The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Error 318 in pvp

bzz86
bzz86
✭✭✭✭
I am not fun of PVP - I am also so-so at it... But I have to say that Error 318 in PVP is something extremely annoying. And its not like I have an explanation for it. Sometimes I just go AFK for 5 minutes, I come back and I have 318 on my screen. I am really starting to understand PVP players complaints.
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on February 22, 2022 1:26PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @bzz86

The steps in this support article may be able to help with the Error 318 message that you are receiving.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings @bzz86

The steps in this support article may be able to help with the Error 318 message that you are receiving.

I am sorry mate but support has never done anything at all in any and all problems that I had in game. I tried with no addons on and I still get it. I get it when fighting and also get it when just sitting afk.... Only in PVP, nowhere else. I have created tickets in the past and I got from you guys is that nice template email you send to everybody.

I do appreciate you trying though.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @bzz86

If the troubleshooting posted above has not helped with the error, you can get further assistance by opening a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @bzz86

If the troubleshooting posted above has not helped with the error, you can get further assistance by opening a ticket with customer support.

Thanks mate - look your support did amazing job so far:

"Thank you for contacting ZeniMax Online Customer Support!

We are constantly improving our services, and we want to ensure that we are headed in the right direction. Your feedback is important to us.

Thank you for playing the Elder Scrolls Online!
    "

EDIT:

I am sorry - I did get another email that ended up in my junk folder. This is what I got:

"Greetings!

If you receive error 318, you may be disconnected because of excessive messaging or another issue that triggers that error. Along with refraining from sending too many messages (spamming), follow these steps to fix the error:

Disconnect any devices on your console except the official Xbox One or PlayStation 4 controller. The usage of non-standard controllers for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 can sometimes cause errors.
    Check your connection. Error 318 can be related to connectivity issues.
    - PS4
    - Xbox One
    Clear your console's save data. This can resolve some errors on console. It will not affect any characters or progress.
    Power Cycle your console:

Xbox One:
    1. Turn off your console.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable and wait for 10 seconds.
    3. Plug the power cable back in and turn the console back on by pressing the Xbox button.
    PlayStation 4:
    1. Turn off your console.
    2. Allow the system to fully power down and wait 15-20 seconds.
    3. Turn console back on.

If you continue to have issues, please respond back to this email so we may further assist.

Best Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    "

And this is what I replied:

"Mate - I have attached report that surely shows I am on PC and choose PC when submitting the ticket. I also wrote that I am trying with and without ADDONS - as I understand you can not use these on consoles. Despite that you are sending me a "copy-paste" solution for PlayStation and XBox."
    Edited by bzz86 on February 24, 2022 4:32PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @bzz86

There should be another support response coming soon that will review the report files you've sent in.
    Staff Post
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @bzz86

There should be another support response coming soon that will review the report files you've sent in.

I did indeed. Basically says remove addons and repair the game. Did not help still getting 318.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @bzz86

Do you have your support ticket number?

We can check on the current status of the ticket.
    Staff Post