The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you have any advice to stop teabaggers and disrespectful enemies?

Livane08
Livane08
Soul Shriven
I am really curious about your opinion when you encounter by disrecpetcful act while in Cyrodiil.
First of all, I assume all of us play Cyrodiil to get fun but disrespectfull human beings always exist in all kinda groups and formations.
Question 1: What is your behaviour when you saw disrespectful act?
Question 2: [snip]
Question 3: I know that reporting people with evidence like videos, ss exc. is not enough to stop them. Do ESO has any realistic solution to solve this problem?

Let us see what is your philosophical solution for saving balance with good and bad?
Best regards Liva.

[edited for baiting]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on January 27, 2022 4:33PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ignoring it...works best for me...don't let others actions get you on tilt...they are just pixels on a screen...just look at the bags as a sign that you did something right tbh........
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They want attention, it's up to you if you want to give them what they want from you.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it bothers you, warn them. If they do it again, report them. If you are on console, you might consider reporting them to the console company as well.

Here's the latest official comment on teabagging.

NOTABLE-01387.jpg

She also said:
    "As with many things in-game, context is very important. The act of standing and squatting over another NPC or character to teabag them can be considered a form of harassment which can be a violation of the Terms of Service (ToS). As with all forms of harassment, if a player asks you to stop a behavior, you need to stop. If you continue to teabag someone that asks you to stop, that is a violation of the ToS and may lead to your account being suspended or even permanently banned. Hope this helps clear things up"

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546727/was-it-ever-confirmed-if-tea-bagging-is-against-tos-now/p2

And manage your expectations. You can't make ZOS discipline someone the way you want it and ZOS won't tell you the results either, to protect player privacy.

My behavior: I roll my eyes or ignore them. Teabagging is primarily one of those immature gamer culture things that has less to do with mental conditions and more to do with an environment where that behavior has been more or less acceptable ribbing the loser for years in other PVP-oriented games.

I report toxic whispers. I do feel I should note that, as a PVPer, I get much worse insults from PVEers who I beat to a resource node in PVE zones like Craglorn or Summerset. Most PVPers who kill me or who I kill just move on.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i usually ignore it because whatever, i also rarely see it because when i die i usually immediately open up the map for respawn options to strategize where i am going to respawn (being dead does not earn me AP when playing solo lol), not thinking about an enemy wasting their time with little ole dead me lol

as others stated, if it bothers you record it showing you asking them to stop, if it occurs again record it and report it and let zos deal with the issue
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it bothers you, warn them. If they do it again, report them. If you are on console, you might consider reporting them to the console company as well.

Here's the latest official comment on teabagging.

NOTABLE-01387.jpg

She also said:
    "As with many things in-game, context is very important. The act of standing and squatting over another NPC or character to teabag them can be considered a form of harassment which can be a violation of the Terms of Service (ToS). As with all forms of harassment, if a player asks you to stop a behavior, you need to stop. If you continue to teabag someone that asks you to stop, that is a violation of the ToS and may lead to your account being suspended or even permanently banned. Hope this helps clear things up"

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546727/was-it-ever-confirmed-if-tea-bagging-is-against-tos-now/p2

And manage your expectations. You can't make ZOS discipline someone the way you want it and ZOS won't tell you the results either, to protect player privacy.

My behavior: I roll my eyes or ignore them. Teabagging is primarily one of those immature gamer culture things that has less to do with mental conditions and more to do with an environment where that behavior has been more or less acceptable ribbing the loser for years in other PVP-oriented games.

I report toxic whispers. I do feel I should note that, as a PVPer, I get much worse insults from PVEers who I beat to a resource node in PVE zones like Craglorn or Summerset. Most PVPers who kill me or who I kill just move on.

@Livane08 everything you need is in Varanis post..

Also, just ignore. Really who cares what some pixels do. There are many emotes on the game that are designed to tease in this scenarios, as features.

To Gina's point if it grows into harrasment it's an issue. But if you roll a NB and gank a group then they catch you later expect the bag or a gloating emote it's just a thing
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Livane08 wrote: »
    I am really curious about your opinion when you encounter by disrecpetcful act while in Cyrodiil.
    First of all, I assume all of us play Cyrodiil to get fun but disrespectfull human beings always exist in all kinda groups and formations.
    Question 3: I know that reporting people with evidence like videos, ss exc. is not enough to stop them. Do ESO has any realistic solution to solve this problem?

Let us see what is your philosophical solution for saving balance with good and bad?
    Best regards Liva.

[edited for baiting]

Personally, I see T-bagging as a sign that someone is like 10 years old and I've gotten to the point where I just don't care. It happens, and usually if someone t-bags me, they get killed in the next few seconds as they are not focused on their surroundings.
    Back when I started, and I still cared about people t-bagging me, I used to ask them to stop. If they didn't stop, then I would report them, and proceed to tab target them every time I saw them. Though, that was too much effort for some petty 'revenge' so I advise you just to ignore them.

Now when someone starts pouring oils on top of me, or /crying on top of me, that's when I like to message them with the good old "lol".
    Edited by M0R_Gaming on January 27, 2022 6:35PM
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore and enjoy a good laugh.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone t-bags me, they aren't really that good. So I kinda ignore it and just move on.

People that know how to PvP let their kill count t-bag for them.

Personally I am a fan of point down. #darksouls
    PvP needs more love.
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're in PVP. It's a combative environment. This is a gentlemanly sport with decorum.

The personalities drawn to that mode are the same in every pvp game. I don't know what else you expect?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is from a cyro solo potato perspective:

I spend a lot of time doing all sorts of emotes over dead bodies...i'll literally pop a health draught (they have immoveable in them) just so I can laugh, dance or do whatever over people laying on the ground during big fights - especially if they tried to target and kill me and things didn't work out for them...

been doing that for years...i don't get hate tells, cause folks to rage, or get bagged that often when I'm laying one the ground dead...unless I'm in a rush for whatever reason, I'll like to hang out dead and see what's going on around me for a few minutes usually...

my advice to folks that let themselves get keyed up or pissed off at the behavior of others during pvp, don't waste your energy or invite some other individuals weird behavior in to your life...

just do your own thing...personal joy, peace and happiness are always the best revenge in life...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 28, 2022 10:42PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A while ago someone t-bagged my character, and then did the chair emoji, when an ally came in and killed them before they could sit up, it was hilarious and goes to show karma will get them at some point :lol:

Joking aside, there's no foolproof way to stop it: you can ask them to stop and if they don't, you can record your gameplay and report the player, and maybe with enough evidence ZOS might take action, but the best way is too just ignore them, rez somewhere and continue with your playing.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Livane08 wrote: »

Best regards Liva.

[edited for baiting]

Just a fyi if you didn't know, many players will do a single tbag, & it's not to be considered a sign of disrespect.

Many emotes will lock your toon in the animation, or delay a combat response like a skill or combat skill (roll, block, etc..), if I tbag you once it's me acknowledging you or your skill.

Personally I don't bother with repeated tbags, but I will do a single for a worthy opponent.
    Sounds weird, but true.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly see it as "I've annoyed this person so much for whatever reason, they're mad enough to teabag me".

Usually because I always kill them and when they zerg me down they think they're getting their revenge.

But I still killed them 20 times before that probably, and will kill them 20 times afterwards, so I'm the one still laughing.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    I experience teabagging etc. from 3 scenarios:

1. I'm runnin' hot! Coming off of some 1vX/2vX/3vX where I pulled out some cool stuff, waxed or kited a lot of people, took out a bunch, etc. etc, then boom! Teabags galore. Often times group teabags.

2. Its someone I know or encounter often. Saying hello. Even often times comes with a "gg!" whisper etc.

3. It's some over excited dude/chic/whomever that didn't even contribute to my death in any meaningful way and most likely got aced two or three times during the fight and kept running back. But... they're doin' their thing cuz they prolly think it makes them look cool. Probably also excited that their crew finally brought me down.

I do it here and there. When saying hello, saluting, or returning fire. It gets done to me. I don't care. It is mostly comical.
    Edited by McTaterskins on February 3, 2022 4:03PM
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...you create and allow a counter emote that makes it unfun for them, that can be done while dead. For example, snipping with scissors :wink: Emoting over a body could also cause an auto-stun for 4 seconds.

Or ignore it, but there are cases where that doesn't work.

Having to have the victim tell them to stop before reporting it is a cop-out and goes against what we know today of abusive psychology.

There've been entire, toxic, guilds who will surround female corpses and "mime" assaulting her. Having to say, "please, sir, stop!" is uhm.

Creepy.
    Edited by guarstompemoji on March 3, 2022 3:12PM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of my friends make heavy use of the ignore feature in game but I have that built in natively to where I don't even understand it. And my version works effortlessly and equally on things that happen outside the chat box, such as tea bagging. If I do notice; I am laughing
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Going to back up what @VaranisArano shared. Ignoring and asking players to stop is reasonable. However, if players persist and create a negative play environment, you are well within your right to report players as well. PvP is meant to be challenging and competitive, but not a negative experience.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm teabaging people who are trying to kill me X vs me for some reason (due to my alliance rank, to my ranking in leaderboard...), chasing me for a while when i'm trying to avoid fight, and when i'm leaving.
    I like to show them they should stop beeing so toxic.
    Fortunately, it's rare.

But I prefere a simple tbag than insulting with words. OF COURSE, if he asks me to stop, I will.

Edited by Xarc on March 3, 2022 9:30PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit may be weird, but this one takes much greater offense at someone going "whap whap whap" with his sword or "zap zap zap" with his staff than he does someone going "blap blap blap" with his bottom when he is already dead.

Can khajiit report -these guys- for disrespect and TOS violation? :smiley:
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    Pay no attention to it, it says everything about them and nothing about me, they cant get into my head and make me feel a certain way only i can do that to myself
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • ELDER_HOFF
    ELDER_HOFF
    ✭✭✭
    If you look at bagging as a form of respect, you may just be better off. It is all about trying to get a reaction so the "virtual got you sukka" is only a win if it affects you and gets a reaction. Our guild Bowz in the hood is a nb gang notorious for waiting patiently as a few bunnies come running through the forest for a 5-10 on 1 explosion. I promise you when we are in a captured keep, and for 45 minutes to an hour more and more people have to show up and camp bodies so we cant rez and continue wrecking people in their own house, we expect the bags, and appreciate the commitment to their own happiness for each and every virtual sack that dips our corpse. Why would ANYONE be emotionally triggered by this? It is ridiculous, not mentally scarring. WE do not troll or bag and eventually people who hate tell us (another sign of frustration on THEIR PART) start enjoying the hunt and appreciate that no matter how many times we slay them, we don't glorify their demise via text or sweep, or bag, or whatever. Eventually they realize they are having fun trying to get us. Most baggers are just unstable, or your buddy who does it for laughs. If you play this long enough, you will start to feel like the lack of bags or salt tells may indicate you are not working hard enough. :) Positive bags, for the emotional win!
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's simple. If you never die, you'll never get teabagged.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immediately respawn. You can’t get bagged if you don’t give them a chance. There is no simpler solution. You are in control of that.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask politely to stop. Take a video. If they do it again, report.

I personally don't do it. I find it funny even people defend it, saying it's not meant to be insulting.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Immediately respawn. You can’t get bagged if you don’t give them a chance. There is no simpler solution. You are in control of that.

unless i got some where to be, i always hang out for a while to see what's up...

on the very rare occasions when it does occur - i generally critique the bag itself...i play on a console, so yeah, some of the bags are kind of sorry looking and all herky and jerky...

sometimes, i'll leave my toon there, go do something else, and check in just to see if they're still pushing down R3 like some kind of fiend waiting for another marshmallow to appear :p
    Edited by geonsocal on March 18, 2022 3:41AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its toxic and bad for the game that people can get banned for teabagging. I bet this rule came about because some pvers got bagged and had a cry to the devs. Maybe it was that wonderful lady on the dev stream that told pvpers to leave the game.

Meanwhile, there are people actually cheating and abusing game mechanics and its almost impossible to get them banned. Priorities are messed up imo.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    I think its toxic and bad for the game that people can get banned for teabagging. I bet this rule came about because some pvers got bagged and had a cry to the devs. Maybe it was that wonderful lady on the dev stream that told pvpers to leave the game.

Meanwhile, there are people actually cheating and abusing game mechanics and its almost impossible to get them banned. Priorities are messed up imo.

Both can be wrong.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore it like you would irl or enjoy it whatever.. I also hope ZOS starts charging crowns for such reports.. Majority would prefer they spend theyre resources on useful bug fixing etc instead of antisocial behavioural issues and psycotheropy. ZOS's job is to create a game not deal with interpersonal relationship issues which is what yur theropist is for. =p
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on March 21, 2022 1:39PM
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't bother me at all. It's a game and as such it has all kinds of people in it from all over the world with many different human characteristics.

What one considers "hateful" or "bad" or whatever, another considers fun and part of the game. It's all part of the world we live in and all of us are different.

I suggest ignoring it and play the game. It will help with stress for sure.

I recall one time a player was asked to change his player name because it offended people. He was forced to do so by the gaming company. Turns out it was his real name and from his country it was a common name. But somehow in other countries that word became offensive.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    It doesn't bother me at all. It's a game and as such it has all kinds of people in it from all over the world with many different human characteristics.

What one considers "hateful" or "bad" or whatever, another considers fun and part of the game. It's all part of the world we live in and all of us are different.

I suggest ignoring it and play the game. It will help with stress for sure.

I recall one time a player was asked to change his player name because it offended people. He was forced to do so by the gaming company. Turns out it was his real name and from his country it was a common name. But somehow in other countries that word became offensive.

EXACTLY!! So all this whining about names etc is not only an over sensitivity issue but an ignorance of other cultures!