and selling them. Hard to keep track (easily - with limited effort) to stage the pass down though.

Reselling the really valuable ones is probably a good idea, but I already waste enough time on crafting that it is not consuming me now.

I am starting to sell the Master Writs I get that I don't know on my main since it is usually expensive to buy the motifs, if I can even find those. (And no, even on the PC TTC is not as helpful as I hoped. I despise the current guild vendor system and this is a significant reason why. Finding things is hard, even on the PC and definitely on the PS4.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5