The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Saving achievement data

Varana
Varana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Heya,
is there an existing addon, or can one be created, that reads achievement data (character name, achievement name, achievement date), and writes that into some document?
Esp. retroactively, i.e. not while you're getting the achievement but what you already have.

Pretty please? :disappointed:
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.eso-database.com
    It keeps track of achievements and a whole lot more. You don't need to run the application. Use the addon then upload the appropriate file to the site. Not sure what the site will do long term, but the data will be in the file.
    addon: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info916-ESO-Database.comExportAddOn.html

• Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amazing, thank you very much!
  • Diora
    Diora
    ✭✭✭
    After update 33, they won't be able to pull a lot of this from the game anymore. I wonder if, at that point, the developers of this mod be willing to transition to an app where users can manually enter their character data as they get it.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can maybe ask customer support for it.

If in eu/uk try a gdpr request (arguably 'pseudonymous' data) - might make for fun times at zos customer services/legal.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Diora wrote: »
    After update 33, they won't be able to pull a lot of this from the game anymore. I wonder if, at that point, the developers of this mod be willing to transition to an app where users can manually enter their character data as they get it.

Yeah, I know. :(

But they will also delete most of the data, and I was trying to export and store that.
    So it's not so much about continuing going forward but about saving what's there before ZOS nukes it.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afaik they will not delete it, as they still need to hold the data for players that login "some day" again.
    It will just not be updated the same way like before anymore (only account wide, and the user who did it the first time will be named as "the one having unlocked it for all".
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Afaik they will not delete it, as they still need to hold the data for players that login "some day" again.
    It will just not be updated the same way like before anymore (only account wide, and the user who did it the first time will be named as "the one having unlocked it for all".

They will not have that information in the game any more. It may still exist in one of their backup databases, but that is all.
    It is not accessible in the game UI or via addons - it isn't included in the live data any more. That was the whole point of AWA.
    Sure, it's still there for characters that aren't played. But as soon as I log onto a character, their achievements will be transmogrified into my account info, and their individual data will be removed.
    I will not be able to view individual achievements on my characters any more, and they made quite clear that there are no plans to have them displayable ever again.
    For all intents and purposes, the data is lost forever.

Their "replacement" is an utterly frustrating, addlebrained, inadequate mess and doesn't help me in any meaningful way.

• Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that's very frustrating. I understand why many players are very dissatisfied with this 50% solution.
    I also understand that ZOs does this to speed up the server, but they could at least keep that info for all that have already invested weeks of work :(

Most players most probabyl won't collect and tarck each achievement for each of their toons. So this might be a nice change for a lot players. But as always they do not seem to respect the other players and somehow just force this to happen.
    Maybe it's really due to technical issues as I've read multiple times by now. But I doubt there wouldn't be any solution to that, like keeping old data and caching them on the client side so the server's access is reduced, and only update new data account wide.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cross post from the PTS forums.

There is a library that you can install that will back up achievement progress on live.
    code65536 wrote: »
    For people who are looking for a reliable way to back up and save for posterity your character-specific data before Monday:

LibAchievementsArchive

And another addon to integrate the library with the UI in Update 33.
    silvereyes wrote: »
    A million thanks to @code65536 for this library.

I whipped up a quick integration into the Quest Journal for that library into Update 33, so that any completed achievements in the archive are displayed as character-specific, even achievement links.

Character Achievements addon

It's backwards compatible with live, if you want to load it up now, but it won't do anything until Update 33 drops.

pvw11276.png
    Edited by silvereyes on March 11, 2022 2:49AM