The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

why i'm holding off on renewing my ESO+ subscription (nRND)

• Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they didn't make their DLC dungeons so long (in length), then it wouldn't be an issue.
    The latest years -> all dungeons are Lazer Quest rooms (that game where you shoot lazer guns in groups) divided by walls, creating corridors...
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on November 29, 2021 5:36PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main reason I don't queue for randoms is because I don't want to commit to the amount of time a DLC dungeon requires.

Then there is the added difficulty... WHY are DLC dungeons more difficult? What is the reason for this? All normal dungeons should have comparable difficulty so why this distinction?

Actually, I suspect that all of the DLC dungeons are comparable in difficulty, or reasonably so with the later ones. They just aren't the same difficulty as base game normal dungeons, which are not even comparable with each other. There is a reason why Fungal Grotto I is preferred, even above the other normal dungeons. The boss can be soloed by a blind weaponless character in a body cast, while sporting a bad cold and bed hair. :smile: On top of that, half the dungeon can be skipped.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen other games make it so a player could opt-in for including the more challenging dungeons and just offer a sweeter reward for those that did.

Of course Zenimax would need to make sure that reward for including the DLC dungeons since they need to make sure players will have a chance to get such a group if they are queueing for a DLC. After all, the reason for the random reward is to ensure a reasonably active queue for all dungeons.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    npuk wrote: »
    SickDuck wrote: »
    [*] Remove option to disband a group
    [/list]

This went years ago with the introduction of vote to kick, you can only disband once the event is complete.

I do think on RDF the crown should always land on the tank or replace the crown icon with a shield icon and drop that on the tank.

Being able to disband at event completion is still an issue and should be removed entirely. I have seen posts of people using it to grief, and haven't seen a single good use of it that couldn't be accomplished by people just leaving party voluntarily.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 29, 2021 8:32PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    If most people don't even want to do those more difficult dungeon at random, then yes, it is a worse experience for players who are paying for content. It isn't a side effect, it is the majority of the experience. If more players actually wanted to do the DLC dungeons, this wouldn't be an issues, but DLC dungeons are already outnumbering base dungeons.

No. It's still a side effect. The system isn't designed to just give you transmutes, nor is it designed just to annoy customers who don't like those dungeons. The system is designed to give paying customers the content they paid for, all else is secondary.

You are already being compensated for doing a dungeon you don't want to do. If you just want a particular dungeon, you can already queue for it.

As a player queuing for random, I do not think that the disparity between dungeons is anywhere near acceptable for a random grouping of players. Again, when 1 dungeon in the queue can take less than 10 minutes to complete and another can take over an hour, there is a huge disparity between the dungeons in the queue. That is a major problem, and even more so on Vet.

As a player queuing for a specific dungeon, why would I ever want players who can't handle that dungeon "helping" me out? More often than not, those players are a hindrance to the run, don't follow mechanics, don't even know the dungeons. It just ends up a waste of everyone's time.

Adding the option to remove them provides a better avenue for success and help. Players who include them in the random will actually want to be in them, may actually be competent, may actually provide valuable help. Players who queue for them specifically will actually be more likely to have players who actually want to be there from the random queue and can actually help, instead of players they have to carry through the dungeon, or players who quit the moment the queue pops up (quit because the 15 min penalty is likely less time than actually finishing the dungeon and they can just hop over to another character).
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Of course Zenimax would need to make sure that reward for including the DLC dungeons since they need to make sure players will have a chance to get such a group if they are queueing for a DLC. After all, the reason for the random reward is to ensure a reasonably active queue for all dungeons.

One thing they could do is delete the random reward if you only do a subset of your available dungeons. If you queue random (all) you get the reward, same as now. If you queue for Maj's queue or whatever, you get nothing.

Some people might still queue for the stickerbook or for fun. But they wouldn't get rewards for being willing to help anyone who needs it, because they aren't willing to help anyone.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 29, 2021 5:43PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The group I tend to do dungeons with did an random normal run with an twist, if we did not get an dlc dungeon we picked the next relevant on the list and did an new random normal. Purpose was to farm gear and getting the rnd xp as an bonus :)

Yes for vet its another issue, vet dlc is another level again over base game vet, the group above did vCoA2 with fake tank and pretty fake healer as in this one, and it was an HM clear :) I refused to go farther than off heal as long as the tank was totally fake as in no taunt and I doubt he would survive holding taunt anyway, dps was impressive however :)

Yes you can get pug groups who fail places like CoH2 or Darkshade 2 because no communication.
    In harder normal dlc you can get problems with low cp inexperienced players, remember pugging scalecaller a lot for Jorvuld's Guidance then pledge. Got an group there best was cp 190, lowest was lvl 47 and no cp.
    Real tank but 90 cp and probably junk gear. we wiped a lot. They was nice people so I say lets try another random normal. I did not need one but they does. We got BC1 or similar and a fast and nice run.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    The main reason I don't queue for randoms is because I don't want to commit to the amount of time a DLC dungeon requires.

Then there is the added difficulty... WHY are DLC dungeons more difficult? What is the reason for this? All normal dungeons should have comparable difficulty so why this distinction?

Actually, I suspect that all of the DLC dungeons are comparable in difficulty, or reasonably so with the later ones. They just aren't the same difficulty as base game normal dungeons, which are not even comparable with each other.

WHY aren't DLC dungeons the same difficulty as the base game dungeons? I'd like to know the reason why they are more difficult, because this is the issue.
    PCNA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's an option, just manually select your dungeons of liking via "specific dungeons" option and press queue, viola. You'll get a random one from your "random" list.

But if you also want to be rewarded, prepare to do at least some work.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll preface this with saying that I don't PUG so however it ends up is not really a problem for me. The only times I run dungeons are when I'm running with friends or soloing anyway.

But...
    Counterpoint, if it is your intention to grind the same dungeon for gear over and over, why should other players be dragged through the dungeon? Maybe get your own farming group or learn to solo it (fairly easy solo too by the way).
    Yes, and the same can be said for people who want to run dungeons for fun. "Why don't you just ask in your guilds or solo it?" Or if you just want to do FGI (or other non-DLCs), you can select them for the specific dungeons.

Oh, you want the transmutes, And not only that, you want the easy transmutes.

I do think ZOS dropped the ball on making all dungeons have the same reward, so people of course would favor getting nFGI if it gives the same rewards as vSG HM in the first place. But the transmutes are there to try to entice people to fill for dungeons, not to entire people to jump off the waterfall and skip most of FGI.

Besides, also tying back to the current BG problems - there are a lot of unobtainable achievements right now. It's technically harder to get Tactician (help your team capture both enemy Relics within 10 seconds of each other) than Godslayer right now, since CTR will never pop. Likewise, there are so many 'slayer' achievements in dungeons that are tough to get because people skip things. I remember how annoying it was to grind the 50 flame colossi in CoAII, and I know a lot of people who have played since beta who still don't have all 425 Obsidian Warriors in FGII since they're all skippable.
    ...is it really a good idea to make more achievements unobtainable because people want to get the easiest possible transmutes?
    Also, if people are waiting in a queue for hours because no one wants to PUG the dungeon, maybe, just maybe, that is a clear indicator that the DEVs are wasting their time on DLC dungeons. NO ONE WANTS TO DO THEM. If people wanted to do them, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. So leave them to people to find their own groups to complete, or opt into for a PUG. Not default.
    Also true. The current 4 dungeons/year structure has been a bit of a sore spot for a lot of people, and they should start to get away from that:
    1. Tying the dungeons into the story, even tangentially as they have been, makes it hard to get the full story. Most players aren't able to solo or get groups for dungeons, so that's a lot of story that tends to go missing, which is a bit sad in terms of things like DC, which had an excellent voice actor who was wasted since people favor speeding through, and also had a lot of very interesting lore connecting to an old TES game not many people played.

Even some of the standalones suffer. Take FH as an example. I've seen people on the forums complaining that they'd like to see Falkreath as a zone, possibly with a sotryline involving Reachmen raids... without realizing that that's literally the story from the dungeon. But for most people, it's all about "go kill the minotaurs, and for some reason I have to cleanse draugr in the crypt."
    2. 2/4 DLCs are pretty well made for veteran players. Yes, the DLC dungeons can be soloed by sufficiently advanced players, but think of how many people are not able to do any of those. The forums are in this weird place where we have a whole thread complaining that the game's too easy, and then another thread that complains about the number of CP1000+ players who can't hit above 10k DPS. I have a feeling that the current dungeons DLCs don't really sell well at all since the only people who can handle them are also the ones who do it with ESO+ instead of a purchase.

So then what should they do instead? Another overland zone? Something like a starter zone? Then we'd get all the complaints that the overland is too easy, even though that would be accessible to more people. I know a lot of people on the forums would prefer a super-hard every-mob-is-like-HM Magma Incarnate zone, but is that any more accessible to most players? Will we need to then have a group finger so people could say "LFG zone quests"
    If DLC dungeons were base game and available to all players whether they paid for a subscription of ESO plus or for the dungeons themselves it would be one thing. But since the player base is already opted out of these dungeons by default by not paying more money for the game, any arguments for leaving them in the random queue or irrelevant. Paying more money for a game should not provide a worse experience for a player, and right now, including the DLC dungeons in the random queue provides a worse experience for the player base.
    This is an actual failing, and I'm surprised ZOS has let that go for as long as they have. They are banking on people liking the zones instead of the dungeons, so subbing for those.

I do think that this could be fixed by tying the RND rewards to the difficulty of the dungeon. Again, it's ridiculous that nFG and vSG HM give the same reward. Perhaps it should be a white geode for nBase, green for vBase, blue for nDLC, and purple for vDLC, possibly with an extra green for a base HM and an extra blue for a DLC HM. Then you would feel like you got more for your time spent.

...but then it also means you can't guarantee a certain number per day, so it'd work like Endeavors.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Actually, I suspect that all of the DLC dungeons are comparable in difficulty, or reasonably so with the later ones. They just aren't the same difficulty as base game normal dungeons, which are not even comparable with each other.

WHY aren't DLC dungeons the same difficulty as the base game dungeons? I'd like to know the reason why they are more difficult, because this is the issue.

Because people wanted more challenging content. Dungeons are for people seeking a challenge.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    npuk wrote: »
    [*] Remove option to disband a group
    [/list]

This went years ago with the introduction of vote to kick, you can only disband once the event is complete.

I do think on RDF the crown should always land on the tank or replace the crown icon with a shield icon and drop that on the tank.

Being able to disable at event completion is still an issue and should be removed entirely. I have seen posts of people using it to grief, and haven't seen a single good use of it that couldn't be accomplished by people just leaving party voluntarily.

Another thing that should change is that a player that actively leaves the group should also be automatically removed from the instance. Right now, a player can leave the group, but stay in the instance, and this can be used to grief everyone else.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because people wanted more challenging content. Dungeons are for people seeking a challenge.

Dungeons supposedly have 2 difficulty modes, normal and veteran, with veteran being the more challenging. Only in this case there are 2 different levels of normal, base game and DLC. I just feel that all normal dungeons should have comparable difficulty.
    PCNA
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll preface this with saying that I don't PUG so however it ends up is not really a problem for me. The only times I run dungeons are when I'm running with friends or soloing anyway.

But...
    Counterpoint, if it is your intention to grind the same dungeon for gear over and over, why should other players be dragged through the dungeon? Maybe get your own farming group or learn to solo it (fairly easy solo too by the way).
    Yes, and the same can be said for people who want to run dungeons for fun. "Why don't you just ask in your guilds or solo it?" Or if you just want to do FGI (or other non-DLCs), you can select them for the specific dungeons.

Oh, you want the transmutes, And not only that, you want the easy transmutes.

The thing is, I am looking at this solely without rewards in mind. It isn't so much that people want easy transmutes, it's that people understand their time available to them or their skill level and realize that they would not be able to participate in the random queue due a lack of time or skill.

I keep saying FG1 takes less than 10 minutes. And it does. And the sad part is, it takes less than 10 minutes to literally solo it.

So difficulty wise, you have FG1 that takes 10 minutes tops. And at the other end of the BASE game dungeons, you have maybe City of Ash 2 that takes 20 minutes. So for players who do not pay for DLC or a subscription, they can relatively easily expect their random dungeon experience to take between 10 and 20 minutes tops on normal. And they can do so every time with confidence too, and expect most of the dungeons to be within their expected skill level. And more often than not, they should expect a completion of the dungeon too, since, outside of group specific mechanics, like pressure plates, or interrupts, base game dungeons can be soloed.

However, a person paying for DLC or a subscription is looking at 10 mins tops for FG1, and then on the other end of the spectrum is something like Moongrave. Now, a competent group can probably clear Moongrave pretty easily in 20 minutes. But when I said 20 minutes for City of Ash 2, I wasn't talking about an average group. Moongrave on an average group is likely a 40 minute slog, even on normal. Or nearly double the time of the longest base game dungeon. And, there is not guarantee that the group is even going to finish the dungeon, because 1 bad apple in the bunch of players is enough to make a DLC dungeon impassable.

So, the disparity is, we have a queue that on one end has dungeons that can be soloed in less time than the actually penalty for leaving a dungeon. And we have dungeons that can take 40+ minutes to do with a full team. All in the same queue. And that queue is full of players who can actually solo FG1 in under 10 minutes, and players who cannot even solo the first 2 bosses of FG1 in under 10 minutes, and players who can't even solo the first boss of FG1 at all. This disparity disproportionately provides a negative experience for people using the random queue if they own dlcs or subscribe and is not even a problem at all for people who do neither.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For randoms the second problem is that it usually goes

DLC dungeon
    3 seconds in tank quits
    5 minute wait
    new tank, tank quits instantly
    healer quits
    group disbands

So the current arrangement with transmute farming is toxic for new players, toxic for anyone who wants to do harder dungeons and toxic for anyone who would actually like to do anything but speedrun to the last boss in a cloud of trash.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dungeons supposedly have 2 difficulty modes, normal and veteran, with veteran being the more challenging. Only in this case there are 2 different levels of normal, base game and DLC. I just feel that all normal dungeons should have comparable difficulty.

They have moved more towards normal being training for the vet mode. And normal dlc dungeons post Summerset are generally comparable in difficulty. I think if they were to tweak old dungeons they'd more likely move old dungeons up in difficulty rather than dlc down in difficulty, as I think this where they want players doing challenging content together mostly.
  • Fabi95
    Fabi95
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that this is the biggest sign that new dungeons need to go back more to their roots. The base game dungeons are pure and nice dungeons with little strings attached, with a comfortable difficulty for almost all players. Base game dungeons don't feature exaggerated mechanics, almost no one-shot situations, dialogs are not overly long too. It's like a nice group adventure with occassional challenge, but nothing that is overkill. For some people it even feels like a pleasant boss rush adventure, because bosses are often not too far away from each other in base game dungeons. Also there is no forced goat transformation.

It is certainly not just due to the rewards that many people prefer non-DLC dungeons. It is the overall experience. When people go for veteran base game pledges, but DLC pledge on normal only, it says a lot about as how unenjoyable people expect veteran DLC dungeons to turn out. Typically there is then blame shifted on teammates, but let's be honest: The real issue is that base game dungeons and DLC dungeons (especially newer ones) are very out of balance. There is a world of a difference with mechanics and difficulty when comparing base game and DLC. It's in fact almost like a different game!

It does then sadly not help that the newest DLC dungeons force pressure plate mechanics on players, essentially punishing players who already go in with only 2 teammates into these dungeons (not being able to do these makes it already more difficult). Base game dungeons feature an excellent experience for co-op play, which in DLC dungeons can turn out to be quickly devastating; or impossible to fully experience due to pressure plates. Newer DLC dungeons are basically trials for small groups of players and I think they should be officially labeled as such. And that is then why some people feel like canceling ESO+ just to have a much easier and faster random dungeon for the transmute crystals.

As the difficulty increased in newer DLC dungeons and since there is a clear pattern that they got more difficult over time, there should be a viewable hierarchy in what order they should be played. The level up advisor does this very well for the base game dungeons, as it slowly unlocks each one that has an increased difficulty. This sort of system does not exist for DLC dungeons, and unlocking DLC dungeon group finder for players above CP 300 is not a meaningful solution to this. While it's good that it's there, in practice it's only the bare-minimum to avoid the very worst group experiences. To make this better, there could be an extra system on top that works like the level up advisor, but focuses on DLC dungeons instead.

Anyway, due to the difficulty of veteran hardmode DLC dungeons, it certainly needs better rewards. Else people will just stick with base game and do that instead. It does show that something is currently wrong with the system when people feel inclined to only do base game dungeons for the rewards. Please consider improving this.
    Edited by Fabi95 on November 29, 2021 6:27PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have moved more towards normal being training for the vet mode. And normal dlc dungeons post Summerset are generally comparable in difficulty. I think if they were to tweak old dungeons they'd more likely move old dungeons up in difficulty rather than dlc down in difficulty, as I think this where they want players doing challenging content together mostly.

Normal dungeons are for those who enjoy a normal level of difficulty, not a training ground for a difficulty many may never choose to utilize. I just want to enjoy normal dungeons like those who want more difficulty enjoy veteran dungeons. This way there is a dungeon mode for both playstyles.
    PCNA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now here I agree, yes dlc dungeons are harder but normal dungeons should not get far into vet territory then lvl 45 can get into them and cp160 players tend not to have relevant gear as in stuff you craft for you low level alts.
    And you are not spamming snipe :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also begs the point as to why DLC dungeons are so unpopular. I know the reason I boycott them is because they are too hard with overly obtuse mechanics - rendering them not fun. So I don't do them. Perhaps I am not a minority? Ya think?

I've soloed probably every DLC dungeon on normal - except some of those that force group members to do something, because e.g. when I needed lead for Gaze of Sithis I've soloed Cradle of Shadows many times to (though it was really frustrating) so the difficulty of normal dings isn't that bad even when it goes to DLC dungs.

Why people don't like them as a daily? Because DLC dungs are longer, that's it. Some of us just want fast and ez rewards.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Normal dungeons are for those who enjoy a normal level of difficulty, not a training ground for a difficulty many may never choose to utilize. I just want to enjoy normal dungeons like those who want more difficulty enjoy veteran dungeons. This way there is a dungeon mode for both playstyles.

They actually did change that though. They responded to feedback that normal dungeons don't train people adequately for vet and newer dlc dungeons are closer to their vet counterparts as a result to older ones. This is the reason the newest dlc dungeons on normal are harder than the older ones. And dlc going forward will likely be the same as the current ones.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 29, 2021 6:48PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also begs the point as to why DLC dungeons are so unpopular. I know the reason I boycott them is because they are too hard with overly obtuse mechanics - rendering them not fun. So I don't do them. Perhaps I am not a minority? Ya think?

I think people just don't know them as well as they know Fungal Grotto, which makes them feel longer.

I was doing pledges last week and me and a guidlie queued for Depths of Malatar and one of the PUGs was like "RIP DLC dungeon" and we were like, "We're good!" and we zipped through that baby just as fast as you would through CoA II or Vaults of Madness.

I'm running randoms hoping to get DLCs because I have fewer sticker book items from them and I'm really not getting them that often.
    The Moot Councillor
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing is that the original normal dungeons have a difficulty scale starting with the Zone 1 dungeons (FG I, BC I and SC I) and going up to the zones all the way to Coldharbour with Vaults of Madness. That is also the order in which they unlock when you level a new character, and every dungeon unlocks at level 45.

The normal DLC dungeons don't take longer than Vaults of Madness or City of Ash II once you know the mechanics.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What bothers me about the DLC dungeons is the fake tanks queuing up, getting a DLC dungeon and dropping instantly knowing their build will not work/they want a fast easy run.

I don't know what the solution is, but I know this is a problem.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »
    Those rewards are for helping with people with a dungeon they need and you are available to do, rather than just for doing a dungeon you feel like doing. People pay real money for those dungeons and their need to be able to do them outweights your desire to get easy rewards.

Yeah sure, think anyone would be happy to concede that point.

But the reality is 9 times out of 10 half the group leaves and you have to wait for the timer to refresh before queueing again and hoping for a non-DLC so the group will stick around.

Most DLC dungeons I don't mind. There are some I won't do period. I will simply leave because the dungeon takes to long.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I’d prefer if they moved the transmute stones reward from daily randoms to the Undaunted pledges, say, 5 stones for each pledge.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEVER HAPPENING.

See the activity finder ensures that people who buy a DLC actually have a likely chance of enjoying the DLC. In the case of dungeons you can’t really do them without a group.

By splitting that queue you’re gonna kill the number of players who would queue into a random and pair up with those looking for help completing said content.

Look, we know you want non-dlc dungeons because they’re very easy sources of transmutes and XP. ZOS is just asking you to do a little beyond the bare minimum to get there. It’s not like they’re asking you to suffer through battlegrounds.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Personally, I’d prefer if they moved the transmute stones reward from daily randoms to the Undaunted pledges, say, 5 stones for each pledge.

I would rather they leave transmute on random dungeons as it is and add them to non-dungeon activities that can be repeated daily.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »
    As an ESO subscriber, it does annoy me that I'm actively incentivised to drop the sub if I want to run a non-DLC dungeon on group finder.

Makes me want to encourage people who DON'T sub to hang out at the Undaunted areas and offer to join a random AND MENTION the "no sub" thing since it would preclude them getting dumped into a DLC
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will add my comments in BOLD
    • People should get to random normal 1's by default and to higher levels only once they completed the previous level Disagree, too annoying a restriction
    • Level and CP restrictions should be removed from all dungeons (replaced by previous quality gate) Disagree adds complexity with no clear benefit
    • Random should be random - no pre-made groups! Strongly disagree; I rarely am playing with a "group of four" and it's nice for myself and a friend to jump in and be able to run together. There is no leader-board here, we aren't "cheating for a high score" here
    • There should be an incentive to run the harder levels disagree, as there are plenty of achievements, titles and such to encourage this. OTOH I would not say no to a revamp (and potential increase) of transmute drops
    • Disable quests on higher levels Strongly disagree, just because I'm "higher level" doesn't mean I've not done the quest (or not done it on this particular character)
    • Replacements during mid-run should be able to complete pledges Mixed here; pledges have their own rewards (keys and some transmute) and randoms also have their own reward (higher transmutes) when they overlap it's nice, but not crucial
    • All (non-secret) bosses should be killed :P Agree in theory, but practically speaking if you want "enough to do a random" it's not the same as "enough to complete the pledge" or "enough to finish the dungeon quest" - I think there is room for more discussion here
    • No leaders, all members should be able to find replacements Disagree, but OTOH I would like it if the crown defaulted to the tank. Would mean it's easier to "follow" who SHOULD be the leader AND it would mean other group members would be less sanguine about fake tanks. Win-win.
    • Remove option to disband a group Kind of agree, since I hate getting "bumped" from a random when no one else wanted to peek around for chests and heavy sacks

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis