The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Black Drake Clanwrap - yet another style with low drop rate?

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one observed that in the Daedric War event, the gold pages rarely dropped until last last few days when they arrived in abundance. Probably a RNG thing to get players to spend tickets on them early on…

That is, rarely dropped in the gold once a day box.

I do plan to buy several with tickets, but now that I've bought the fragments I needed to buy I'll only be able to buy 5 of the 7 pages that way. I was hoping to pick up the rest in-game or at guild traders, but the prices at guild traders are kind of high in my opinion. Now I see why (low drop rate).

Edit: I think the problem might be that there doesn't seem to be a once-per-day "glorious" reward coffer during this event, since all of the reward coffers are "gold" in quality.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on February 21, 2022 3:01PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    This one observed that in the Daedric War event, the gold pages rarely dropped until last last few days when they arrived in abundance. Probably a RNG thing to get players to spend tickets on them early on…

I do plan to buy several with tickets, but now that I've bought the fragments I needed to buy I'll only be able to buy 5 of the 7 pages that way. I was hoping to pick up the rest in-game or at guild traders, but the prices at guild traders are kind of high in my opinion. Now I see why (low drop rate).

Edit: I think the problem might be that there doesn't seem to be a once-per-day "glorious" reward coffer during this event, since all of the reward coffers are "gold" in quality.

This brings up another issue which is the cap on event tickets. It’d be better if it’s increased to 20.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to complete the Outfit Style a few days ago, after farming bosses with a small group in IC. Haven't had any luck with the head & body markings, so I will most likely have to buy them with tickets.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    I managed to complete the Outfit Style a few days ago, after farming bosses with a small group in IC. Haven't had any luck with the head & body markings, so I will most likely have to buy them with tickets.

On one server I got the head and body markings in a reward coffer in Cyrodiil. It's nice that you get a container containing both of them at once, rather than having to collect them separately. It's too bad you must buy them separately if you buy them with tickets.

Did you farm the bosses in the districts or in the sewers? I'm hoping the style pages drop from the crossed-sword bosses in the sewers, because that's where I'm hoping to farm them from.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »

On one server I got the head and body markings in a reward coffer in Cyrodiil. It's nice that you get a container containing both of them at once, rather than having to collect them separately. It's too bad you must buy them separately if you buy them with tickets.

Did you farm the bosses in the districts or in the sewers? I'm hoping the style pages drop from the crossed-sword bosses in the sewers, because that's where I'm hoping to farm them from.

In the sewers, both the regular & wandering bosses can drop them.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got like 4-5 from farming bosses in IC. Don’t give up!!!
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    3 hours of farming in IC and I got them all, same for my wife. We even sold a few for 500k on PC EU. Maybe buy a year sub and pre order high Isle and RNG will bless you too.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closing in on completing these. I can’t believe how many millions of ap it took to get the body markings to drop. This event is not casual friendly.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can’t believe how many millions of ap it took to get the body markings to drop
    So far I earn 2,5 million of AP and still nothing - drop rate is ridicolous.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 hours of farming in IC and I got them all, same for my wife. We even sold a few for 500k on PC EU. Maybe buy a year sub and pre order high Isle and RNG will bless you too.

Congratulations on the successful farming. I'm at about 5-6 hrs across the event and have only gotten 2 BD style pages and maybe 6 Legion Zero Vigiles (which I already had complete). Plenty of topside bosses killed, plenty of sewers flag bosses, but not a lot of drops.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope this is true. I've barely gotten anything this time around.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit I haven't done much boss farming in the sewers yet, but I'd hoped to find at least 3 or 4 pages by now. I finally found my first one, so hopefully that means my RNG luck is changing.
  • RisenEclipse
    RisenEclipse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once bought 200$ of crates and didn't get a single mount. So I'm not hopeful of my chances to get anything to drop... everything rng just hates me lol so I'll get it during the next event when they go into the 2 ticket item box containing previous events rewards.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of farming IC today, and town dailies in Cyrodiil. Not a sight of the markings and a single Black Drake style page and 3 Legion Zero ones....This droprate is horrible.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did another 30+ IC bosses with only one Black Drake page. I often enjoy the opportunity to farm a rare event item and sell it, but this is a bit much IMO. I'd like to just buy them with tickets, but I'm catching up on the skin fragments :~p
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After seeing what it looks like, low res necklace, huuuuge floaty tassets and the tail...thingy I'm suddenly not worried about not getting this.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I admit I haven't done much boss farming in the sewers yet, but I'd hoped to find at least 3 or 4 pages by now. I finally found my first one, so hopefully that means my RNG luck is changing.

Same here. Drop rates on everything is terrible.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh I didn't even realise the runeboxes were supposed to drop from the Boon Boxes.
    Have opened hundreds of Boon Boxes with no sign.
    Well that's great.

The IC drops are as bad as ever, and shared with old drop pools too. Lol. Best not to care I suppose.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hours of play, hundreds of boxes, not a single thing. Horrible.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my body/face paint from a Pelinal box.

Sure wish they pages dropped from the event boxes as well like in every other event so far. I actually enjoy Cyrodiil. No clue why ZOS is so determined to funnel people into the IC, but I ain't having it.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I noticed many of the cyrodiil battlegrounds were pretty low in population. I have no proof (of course), but I attribute this to the reward boxes basically having nothing worthwhile in them.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten 3 pieces of Black Drake so far. Randomly killing the bosses when they are attacked by my faction. Out of the tens of boxes I have gotten 1 piece of markings.

RNG loves you, I am at around 3 mil AP gained, which is a lot of boxes, havent seen any of the Markings. Havent killed that many IC bosses, but def killed a few, no Black Drake (not sure if they come in event boxes or not).

A few nights ago, the guy at the top of the EP leaderboard, roughly 10 mil AP at the time, said he hadnt seen either of the markings from the boxes. That is frankly disgusting.

Letter to ZOS, I will NEVER buy an event ticket with crowns. Stop it already.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 24, 2022 8:53PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Last night I noticed many of the cyrodiil battlegrounds were pretty low in population. I have no proof (of course), but I attribute this to the reward boxes basically having nothing worthwhile in them.

No boon boxes so far despite opening a lot of boxes. Not sure I care, it'll be in next years grab bag presumably.

Population usually drops over PvP events. A lot of people have now got enough quests left to hand in until the event end so won't be running any more, or have enough tickets. Also a lot of people are off in Lost Ark and will be off from tomorrow in Elden Ring.

I imagine a lot of people are also slightly pre-occupied with the real world at this point.
    Edited by etchedpixels on February 24, 2022 8:53PM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I don’t really care for the style, the chest and legs might come in useful some day when creating a new look so I got them with tickets after first getting all the current tickets for the skin and the tickets for the pet fragments. Even after filling my ticket allotment back up to 12 for the next event I can still get 5 more tickets before the event ends so I need to decide what to use those in, hmmmm…🤔
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm getting several with tickets, not bothering to farm an infinitesimally small chance.

Note to ZoS: Sure you get people to IC by limiting event style pages there, but if they don't drop YOU MAKE PEOPLE HATE IC EVEN MORE.
    Edited by Fennwitty on February 25, 2022 3:54AM
    PC NA
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten 3 pieces of Black Drake so far. Randomly killing the bosses when they are attacked by my faction. Out of the tens of boxes I have gotten 1 piece of markings.

RNG loves you, I am at around 3 mil AP gained, which is a lot of boxes, havent seen any of the Markings. Havent killed that many IC bosses, but def killed a few, no Black Drake (not sure if they come in event boxes or not).

A few nights ago, the guy at the top of the EP leaderboard, roughly 10 mil AP at the time, said he hadnt seen either of the markings from the boxes. That is frankly disgusting.

Just for clarity's sake, the body and face paint drop as a single container that holds both.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just for clarity's sake, the body and face paint drop as a single container that holds both.

sounds like a bug to me?

Wouldn't be the first time, when MYM boxes are bugged.. in fact in c/w-ould be the first time they are NOT bugged.
    So the first part sounds more likely to me >:)
    Edited by tim77 on February 25, 2022 8:49AM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »

sounds like a bug to me?

Wouldn't be the first time, when MYM boxes are bugged.. in fact in c/w-ould be the first time they are NOT bugged.
    So the first part sounds more likely to me >:)

No, it's a single container with its own unique name that holds the two runeboxes within it. It's plainly intentional.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll get some pages with surplus tickets from the event, because drop rate seems really low, and it's not worth the time to hunt down bosses in districts, while dealing with groups pvping. But there's still a few days left till the event ends, so hopefully more pages will pour in the market.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha, well, said container has a horrendous drop rate.

Good to know at least.