The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Account wide achievement - please keep justice achievements character based

vgabor
vgabor
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear @ZOS, mixing up the justice achievement between characters really break character identity and role playing.

An example I've got a thieving backstabbing assassinating character with all the thief build and dark brotherhood maxed, and with all the relevant achievements. Now with the new system all those 'evil aligned' achievement will appear on my 'good aligned' templar character? I don't want that, I really don't! These are just like the museum achievements should kept separate.
Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on February 22, 2022 6:18PM
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not enjoy having to grind those again. I'm of the mind that role play should not be above gameplay in video games, I honestly don't see how having a page saying the player did something in the account should affect how you see an individual character. The player is the one setting the parameters, not having an achievement serves only as an indicator for the individual, the same as simply not doing it. Or do you feel you won't be able to keep your character lawful if these achievements go AwA?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zezin wrote: »
    I would not enjoy having to grind those again. I'm of the mind that role play should not be above gameplay in video games, I honestly don't see how having a page saying the player did something in the account should affect how you see an individual character. The player is the one setting the parameters, not having an achievement serves only as an indicator for the individual, the same as simply not doing it. Or do you feel you won't be able to keep your character lawful if these achievements go AwA?

What do you want from these that achievements that you would grind again? If it's the titles, then I can see that. If you want the benefits of the skill lines...then nothing in AwA will advance this for you on other characters. Furthermore, since some of the achievements on live advance guild line progression, the grind becomes worse on a second character.
    I'm not the OP but I think part of the dissatisfaction is that with PTS AwA, there is no way other than personal memory to see a difference between a character with a full history in DB and thieving and one who has done none of it. Account/character specific views as you have suggested elsewhere would definitely meet the needs for some people.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

What do you want from these that achievements that you would grind again? If it's the titles, then I can see that. If you want the benefits of the skill lines...then nothing in AwA will advance this for you on other characters. Furthermore, since some of the achievements on live advance guild line progression, the grind becomes worse on a second character.
    I'm not the OP but I think part of the dissatisfaction is that with PTS AwA, there is no way other than personal memory to see a difference between a character with a full history in DB and thieving and one who has done none of it. Account/character specific views as you have suggested elsewhere would definitely meet the needs for some people.

At this point I'd be very surprised if they pulled a character view for this patch, I don't think there's enough time, as for what I get from the achievement is... Nothing but personal satisfaction, I'm a completionist, I would like to have all achievements in the game if possible I will eventually work on getting all justice achievements and being able to do so in multiple characters will make it much more enjoyable while a the same time allow me to play multiple characters in any way that I want, as I said before, for me gameplay > RP.
    Edited by Zezin on February 22, 2022 4:20PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you don’t have to grind them again — you can purchase the fully leveled skill lines once you’ve completed them on one character (if you want to argue they should cost or be somehow available in game not for Crowns, I won’t argue with you). AwA does nothing for this. You still have to grind or pay if you want those skill lines. If ZOS separately tracked character progress like any respectable game with AwA (SWTOR and GW2 two I’ve played), then sure, the achievement could be accountwide and would neither harm nor help anyone. I point out that it still wouldn’t help your gameplay as again, you’ll have to grind through to unlock, and as recently demonstrated by someone who took the trouble to test on PTS, now you will have fewer options to level things such as thieves guild skillline.

TL;DR I don’t disagree with your point of the importance of QoL gameplay improvements but AwA does not offer any of this.

The grinds will all sill be there and some look like they will be worse now (Undaunted and Thieves Guild) but hey, you can pay real money to avoid these… I don’t think any players benefit from this change.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you don’t have to grind them again — you can purchase the fully leveled skill lines once you’ve completed them on one character (if you want to argue they should cost or be somehow available in game not for Crowns, I won’t argue with you). AwA does nothing for this. You still have to grind or pay if you want those skill lines. If ZOS separately tracked character progress like any respectable game with AwA (SWTOR and GW2 two I’ve played), then sure, the achievement could be accountwide and would neither harm nor help anyone. I point out that it still wouldn’t help your gameplay as again, you’ll have to grind through to unlock, and as recently demonstrated by someone who took the trouble to test on PTS, now you will have fewer options to level things such as thieves guild skillline.

TL;DR I don’t disagree with your point of the importance of QoL gameplay improvements but AwA does not offer any of this.

The grinds will all sill be there and some look like they will be worse now (Undaunted and Thieves Guild) but hey, you can pay real money to avoid these… I don’t think any players benefit from this change.

I don't care about grinding the skill lines, those are relatively fast compared to the achievements. Saying that you will have fewer options for grinding the skill lines is also disingenuous considering the vast majority of the experience you get for those comes from doing daily quests.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to be able to create a new character and do all the achievements over again on the new character because that is the fun of leveling a new character. If a new character comes with all achievements then it is going to be very boring just farming skyreach to level a new character to rush towards broken end game. lmao
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't care about grinding the skill lines, those are relatively fast compared to the achievements. Saying that you will have fewer options for grinding the skill lines is also disingenuous considering the vast majority of the experience you get for those comes from doing daily quests.

It is still fewer options for skill line XP, maybe a minor one in the case of Thieves Guild. For Undaunted the vet dungeon achievements were not insignificant.

But I am genuinely confused now. How does AwA improve gameplay?
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is still fewer options for skill line XP, maybe a minor one in the case of Thieves Guild. For Undaunted the vet dungeon achievements were not insignificant.

I use achievements as a gauge for how much of the game I've completed, AwA frees me to play on different characters to achieve a common goal, while currently I'm limited to focusing on a single one. The current implementation chains me to playing my main, something I don't enjoy, I'd much rather be able to enjoy the game in whatever character/class I want.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I use achievements as a gauge for how much of the game I've completed, AwA frees me to play on different characters to achieve a common goal, while currently I'm limited to focusing on a single one. The current implementation chains me to playing my main, something I don't enjoy, I'd much rather be able to enjoy the game in whatever character/class I want.

I think a lot of people can understand that even if that’s not the way they play. It doesn’t have to be an either/or approach as is currently implemented on PTS though. That’s the biggest issue. It’s perfectly doable and reasonable to ask that the systems work together and we have both.

PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s cool, but that’s not gameplay as versus roleplay or anything like that. That’s what you use achievements for, which is no more or less valid than those of us who use to track what we’ve done on a character, enjoying earning achievements again or earning some on specific characters while meticulously avoiding on others. There really should be ways to track both in game and/or give an option to unlock a completed achievement on another character for those who want it.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s cool, but that’s not gameplay as versus roleplay or anything like that. That’s what you use achievements for, which is no more or less valid than those of us who use to track what we’ve done on a character, enjoying earning achievements again or earning some on specific characters while meticulously avoiding on others. There really should be ways to track both in game and/or give an option to unlock a completed achievement on another character for those who want it.

Yeah, I think everyone pretty much agrees in that, it's not looking like we will get both however.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    Hey folks.

We have closed this thread as there is already an official thread for sharing your feedback on Account Wide Achievements: PTS Update 33 - Feedback Thread for Account Wide Achievements

We invite you to share your thoughts and ideas in that thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.