The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Curated Drops Asylum Sanctorium [Bug?]

paulsimonps
paulsimonps
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Wanted to post this since it seems something is off. Plenty of my guild mates have mentioned similar issues to what I am about to explain with different item pieces.

Currently I am missing only 2 pieces of non perfected AS weapons, Mace and Daggers for the One handed and Shield. Yet I am still getting items that I already have, others are missing other One Handed weapons as well and can't seem to get them, even over multiple runs. My thought process is that because we all have the shield and the shield is part of the set of items you get when getting One Handed and Shield drops, the system thinks we already have it all and chooses to do complete RNG rather than curated drop.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin Could this be looked into and see if this is the case?
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While ZOS never actually disclosed how the arena weapon random actually works, many people thinks (based on looking at statistics) that the random in arena actually 2 random not one, first it randomly decide which weapon type of the six you get and then the next random decide which actual weapon from that type.

So if you need mace or dagger for s&b, you only getting those if the weapon type happen to be s&b, if the first random says it's destro staff, you get one of the destro staff you missing or a random one if you know all. As the curated drops mostly works in arenas probably the first random also try to take account of what type you have missing, and most likely you are guessing right with that knowing shield causing the bug, as shield might be used as an indicator to check if you need s&b or not...

I also noticed in other arenas where I have one s&b as collected, that while the other not known weapons are dropping nicely curated I don't seem to be getting any more s&b...
    Edited by vgabor on January 15, 2022 2:44PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    While ZOS never actually disclosed how the arena weapon random actually works, many people thinks (based on looking at statistics) that the random in arena actually 2 random not one, first it randomly decide which weapon type of the six you get and then the next random decide which actual weapon from that type.

So if you need mace or dagger for s&b, you only getting those if the weapon type happen to be s&b, if the first random says it's destro staff, you get one of the destro staff you missing or a random one if you know all. As the curated drops mostly works in arenas probably the first random also try to take account of what type you have missing, and most likely you are guessing right with that knowing shield causing the bug, as shield might be used as an indicator to check if you need s&b or not...

I also noticed in other arenas where I have one s&b as collected, that while the other not known weapons are dropping nicely curated I don't seem to be getting any more s&b...

arena curated drops are working fine for me (also the asylum sanctorum is not an arena, its a trial)

in arena like DSA, maelstrom, BRP the curated drops are working fine (its annoying the 1h/shield always drops with a shield, but thats the way it drops)

ive seen other reports that curated drops in trials are still kind of buggy in some cases like the crag trials, and the last time i did an asylum trial, it also gave me something i already had (a destro staff, even though i had all 3 destro staff collected, but was missing other stuff)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭
    Wanted to post this since it seems something is off. Plenty of my guild mates have mentioned similar issues to what I am about to explain with different item pieces.

Currently I am missing only 2 pieces of non perfected AS weapons, Mace and Daggers for the One handed and Shield. Yet I am still getting items that I already have, others are missing other One Handed weapons as well and can't seem to get them, even over multiple runs. My thought process is that because we all have the shield and the shield is part of the set of items you get when getting One Handed and Shield drops, the system thinks we already have it all and chooses to do complete RNG rather than curated drop.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin Could this be looked into and see if this is the case?

I am having serious troubles with this. Tried 2 different wb yesterday in Vvardenfel and I am only getting duplicates, even though I am missing half of the items from the book. How to fix this ? ydxeraz244o4.png
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Umbro100 wrote: »

I am having serious troubles with this. Tried 2 different wb yesterday in Vvardenfel and I am only getting duplicates, even though I am missing half of the items from the book. How to fix this ? ydxeraz244o4.png

@Umbro100
    In your case its that you are trying to get pieces that simply do not drop from world bosses. Armor like those you are missing are from Delve bosses and the Jewelry are from Ashlander daily quest rewards.
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭
    @Umbro100
    In your case its that you are trying to get pieces that simply do not drop from world bosses. Armor like those you are missing are from Delve bosses and the Jewelry are from Ashlander daily quest rewards.[/quote]

thank you , that makes sense but I am not getting any weapons either, just body pieces that I already have. where do the weapons drop then in Vvardenfel ?

Edited by Umbro100 on January 22, 2022 1:45PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Umbro100
    In your case its that you are trying to get pieces that simply do not drop from world bosses. Armor like those you are missing are from Delve bosses and the Jewelry are from Ashlander daily quest rewards.

thank you , that makes sense but I am not getting any weapons either, just body pieces that I already have. where do the weapons drop then in Vvardenfel ?

[/quote]

@Umbro100

Weapons are from World Bosses and Public Dungeon bosses. However from your screenshot it doesn't seem that you are missing any weapons from the 2 sets that are visible in the screenshot, obviously can't say for the 3rd one.