The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unnerving Boneyard. A pointless morph?

• ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a good pair of options. Avid for solo stuff, unnerving for everything else. Turning up to a trial running Avid is a rookie error (there's probably a weird exception but I can't think of it at the moment). Avid is only more personal DPS, i.e. on the dummy, but it's not more DPS in a group because somebody ought to be taking the synergy. The damage will get done. And the aoe major breach from unnerving is invaluable, yes the tank will be debuffing the boss but the more aoe breach you can lay down on trash packs the better.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, I have stopped raid and sent all the necros out to remorph to Unnerving before. It's absolutely the preferred morph in PvE endgame because of the aoe breach.
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is pretty much done. I have reconsidered the points people have made and ultimately agree. My main reasoning for a suggested change was to allow for a Disease based ground DoT since Disease is an underrepresented damage type, and although technically either morph could be converted, people make a strong case for Unnerving costing Mag instead of Stam for sustain benefits.

However, I can’t help but wonder if it would be better to put the AoE breach on the Bone Totem baseline. Would Minor Protection and Major Breach be an overloaded ability?
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate feedback but don’t really agree with people that say the class is fine as is. People make a strong case for totem as an AoE Minor Vulnerability that’s fine. What are people thoughts on Empowering Grasp and using it to empower your Skeletal Mage. Do you think it is worth using?
    Empowering grasp is often used by a support role in endgame groups, especially in raids. Because it can easily give empower to all DDs.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use unnerving boneyard on my magcro. I could just be a non-meta scrub, but it seems to me that the self-synergy is a lot less useful when you actually play with other people regularly, so I just took the other morph for the utility.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aoe Pen always. Let an ally use the synergy.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.