The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please for the love of all that is holy....put doors back on towers

EmperorIl
EmperorIl
✭✭✭✭
I am so......tired.....of tower runners. Give these people something else to do please, preferably away from Cyrodiil.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol, but no
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know how there are still certain questgiver buildings in the Cyrodiil towns where you can camp inside and throw down AOEs on the inside door so that players die before they've fully loaded into the building? And certain buildings where it's easy to set up that sort of farm with an Elder Scroll so everyone who tries to take it has to load through the door while taking damage?

That's why we don't have doors on resource towers anymore.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 22, 2021 12:32AM
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's us be able to wreck towers with seige like we used to. People can always play ring around the rocks if that's what floats there boat.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ^ We need to be able knock down those resource towers.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    despicable-me-minions.gif

why we're reverting zos cyrodiil game changes - revert the freaking ayleid wells...what in the world was the whole purpose of ruining those???
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just stop trying to zerg them down. There you go, your hate for "tower runners"is fixed!

And how will doors fix it anyway?

Once they're in, they can still run around inside the tower.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamma71 wrote: »
    Let's us be able to wreck towers with seige like we used to. People can always play ring around the rocks if that's what floats there boat.

Oh this. That was really fun way of dealing with tower runners. Oh and make it friendly fire vulnerable, because nobody ever listened to "do not take the flag"...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if they chose not to run around in towers, they can find completely different places to LoS in. Would you rather they bust down your keep door and LoS inside the keep's towers instead? Cause that used to happen a lot back in the day, and could be another viable option.
    All they need is a place and people who take the bait and they can do it anywhere. It's not like they're tower fanatics.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil in 2021?! KEKW
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait, wat? Cyro towers had doors in past?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmperorIl wrote: »
    [Remove quote]

I also care about the campaign. But your proposed solution does nothing to fix the problem. Tower farms were arguably worse before the doors were removed, which is why ZOS changed them in the first place. Sure, you could destroy the tower with siege, but that required your friendly PUGs not taking the flag (good luck with that.) If they did then you were stuck loading through the door to try and root out the tower farmer anyway.

ZOS has "been there, done that" with doors on towers, and I'd like to note that in the thread's discussing the change, it's generally the tower farmers complaining that the doors were removed, such as here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289095/pts-patch-notes-towers-have-no-doors

I dunno, maybe you enjoy dying whilst trying to get through a door in Cyrodiil.

I don't, particularly. The worst is when I'm mashing the button to get in, but I mash it one too many times, and the door spits me back out where I was. :lol:
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 22, 2021 2:33PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We've had to remove a few non-constructive and baiting comments. Please remember that while it’s alright to disagree or even debate with each other, provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable on our forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.