Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Morrowind will soon be given out for free with the 20th anniversary?

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    This is like getting broccoli with a side of brussels sprouts for your Birthday meal.

Depending on how those two things are prepared, that could be an awesome birthday meal!

I agree! I've often roasted both in the oven with seasonings from several parts of the world: India (cumin and curry), Italy (garlic pepper and rosemary), France (basil, thyme, marjoram), Mexico (cilantro, oregano, cumin) - and plain ol' US (sea salt, pepper, onion powder). I occasionally add carrots and yams too....
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The article mentioned that they wanted to make sure that everyone can take part of High isles Prologue, which seems to take part in Morrowind.

Not sure if it was planned with the 20th anniversary or not.
    But if it was, kudos.

I was wondering which came first as well.

My first thought was that they wanted the prologue quest to be in Vvardenfell for some reason and managed to argue that doing that is worth making Morrowind free for everyone. But I suspect it was the other way around: they decided to make Morrowind free and the writers were told to set the prologue quest there to give everyone an extra incentive to visit.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »
    I just want a remaster of TES 3.
    An very hard one to do. Oblivion is easy update graphic: Skyim style level scaling, some re balancing, fix some of the most glaring voice acting errors but keep the radiant dialogue system.

It would still feels and play like Oblivion but would look and play better.

TES 3 would need an re imagining and not feel like TES 3 at all, much more like Morrowind in ESO, or worse.
    You likely got something none would be happy with.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are hideous.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Castagere wrote: »
    I just want a remaster of TES 3.
    An very hard one to do. Oblivion is easy update graphic: Skyim style level scaling, some re balancing, fix some of the most glaring voice acting errors but keep the radiant dialogue system.

It would still feels and play like Oblivion but would look and play better.

TES 3 would need an re imagining and not feel like TES 3 at all, much more like Morrowind in ESO, or worse.
    You likely got something none would be happy with.

I love playing Elder Scrolls games in their unmodded, vanilla glory, even the oldest ones. I recently started playing Daggerfall for the first time, and am sticking with the original game (in DOSBox, of course) rather than Unity.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I love playing Elder Scrolls games in their unmodded, vanilla glory, even the oldest ones. I recently started playing Daggerfall for the first time, and am sticking with the original game (in DOSBox, of course) rather than Unity.

I'm the same. I always play them unmodded, at least the first few times. Then I might add a quest mod (or three), but only after I've done everything playing the vanilla game.

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    DagenHawk wrote: »
    I thought you were talking about the single player RPG then I remembered... ESO and Skyrim players will never play Morrowind

Why ever not? I might - I still have all the games available though I can't play Arena (WAY too tiny on my 4k screens) or Daggerfall (in first person only which doesn't agree with the vertigo I deal with on a daily basis). Admittedly, the graphics are not "modern" (well, they were when MW released) and the animations aren't particularly good....

Another problem might be that we played it with certain graphical enhancements 2 decades ago, which might no longer be available. So the experience might differ a lot from how we remember it. There is a port to the oblivion engine, but it is not quite finished yet.

Requirements and install instructions here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkb4WZCPi5M
    Edited by Lysette on April 7, 2022 12:03AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I could see them making the non-Warden version into a freebie

Nailed it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 7, 2022 1:41AM
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are hideous.

Only if you don't know how to cook, and don't like eating healthy food.
      PC/NA Warden Main