The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game freezes while login

Supernum
Supernum
Dear ZOS-Team / Community

I bought it back in 2015 on Steam, played until mid-2017 (On EU-Server, Linked the ESO-Account with my Steam Account) and took a long break then, until November this year.
At first, the game run for about a month without issues, so I decided to buy the missing chapters and renew my ESO+ - Subscription. Then, just a few days later, on 7. of December, I was disconnected from the server and cannot login anymore since then.
The problem is the following: It just freezes when attempting to login, there's no crashlog or other error message, it simply doesn't respond anymore. This happens every time I try to login.

(I play the Game in German)
qpjpt2gg187k.png

I looked here and found two other threads with potentially the same problem:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/592376/infinite-loading-screen-after-logging-in
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/592670/eso-not-responding-at-the-requesting-login-interface

I already tried the following for trouble shooting, without success:

- Deleted all files in ".../Documents/Elder Scrolls Online"
- Repaired the game, using Steam and the Launcher, also I tried running both as admin while repairing
- Started Steam as Admin
- Set all .exe in ESO-Install to run as Admin
- Disabled Firewall
- Restarted Router/Modem
- Tested in different networks
- Installed on a 2nd machine (Where ESO was never installed before)

Fun thing is, when running eso64.exe directly, I can login to another (Non-Steam) Account without issues.
So my conclusion is there must be something wrong with my Account/Steam, and I read about it might help to re-link ESOs account with Steam.

Then I found out that I also can't login to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ (Using my Steam ID).
I get the following Error (Text is in German, means something like: "Error: your access to the site was denied"):
9wbdyua4k82l.png

Unfortunately, the Mail I used to create the ESO-Account doesn't exist anymore, so I cannot get any notifications/messages this way.
That's why I tried the account recovery method using this link: https://help.bethesda.net/app/account_recovery/p_id/eso
I opened 3 tickets so far:
#1: 211208-001176 (I most likely gave a wrong mail address here by accident, sorry for that! This can be ignored/closed)
#2: 211211-002965 (After sending this ticket, I revisited the Website for Account Recovery a few days later again, and to my surprise it led me to a different input form with different fields to fill)
#3: 211215-000560 (Most recent, because of the new input form, does contain additional/different information than #2)

I got no response or notification for any of the tickets by now, so I can't even tell if they where created correctly. In general, I have no idea what's going on, for 10 days...

I'm very eager to get into the game again, please give me some information what's wrong and what I can do to fix this! I'm also able to provide further information (Screenshots, Logs, ...) if needed.

Thanks and Regards

XXXBold

(This is not posted by the Account with the problem, because as stated I cannot login on the website, but I do own both accounts.)
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Supernum

We can confirm that your ticket #211215-000560 is with the right team and will receive a response from a support agent shortly.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Supernum
    Supernum
    Hi @ZOS_Adrikoth

Thanks for confirmation. Waiting for the response then, hopefully this issue can be resolved quickly :)

Regards,

XXXBold
  • Supernum
    Supernum
    Hi again @ZOS_Adrikoth

I still got no response yet, this is becoming really annoying... Could you please take a look again and probably assign someone to take care of it?
    It really shouldn't take that long to react, since this makes the game completely unplayable, issues like this should definitely get a higher priority.
    (Not blaming you here, I'm just getting really frustrated because of this...)

Thanks and Regards,

XXXBold

Update, 29.12.: Still no response
    Edited by Supernum on December 29, 2021 11:49AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Supernum

As an update, this is currently being handled under ticket # 211208-001176. Due to the ticket escalation there may be additional delays before hearing back from our support team.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Supernum
    Supernum
    @ZOS_BillE

Thanks for the Feedback, however, I'm not sure if I gave the correct Information in Ticket 211208-001176, it's possible I gave a wrong contact address and/or confused the original address for the game with another one. Anyway, this information should be correct with both newer tickets.
    Edited by Supernum on December 29, 2021 11:12PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Supernum

You are welcome to update any of your support tickets with correct information. Instructions for doing so can be found below.

How do I update or check on my support ticket for The Elder Scrolls Online?
    Staff Post
  • Supernum
    Supernum
    @ZOS_BillE

As stated, I'm not able to login with the affected account, not in the game nor on the website, so I can't view/update the ticket myself.
    I'll DM you here with the correct addresses, hopefully you can forward it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Supernum

Thank you for the PM. We have responded back regarding the contact information on your existing ticket.
    Staff Post