The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Major Brutality, Sorcery, Savagery and Prophecy

Kunrad
Kunrad
Soul Shriven
So Templars now have access to all 4 major buffs which makes the only class that does not have access to them to be the Necromancer.

And because for some reason mages guild's skill don't give both major sorcery and prophecy (I hope that's an oversight but still), the only way to the most disgustingly op class we can all agree - magnecro to get it is to stop being magnecro and grab stamina weapon.

Let me make a quick recap list of things that necromancer does not have:
Reliable stun
Reliable burst damage (blastbones do work most of the time but it's still hard to sync it. Also magicka version is still vastly worse that stamina)
Mobility skill
Major Prophecy/Savagery skill
Major Sorcery/Brutality skill
Execution skill
Class unique minor buff

But hey, at least bone goliath looks cool!
  • unholy_nox
    unholy_nox
    ✭✭✭
    Lacking of generic major and minor buffs doesnt make them weak , necro is still top DPS class and good tank.
  • unholy_nox
    unholy_nox
    ✭✭✭
    Also Necromancer have unique passive execution passive - Death Knell , which no other classes have.Necromancer are desired in any raid composition in comparison to DPS Templars.
    Edited by unholy_nox on January 31, 2022 7:37PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most players were getting those with potions anyway... This just means that Templars can forgo potions with some builds.
    I think in most cases I would still rather have Puncturing Sweeps than Biting Jabs (and drink potions) on my Templar.

Necromancers have other issues, but access to Major Sorcery/Brutality/Prophecy/Savagery is not really one of them, IMO.
    Playing since beta...
  • Einstein_
    Einstein_
    ✭✭✭
    also magCro is one of the best classes for dueling....

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What necro lacks in that small department, they gain in others. They have Major Vulnerability, Major Defile, Major Heroism, unique mitigations that stack with Named mitgation from Spirit Guardian and their Passive.

Plus..
    • Major Sorcery/Brutality can be obtained from Pots, Bow, 2H, DW and Mages Guild Degeneration.
    • Major Savagery/Prophecy can be obtained from Pots, Fighters Guild Camo Hunter and Mages Guild Mage Light.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Reliable stun - Yes, no on demand stun, but their CC does match their playstyle described below (zoning). They should update Grasp.
    • Reliable burst damage (blastbones do work most of the time but it's still hard to sync it. Also magicka version is still vastly worse that stamina) - Yes/No, every class has a delayed burst, BB can be tricky, but it's in a good place right now. Magicka version IS crap though and thats further highlighted with hybrid skill scaling now.
    • Mobility skill - Not every class needs one. Some have it better than others, this is a design choice. Sorc/NB are typically squishier, but much more nibble with teleports, shadowy disguise and speed. DK/Templar's are typically in your face playstyles with great sustain. Warden is a great one man army class with access to most buffs/debuffs. Necro is a zoning class, many of their skills are about area control and debuffing, they have incredible mitigation unmatched by any other class.
    • Major Prophecy/Savagery skill - See comment above.
    • Major Sorcery/Brutality skill - See comment above.
    • Execution skill - Half the classes don't have one, but do just fine. I don't think every class needs one, but that should be addressed from other skill lines. Unfortunately, Magicka weapons don't have a real execute skill available, but Stamina weapons do. That should be addressed instead.
    • Class unique minor buff - Necro doesn't need one because they already have one.. Major Vulnerability IS their class unique buff and it happens to be one of, if not the most powerful one in the game. However, over time, more sources of Major Vulnerability are being added, so maybe they should eventually be addressed. I don't find it particularly interesting that groups being formed aim for 1 of Sorc, NB, DK, Templar and Warden, then pretty much stack the remaining slots with 3-4 Necro's. It also forces Necro's to use the one ultimate instead of the other classes using a passive... sooooo work can be done, but it's not like you have no unique class buff to bring to the table like your implying.

Asking for your favourite class to have absolutely everything is kinda unfair. The class design is not meant to cover everything, ZOS wants you to use universal skill lines to cover the 25% of what a class may be missing. As long as options are there, that should work just fine. I see a problem with a Magicka Execute, but at least now, Magicka can use some of the available skills Stamina has been using. (Good luck sustaining Whirling Blades though).
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 31, 2022 7:48PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kunrad wrote: »
    So Templars now have access to all 4 major buffs which makes the only class that does not have access to them to be the Necromancer.

This isn't true. Other classes lack native access to all these buffs. And even they do have them, they usually aren't useful.

For example, NBs get brutality/sorcery from sap essence and drain power. Yet every NB runs rally because you want the buff active before you attack from sneak.

Templars are definitely getting too much love at the moment. They already can out heal most damage and now they can forego getting the damage buff from other sources. That means not having to run pots for the buff (or 2h). That means running tripots, giving EVEN MORE sustain.

Having said all that, it's hard to complain if you main a Necro. They have constantly been the #1 or #2 class in the game. In both PvE and pvp. Their one weakness is no giant burst heal. This isn't a big deal because of all the mitigation sources they have.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on January 31, 2022 9:50PM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Elnrik
    Elnrik
    Soul Shriven
    Their one weakness is no giant burst heal. This isn't a big deal because of all the mitigation sources they have.

Resistant Flesh isn't a good burst heal? I guess I've been using it to keep myself alive in the wrong way. *Scratches head*

• Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    [lots of things i totally agree with]... (Good luck sustaining Whirling Blades though).

I've been running whirling blades and vigor on my mag-warden for two patches now with little issue in sustain :) I'm sure other classes can figure out a way to make it work too.

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And because for some reason mages guild's skill don't give both major sorcery and prophecy (I hope that's an oversight but still), the only way to the most disgustingly op class we can all agree - magnecro to get it is to stop being magnecro and grab stamina weapon.

Let me make a quick recap list of things that necromancer does not have:
    Reliable stun
    Reliable burst damage (blastbones do work most of the time but it's still hard to sync it. Also magicka version is still vastly worse that stamina)
    Mobility skill
    Major Prophecy/Savagery skill
    Major Sorcery/Brutality skill
    Execution skill
    Class unique minor buff

But hey, at least bone goliath looks cool!

Major Prophecy/Savagery skill on sorc?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 of the strongest and easiest to obtain. It’s a nice convenience for new players and something for veteran players to scoff at. I’d take anything else.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sorry but dragon knights have all that and more this current patch with molten armaments and inferno. 1 push of a button and the entire group gets major sorcery + major brutality + minor brutality then they use flames of oblivion and they get major prophecy + major savagery + some healing.

Like I keep saying I would trade in those 2 buffs for anything else. It’s a giant nothing burger
    Edited by Drdeath20 on February 1, 2022 3:56AM