Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Insane Lag on one account only

NerfSeige
NerfSeige
✭✭✭✭
So a guildmate of mine discovered something. Most of us are in Oceania/Asia and this past few patches, lag is getting worse (on the NA server).

He has 2 accounts (via gameshare on console) to farm glorious box this event and his main account is lagging vs his fresh account without eso+, DLCs, and just one character to run dailies.

I tried it this week and yes, the performance on the fresh account is miiiiiles ahead of my main account, absolutely no lag, no stutters, and no need to restart after a few hours of continuous play.

Anyone experienced this? We tried removing the in-console save of the old accounts and nothing changed. Something about the game data makes our main account lag vs a fresh new one.
Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am running a few alt accounts through the dailies too and am not noticing this. I am on PS5 EU tho. I have noticed something else tho. That being my second account which is about a year old now finally hit level 50 so he unlocked the champion system. The problem is, EVERY char on that account now has access to the champion system no matter their level.

So something fishy is going on somewhere....

PS - have you or your friend encountered the bug where EVERY new account you make, the first char you create NEVER gets saved? You create a char, run through the tutorial and the next time you log in - it has disappeared. So you have to create again and do the tutorial again. This happens to me EVERY single time on EVERY new account I create.
    Edited by Paulytnz on November 23, 2021 12:38PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Paulytnz - the champion system has always worked that way: as soon as you hit 50/CP10 on the first character, all characters on the same account have CP10 even at level 1.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    @Paulytnz - the champion system has always worked that way: as soon as you hit 50/CP10 on the first character, all characters on the same account have CP10 even at level 1.

Agreed, the whole point of the CP system is that it is account-wide, although of course characters only earn CP experience once they hit level 50. Before that they benefit from the CP points earned by all level 50 characters on the account although it's for the player to decide whether to allocate them before level 50.
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

I don't recall that happening on my main account. I had to always get my alts to 50 and then they could take advantage of the CP system and be instantly the CP Level as my main.....
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Ever since I got my first 50 (um.... hmmm - probably sometime in 2019), every one of my characters on that account has had all the CP available. Now, I don't know about prior to 6/2018 when I started playing, but if it was different before then, I have no way of knowing, and in that case I stand corrected.

Now, I didn't GIVE my lowbie alts access to CP back then. I do now - just the green tree.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on November 24, 2021 1:46AM
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »
    I am running a few alt accounts through the dailies too and am not noticing this. I am on PS5 EU tho. I have noticed something else tho. That being my second account which is about a year old now finally hit level 50 so he unlocked the champion system. The problem is, EVERY char on that account now has access to the champion system no matter their level.

So something fishy is going on somewhere....

PS - have you or your friend encountered the bug where EVERY new account you make, the first char you create NEVER gets saved? You create a char, run through the tutorial and the next time you log in - it has disappeared. So you have to create again and do the tutorial again. This happens to me EVERY single time on EVERY new account I create.

Hey! All people that tested are on ps4, we’ll ask people on ps5 to try that out too. Thanks!
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022