The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Special Staff for pvp

• Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I'd run stuff like reinforced or even nirn on light armor; I mean, light armor is pretty light. I don't think the extra protection is going to do much for you. Mages can do well in light - one of the few classes that can - but then you have to rely on mobility for defence. Personally, Id go well fitted. And roll dodge. Alot :)

For mundus, last time I checked, serpent atronach gave you a bit more bang for your buck than the others.
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    Not sure I'd run stuff like reinforced or even nirn on light armor; I mean, light armor is pretty light. I don't think the extra protection is going to do much for you. Mages can do well in light - one of the few classes that can - but then you have to rely on mobility for defence. Personally, Id go well fitted. And roll dodge. Alot :)

For mundus, last time I checked, serpent atronach gave you a bit more bang for your buck than the others.

Thanks !

Would Mage - mundus be a good option to increase magicka (thus increase bigger shields?)

How much penetration is to much penetration? I now have 12K but might want to go to 15K with the Lover mundus stone. Would that be wise
    Or would 15K just be to much?

Does penetration equal resistances ?
    So lets say i have 10K penetation , and someone have 10K resistances … does that then mean the resistances are fully mitigated ?
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    eMKa8 wrote: »
    @divnyi or @MEBengalsFan2001 or @Larcomar or @etchedpixels or @Janni or @Brrrofski ?

Any idea ?
    @ you all !
    Thanks for the info!

Ps : i am getting better at pvp so the advice is helping me

Ps : i am a magsorc and proud of it
    i run a FB spinner garment + crafty alfiq on both fb and bb + gaze of sithis + 1 item armor of trainee
    All of them tristat …
    2 precise / 2 infused / 3 impen
    All jeweslry spell damage
    Inferno staff precise , flame damage
    Back bar : inferno staff for now but will switch to either masters staff or restro
    Mundus stone : thief
    Any advice ? Or is the set up good ?

If i am taking restro what would then be the must take skills besides rapid regenaration? Is the ultimate good if you already have rapid regenaration?

Ps : i did ask 5 other questions before this message . Should any of you be able to help …

Have a lovely evening

Ps : feel free to add me ingame. I am @eMKa8 on pc EU

I would not go rapid regen as it may not hit you whereas the other morph will. The difference is rapid is higher healing amount over a shorter time but the other is smaller tick over a longer period which at times can be good.

You could use combat prayer right before you swap bars for the 5% bonus damage and the minor resolve it offers. Though the buff doesn't last that long.

I also recommend not using infused or impen on armor pieces. Go well fitted or reinforced. I go reinforced for most of my PVP gear as Impen has a very bad calculation where as going more armor from reinforced overall has a better return on a PVP build. The only exception to this rule is if you have 33K resistance without any buffs, than go impen. As for well fitted, it help reduce your stamina cost when you dodge roll. I would go with 2-3 pieces well fitted and the rest reinforced.

Your jewelry trait swap at least two to infused for more spell damage. Your mundus I would not use thief. I would use any of the recovery ones. The health recovery one is really nice as you also get a bonus to movement.

Swap the inferno staff for a shock staff and go shock enchant as shock damage can provide you a 5% bonus to your damage whereas fire is only a DOT and only really work well with DK and Nerco dot builds.

As for spinner setup, if you have any ability that can make someone get off balance easily I would run stuhn over spinner as it gives around 6.5K pen vs. 3.4K.

@MEBengalsFan2001

Q1

Could i go for an infernostaff still , but then use a shock enchant instead of the flame 🔥?

I am a sorcerer and do indeed have a 5%increase buff for shock damage.

How important / viable are the status effects of flame and shock enchants really in pvp?

Thanks for your answer ! I might indeed want to switch to shock enchant …. But prefer keeping inferno for 12% increase for single target hits !

Q2

Reinforced …. Is that also good if you dont have much armor ? (Because i have 6 items of light armor )?

Q3

Are divines and spell critical (for instance thief mundus stone) completely useless in pvp? I have some still because want to be able to gain 3300 health for every crit hit with critical surge active

For light armor if you want to increase your resistance I would go with nirnhoned as it provides a flat increase that is higher than what reinforce provides to light pieces. At CP 160 gear that is legendary the increase is 301 which is higher than the % increase that reinforced provides. This also applies to all medium pieces except the chest plate as that provides more resistance with reinforced.

If you go with 4 nirnhoned pieces you would get 1200 more resistance to physical and spell. Which isn't that bad but if you go with all well fitted it would allow you to dodge roll one more time when in combat. Not sure if you want to dodge another attack or take a bit less damage.

Divines traits are useful s in PVP especially with the recovery, damage or pen mundus from my experience. I've tried other mundus and divines just don't seem to cut it IMO.

I would change the enchant from fire to shock. 5% more damage helps a lot.

As for spell crit, in PVP you need to get your crit to about 60-70% and make sure you get as much crit damage as possible to max out your damage when you land a crit, which from my experience is less effective than simply running more pen and damage.

You mean that i should have about 60/70% crit ?
    That means i should go all in for spell crit , which mean i will lose a lot spell dmg , penetration and max magicka …

I now only have 30% crit chance. Is that not sufficient?
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!

Well explained larcomar!
    Did help me

Did not know about spell dmg is for healing (and not magicka)

I will go for mage then , as i use 2 shields nowadays ! Also it might give a bit more sustain solutions as i have 2 K extra
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

Well explained larcomar!
    Did help me

Did not know about spell dmg is for healing (and not magicka)

I will go for mage then , as i use 2 shields nowadays ! Also it might give a bit more sustain solutions as i have 2 K extra

You can run inner light for more magika or if you want more magika and increase to your armor you can run Bound Aegis.