The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you have any advice to stop teabaggers and disrespectful enemies?

• Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    I think its toxic and bad for the game that people can get banned for teabagging. I bet this rule came about because some pvers got bagged and had a cry to the devs. Maybe it was that wonderful lady on the dev stream that told pvpers to leave the game.

Meanwhile, there are people actually cheating and abusing game mechanics and its almost impossible to get them banned. Priorities are messed up imo.

Both can be wrong.

No. Cheating is always wrong, teabagging is completely harmless. Just to be clear, I think extremely insulting hate whispers should be a bannable, people should not have to be exposed to that kind of thing. However, making "teabagging" a bannable offense just gives a tool for toxic players to hurt other people in the game. I think it is absolutely crazy that it has been put on the same level as cheating or insulting hate tells. Honestly couldn't believe it when I first heard about it.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its toxic and bad for the game that people can get banned for teabagging. I bet this rule came about because some pvers got bagged and had a cry to the devs. Maybe it was that wonderful lady on the dev stream that told pvpers to leave the game.

Meanwhile, there are people actually cheating and abusing game mechanics and its almost impossible to get them banned. Priorities are messed up imo.

Both can be wrong.

No. Cheating is always wrong, teabagging is completely harmless. Just to be clear, I think extremely insulting hate whispers should be a bannable, people should not have to be exposed to that kind of thing. However, making "teabagging" a bannable offense just gives a tool for toxic players to hurt other people in the game. I think it is absolutely crazy that it has been put on the same level as cheating or insulting hate tells. Honestly couldn't believe it when I first heard about it.

Are you making the "teabagging is friendly and not insulting" argument? Do we need to have that talk?
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both can be wrong.

Are you making the "teabagging is friendly and not insulting" argument? Do we need to have that talk?

It can be friendly. My guild used to teabag each other in good fun when we died in raid. There's also a lot of times when we'd laugh about getting teabagged by enemy players we knew because it's entirely possible to be insulting each other in good fun in a competition like Cyrodiil. It certainly can be good-natured trash talk in context.

ZOS' stance on teabagging being fine in general reflects that.

But I do think it's pretty obvious where ZOS has drawn the line. Once we've been asked not to teabag someone, it's clearly not in good fun to continue doing so. Its no longer harmless, and the person who risks being banned by continuing to do so knows that full well. Because of that, I think it's totally fine to put maliciously continuing to teabag someone after having been asked to stop on the same level as the other forms of harassment - which is what ZOS does.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both can be wrong.

It can be friendly. My guild used to teabag each other in good fun when we died in raid. There's also a lot of times when we'd laugh about getting teabagged by enemy players we knew because it's entirely possible to be insulting each other in good fun in a competition like Cyrodiil. It certainly can be good-natured trash talk in context.

But I do think it's pretty obvious where ZOS has drawn the line. Once we've been asked not to teabag someone, it's clearly not in good fun to continue doing so. Its no longer harmless, and the person who risks being banned by continuing to do so knows that full well. Because of that, I think it's totally fine to put maliciously continuing to teabag someone after having been asked to stop on the same level as the other forms of harassment - which is what ZOS does.

My friends and I would okay slug bug as kids. Doesn't mean if I punched another person in the arm they had to laugh and it.

We're taking about the animated personification of placing *** on someone's face. It isn't "friendly" if you're doing it to a complete stranger after running them down with your buddies. Whether you consider it toxic or not doesn't matter. If someone asks you not to do it, and you continue, that is toxic.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both can be wrong.

My friends and I would okay slug bug as kids. Doesn't mean if I punched another person in the arm they had to laugh and it.

We're taking about the animated personification of placing *** on someone's face. It isn't "friendly" if you're doing it to a complete stranger after running them down with your buddies. Whether you consider it toxic or not doesn't matter. If someone asks you not to do it, and you continue, that is toxic.

Sounds like we agree.
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭

Both can be wrong.

I am saying how you interpret it is in your own head and that any player has complete control to respawn if they don't want to see it. This is completely different to someone that sends you hate whispers and should be recognized as such.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both can be wrong.

I am saying how you interpret it is in your own head and that any player has complete control to respawn if they don't want to see it. This is completely different to someone that sends you hate whispers and should be recognized as such.

Tea bagging is not friendly or respectful. If you do it to your buddies, and they're okay with it, fine, but it's not up to you if someone feels trolled by your animated gesture of placing your nether region on their face.

"They should respawn."

So we agree that you're trying to grief them into leaving rather than waiting for reinforcements or a camp. Either you immediately peace out or suffer my tea bagging.

If it really is just friendly, then someone asking you not to do it to them should be plenty reason to cease. That's the friendly thing to do right?
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on April 1, 2022 3:54AM
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tea bagging is not friendly or respectful.

Neither is pvp... I assume you'll be protesting boxing, football, UFC etc etc as well to ensure they are all daisies and polite to eachother as well before and after matches?

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »
    Tea bagging is not friendly or respectful.

Neither is pvp... I assume you'll be protesting boxing, football, UFC etc etc as well to ensure they are all daisies and polite to eachother as well before and after matches?

I don't have to. They have referees and officials with very specific codes of conduct to enforce just like ESO. I find it interesting you only responded to this one part. 😊
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also play a card game.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let's recap.

I'm your opinion, it isn't mean, trollish, griefing or insulting. It's a friendly howdy do.

But if someone asks you to please stop bagging them after running them down, they're just being babies.

It seems like you're confirming that it isn't just friendly. If it was, why would you care if someone asked you to not do it? You get nothing for doing it other that the satisfaction of embarrassing someone.
  • Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    Let me start out with saying I get T-bagged all the time. It doesn't bother me. There are other emotes you can do, which are more entertaining in my opening.

There have been a few times where it seems unnecessary where I wanted to actually message the person, but ultimately didn't.

This one comes to mind and is rather recent.

I was flipping a flag at Bruma solo and got ganked by a NB only to survive the initial gank and then ultimately beat him. His 5 buddies came up and then proceeded to beat me. They res the NB who immediately runs over and starts T-bagging me. Dude, you didn't even win the fight, but yet you feel the need to T-Bag and the only reason I'm lying here dead is because your 5 buddies came running over.

Another time I failed at a 1vX and one guy proceed to start t-Bagging repeatedly only to get dragon leaped by my group who I knew were slowly trickling in. He was too busy t-bagging he forgot to heal himself before the bags came. They got me up and we proceeded to pack them up without all the T-Bagging.

Always fun times out there.

• Ipsius
    Ipsius
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Someone was mean to me on the internet. Can I sue?"
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't personally do it but it's all fine with me, it's WAR!
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore it. Sticks and stones may break my bones but video games cannot hurt me.

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that ESO is rated M for Mature... I mean t-baging behavior is um... idk to use word "childish" - but it is definitely immature...
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got t-bagged last night on a BG. It happens when you kill someone who thinks they are good, and they chase you all match until they finally kill you with people helping them, and can't resist to t-bag you. Meanwhile they lost the match for their team while I was busy protecting the chaosball carrier.

Funny story, was watching a typical PVP streamer who of course was treating capture relic as DM. And of course he was a cheesiest NB cloak spammer you can imagine. Anyway he came up to a DK guarding a relic and fought for a few minutes almost dying 3 times while neve getting DK below 50. Then some others came, and the DK got chase behind a wall and died, not from NB but someone else. Anyway, the NB couldn't resist, he had to run over having not killed the DK, even in a group of enemies and TBagged the DK. That's not all....

What preceded to happen was hilarious. The NB streamer, either kept chasing the DK or the DK kept finding him but the DK killed the NB over and over like 4-5 in a row. It was hilarious. Moral of story be careful who you T-Bag. Funny thing is the DK never once T-Bagged back.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »
    I just got t-bagged last night on a BG. It happens when you kill someone who thinks they are good, and they chase you all match until they finally kill you with people helping them, and can't resist to t-bag you. Meanwhile they lost the match for their team while I was busy protecting the chaosball carrier.

Funny story, was watching a typical PVP streamer who of course was treating capture relic as DM. And of course he was a cheesiest NB cloak spammer you can imagine. Anyway he came up to a DK guarding a relic and fought for a few minutes almost dying 3 times while neve getting DK below 50. Then some others came, and the DK got chase behind a wall and died, not from NB but someone else. Anyway, the NB couldn't resist, he had to run over having not killed the DK, even in a group of enemies and TBagged the DK. That's not all....

What preceded to happen was hilarious. The NB streamer, either kept chasing the DK or the DK kept finding him but the DK killed the NB over and over like 4-5 in a row. It was hilarious. Moral of story be careful who you T-Bag. Funny thing is the DK never once T-Bagged back.

What does the streamer's name rhyme with?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you keep asking them to stop and they don't, record the whole thing and report.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »

What does the streamer's name rhyme with?

Can't say on here and actually I don't remember. I just randomly turn on one or more twitch streamers to run in the background, mainly when I see someone doing BGs. I know it won't narrow it down but the first thing I saw them do is (obviously they had no interest in helping the team in any way and literally) got ZERO POINTS in a match.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Someone may have already said it, but I find it amusing that people get worked up over a teabag or clam slam. I don't do it because I don't want to be reported by the crazies, but I also don't get upset when it happens to me. I mostly see it when someone worked hard to kill another and eventually succeeded. For me, it's a "Ha! I finally got you, good try though." moment.
    For example, my healer is not easy to kill in cyro. So when they do, I don't mind a tea bag or two. I have never believed that people did this to be mean or hateful. It's more like friendly competition and ribbing between people who share a passion for pvp. That's it!

P.S. For those who claim it's a form of SA, clearly you've never had that happen to you in real life, or you wouldn't even suggest that this harmless game action is even remotely similar. That anyone could ever say that is beyond ludicrous.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just block and ignore em - and try to rez up as quickly as possible.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bigmatt2 wrote: »
    Let me start out with saying I get T-bagged all the time. It doesn't bother me. There are other emotes you can do, which are more entertaining in my opening.

There have been a few times where it seems unnecessary where I wanted to actually message the person, but ultimately didn't.

I was flipping a flag at Bruma solo and got ganked by a NB only to survive the initial gank and then ultimately beat him. His 5 buddies came up and then proceeded to beat me. They res the NB who immediately runs over and starts T-bagging me. Dude, you didn't even win the fight, but yet you feel the need to T-Bag and the only reason I'm lying here dead is because your 5 buddies came running over.

You should feel happy when you get teabagged like this. Either the other player is just poking some light-hearted fun at you, or they got so frustrated at not being able to kill you that you basically became a raid boss in their mind that required a whole group to take down.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bigmatt2 wrote: »

You should feel happy when you get teabagged like this. Either the other player is just poking some light-hearted fun at you, or they got so frustrated at not being able to kill you that you basically became a raid boss in their mind that required a whole group to take down.

Makes me think...if you don't t-bag pve raid bosses after you kill them, are you even living your best life?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I basically never bag people… and how I feel about having it done to me really depends. There’s a pretty small but hardcore player base in Xbox NA ravenwatch… most of us know each other on all 3 alliances. If it’s some huge group or a few people I don’t know and therefore assume they don’t know me… I don’t really care. I assume it’s not personal, or they’re just doing it because they don’t win much. I admit I can get pretty bent out of shape for like 5 minutes if I thought it was a good fight that I narrowly lost, or if I think lag or a failed bar swap contributed, or if I think I was reasonably outnumbered. Seems pretty offensive then but I do think it’s mostly just in my own head. Like I said earlier it’s a small community and I’d like to hope people think I’m a slightly-better-than-good player. So it just feels like talent not respecting talent sometimes, you know?

On an aside, some guy a long time ago killed me. He kicked my butt, whatever. The guy takes the time to message me and let me know I’m literal trash. So I’m embarrassed to admit I had a rather long talk with him. I tried to explain to him that if I’m LITERAL trash, just because he beat me, then what is he like a C tier player? Sometimes you respect yourself by respecting the enemy. PRETEND the other guy is good but you won anyway.

But all that being said now I’m gonna contradict myself a bit. I’m one of the people that think it’s ultimately not a big deal or something that needs policing. If we take it literally it is very crude and inappropriate… BUT it’s not literal. It’s not even real-life-physical, so I’ve always been against calling it bullying. But of course that’s a whole other political and social discussion. Avoiding that— ultimately— I just feel that society is moving in a certain direction… humor is getting ‘worse,’ and innocence is being lost at younger and younger ages. Is this good? Again, not going there. It is SO, and that is enough. Pretending that someone would actually wipe their balls on your face just because you get t-bagged in a video game… and it’s a thing in all video games by the way… it’s a little old fashioned and over the top. No offense to anyone who disagrees, only my opinion, but I honestly think the people who feel victimized kinda have the same problem as the people who are, uh, perpetrators. They take the game too seriously and don’t know how to handle emotional stress IN AND OF THEMSELVES. I’m 35 years old and one thing life has taught me (again, full respect if your life taught you something else,) is that the older I get I worry less about who is to blame and worry more about who can fix it. I can almost always fix it myself and I think that’s a good way to be.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mass guild report seems to work

Source: I got perma banned after a full 12 man guild tbagged me so I tbagged one of them back and got banned for it
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source: I got perma banned after a full 12 man guild tbagged me so I tbagged one of them back and got banned for it

If true, that is so, so, incredibly sad. Also, hi.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭

If true, that is so, so, incredibly sad. Also, hi.

Yup, I won't name the guild but they are an EP ball group that has the same name as a Templar Ultimate
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a good example of why it shouldn't be a bannable offense.
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a good example of why it shouldn't be a bannable offense.

What so I can get tbagged from a full group but yet I get the ban returning it ? yeah punish the person that's spent 7 years and thousands of pounds and hours in this game

But as long as you buy a new account and give them money its fine ?
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU