Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Matching race, class and lore on one character - need some help!

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tuxon wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    tuxon wrote: »
    Does Mephala and the Necromancer class (as a Breton Reachman) fit together thematically?

oh...I would say Namira fits Breton Reachman way better, Mephala not so much, even though Reachmen do worship a lot of Daedra Princes specifically for Necro I would say Namira is an amazing match. But why do you want to have a Daedric prince associated with it in the first place, not sure I got you @Seraphayel

It's just for RP flavor. Just how I build a character in my mind, as I said in the initial post. Now I would like to give every class a specific Daedric prince affiliation that fits.

Namira for Necromancer sounds nice, Mephala for Nightblade, maybe Hermaeus Mora for Sorcerer, Azura or Meridia for Templar etc. - I just want to match

Race - Class - Character background (heritage/origin) - Daedric affiliation

It might sound silly, but it adds a lot of depth to a character for me.

Templars use Aedric Magic...and they are basically Aedric priests/paladins :D
    So even Meridia won't fit LORE wise, if you need a divine for Templar go with Auri-El/Akatosh or Arkay or Stendarr :)

For Sorcerer you can go with Azura (read Winged Twilight description from Daedric Summoning Skill Line)
    For NB Mephala is a nice fit as I said
    For Necro Molag Bal (you can use Worm Cult outfit which is an actual Molag Bal/Mannimarco's cult)

However, as I said you can't have a Daedric prince for Templar, especially if you RP, makes no sense, Templar's first skill like is even called Aedric Spear.
    For Wardens I would also say Daedric princes won't fit. They are "Guardians of the Green Pact" so basically Y'ffre's servants.

P.S. Nothing sounds silly at all! Seraphayel, it is amazing that you build your characters like that! I do it as well, though a little bit different :) But again! Templar is Aedric class.

https://en..uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Friend_of_All_Mortals

"Call him Stendarr, call him Stuhn, call him what you will, but the God of Mercy and Justice is the friend to all the mortals of the Mundus, whether they acknowledge him or not. Yea, even the heretic Dark Elves of Morrowind may use his magic of defense and healing, even so the scaled folk of Argonia, for Stendarr in his benevolence draws no distinction between those who rightfully worship him and those who, in their ignorance and error, do not."

Let's not be over hasty in telling people what they can and can't do here. Stendarr doesn't care if you worship him, and the Daedric Princes don't care if you run around with other powers so long as you do their bidding when they call.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there,

I just want to completely restart my ESO experience and just create new characters from scratch. I always have a specific class / race fantasy in mind and want to base that in lore specific to the race I picked for the class.

I still have my combinations and some of them even have lore already, but most of them are lacking, because I'm not so deep into the lore of specific races - and here you come into play: please help me filling the gaps and giving my characters a backstory that fits their "heritage".

FYI: this here is mostly Roleplay-related, I don't care about racial bonuses or which race parses better in which role at all. Not 1%. And I usually do not use the same race on more than one character, but I'm still indecisive if my Necromancer or my Sorcerer becomes a Breton or Khajiit or Dark Elf. Would love some lore background for each race for that specific class.

Characters that already have a complete backstory:
    • Argonian - Nightblade - Shadowscale
    • Ork - Warden - Shaman
    • Breton - Necromancer - Reachmen

The ones I'm trying to figure out are:
    • Khajiit / Breton / Dark Elf (?) - Necromancer - ? (thanks to @IronWooshu)
    • Khajiit / Breton / Dark Elf (?) - Sorcerer - ?
    • High Elf - Dragon Knight - ?
    • ? - Templar - ?

So, how do I fit a Khajiit Necromancer and Sorcerer into Khajiit culture? Are there very well-known magicians in the Khajiit society? Do they even have a special group of people maybe that fits that trope? Same about the other ones I'm still missing.

Would really hear your ideas!

For a templar, take dunmer..
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally have a Khajiiti magplar who is a priest of Noctra (the Khajiiti version of Nocturnal) and Stendarr. He deals more with the seedy underbelly of Tamriel, preferring a stealthy, "bend-the-law" approach to his work. With his skills (magic), he prefers to combine the blessings of his two patrons (some templar magic is dark, dark flare, eclipse), using Stendarr's blessings for most skills, and Noctra's for others.
    Here He is btw,
    FB82SDL.png
    V8eJ1ct.png
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a lot of people mention the akaviri stuff tied to ESO dragonknight. I have an OC who's a dragonknight in ESO because she's always been a fire mage in TES games. If you really want an altmer DK, I feel like you don't necessarily need to justify the akaviri aspects, especially if you stick to the fire spells only. The fire line is destruction magic and the earthen line alteration magic.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)