The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Magplar - deadlands - ongoing

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was using markyn but as crit was less that 20% I swapped to malacth and put markyn on my dk that has 30+ % crit.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks guys: what do you use a monster set when in large groups? I suspect Magma may not be that helpful then.

I'm a bit stuck with regards to what to back bar....trickery is my go to and I'm not keen on Clever or Olo (too lazy). Any other ideas?

I'm thinking Stuhn on the back and war maiden front.
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on December 23, 2021 3:00PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seventh Legion is basically same as Olorime but without the mag recovery stats which are crucial imo. Plus it last shorter and longer cooldown.
    Olorime worth the grind tho. It took me only 2 runs to get the pieces i want, maybe i was lucky but people are sharing anyways.

Im using Olorime back bar and Wrethced Vitality front bar (or vice versa), Having to put ritual or rune on your front bar sucks but that's the trade off. I put spell damage on everything else including apprentice mundus stone and using Magma Incarnate and Majesty ring. Maul/maces and sword&board/restro staff. (i think both variations are good)

When fully buffed with continious attack, you get 7k spell damage, 2400 mag recovery, 1200 stam recovery and 31k armor, on top of 10k penetration, 30k health, 30k magicka and 20k stamina. Quite impressive stats but the best thing is Living Dark ticks for 3k+ non crit heals per 0.5 sec.

I"m thinking to use Ring of the Pale Order or Ring of the Wild Hunt as mhytic. Too lazy to grind tho.. What do you guys think about those on magplar?
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided to try plague break with my other sets this afternoon. Works tidy to be fair in a replacement of spinners
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I’m going through too many ideas at the moment.

I’m not too impressed by Pariah + Heartland Conq. Not bad though.

I’m tempted by Trickery + Kynmarcher….bit random but it could be fun.

Anyone using Deadly as front bar? War maiden?

I’ve never managed to like Clever Alchemist so I’m not considering it…can’t be bothered to farm Olorime

I’m curious about any other option or combination you are using

Kynmarcher back war maiden front. That set looks super easy to proc on paper. Assuming you can keep your target on defensive, that would be a good reason to never slot a defense set.

19k avg resist and a block based weapon with easy access to major evasion would be the strongest build at the moment, if you know all the spells/counters and know when to block. 63% rated mitigation is HUGE if you use up your other sets for huge offense or stats for extra healing power.

Just sucks templar has issued on backbar than other classes. dark convergence does give you have ability to turn spear shards into a cc, you can technically use it to turn a defensive situation into an offensive one. Just sucks we don't have that stun anymore because can't run that set in other pvp modes.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also wizard reposte is really good since they hard nerfed impen and major buffs. That 600 crit resist and the 10% CHD reduction is alot of defense with offensive stats on the other pieces. Helps you move stats around if you need, and find yourself taking too much spike dmg. As a magplar you find yourself always on that backbar so you are giving out the set's debuff constantly.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not fan of kynmarch especially if outnumbered as not gonna proc on everyone due to the cool down between de buffs, it can also be cleansed and 3 common classes have a clense.
    Along with that the debuffs I don't think out weigh pure dmg sets
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I'm not fan of kynmarch especially if outnumbered as not gonna proc on everyone due to the cool down between de buffs, it can also be cleansed and 3 common classes have a clense.

fair enough. THough it isnt 100% chance to remove that debuff; it has to grab other debuffs as well. And debuffing in this game is easy enough that a templar isn't going to waster a purge on 1 debuff. He or she is going to wait out till full stack, so that's 3-4 GCD worth of attacks you can get in? Seems useful.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence/Wretched Vitality/Balorghs/Malacath+Trainee is working very nicely for me atm. Only at 5k spell damage though but I'm hitting 5k tool tip on Puncturing Sweeps.

I actually am able to hit almost 20k pen at 200 ULT if I use Caltrops to proc DC.

But the trick is to get your opponent near 60% and slug off some of their HP pool before you hit your burst. Otherwise, 35k tanky players will just double roll dodge and regen.

Trying to find one more burst skill that will hit AoE off at the end while I'm using Sweeps after ULT. Magicka Detenation looks like a wet noodle. Thinking of switching WV to Vicious Death.
    Edited by soniku4ikblis on December 28, 2021 12:17AM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭

I LOVE kynmarcher in outnumbered.
    1. It debuffs everyone in 8m radius.
    2. The debuff can be proced every 8 seconds.
    3. When zerglings are chasing a poor solo player (you) the do not worry about purging.
    4. Kite for 8 sec - proc a debuff, kite another 8 sec and burst while also procing a second debuff.
    5. 1 debuff is 1 5pc set worth of damage. If you proc 2 - ir is basically 2x 5pc sets worth of damage provided by 1 5pc set.

Kynmarcher is op in outnumbered.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Olorime back bar
    Spectre's Eye front bar
    Magma Incarnate
    Majyn Ring of Majesty
    1 piece trainee

DW and resto. Imperial.

Vamp stage 3. And importantly, Ozorga's bear haunch as the food. This allows you to drop tri pots and use alliance spell pots for the crit and sorcery on both bars without using skills.

Spectre's Eye might seem a weird choice. But on my server, you need some sort of a defensive set. The main way I die is usually getting ult dumped. Dawnbreaker and spin to win, or impulse and vicious death. So getting 30 seconds of major evasion, without doing anything special, is a big boost to survival.

Plus it's only needed on 1 bar.

My survivability is good, sustain is fine, damage is HUGE. Plus, if you play with anyone, you're boosting their damage too.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence/Wretched Vitality/Balorghs/Malacath+Trainee is working very nicely for me atm. Only at 5k spell damage though but I'm hitting 5k tool tip on Puncturing Sweeps.

I actually am able to hit almost 20k pen at 200 ULT if I use Caltrops to proc DC.

But the trick is to get your opponent near 60% and slug off some of their HP pool before you hit your burst. Otherwise, 35k tanky players will just double roll dodge and regen.

Trying to find one more burst skill that will hit AoE off at the end while I'm using Sweeps after ULT. Magicka Detenation looks like a wet noodle. Thinking of switching WV to Vicious Death.

Try plague break, also why caltrops and not blazing spear?
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any new ideas or builds?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using plague, olo, trainee, magma incarnate, and majesty,
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking of
    War maiden + deadly, with either a mythic and a 1 piece monster, or a 2 piece monster, or a two piece set

Thoughts on this anyone?
    Edited by rexagamemnon on January 23, 2022 5:18PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking of
    War maiden + deadly, with either a mythic and a 1 piece monster, or a 2 piece monster, or a two piece set

Thoughts on this anyone?

Will lack healing power as none of them sets buff heals
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO raw stat builds are still best for magplar this patch. The only exception might be if you want to run Plaguebreak.

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking of

Thoughts on this anyone?

I'm thinking War Maiden + Trickery or Clever Alchemist. How do you find WM front bar?
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    milllaurie wrote: »

I LOVE kynmarcher in outnumbered.
    1. It debuffs everyone in 8m radius.
    2. The debuff can be proced every 8 seconds.
    3. When zerglings are chasing a poor solo player (you) the do not worry about purging.
    4. Kite for 8 sec - proc a debuff, kite another 8 sec and burst while also procing a second debuff.
    5. 1 debuff is 1 5pc set worth of damage. If you proc 2 - ir is basically 2x 5pc sets worth of damage provided by 1 5pc set.

Kynmarcher is op in outnumbered.

Wait really? I thought the debuff applied on only one enemy target.. Maybe it's why a friend was recommending this set so much :P
    Edited by Master_Kas on January 24, 2022 12:19PM
    EU | PC
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking of

Thoughts on this anyone?

I'm really curious to how your build is going. As I'm not keen on farming Olo (tooooo boring and I don't have enough time) and I don't like Clever Alch or Kynmarcher, I'm really looking for any alternatives to what I have been using so far....War Maiden + Trickery + Mala + Engine guardian.

Although I like these sets I'd like to try something new: Magma has been farmed (2 runs and done) and so Majesty but I'm still unsure about which main sets.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant go wrong with heartland conqueror if wanted to try something new
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant go wrong with heartland conqueror if wanted to try something new

I used to have a Heart Conq + Pariah build I copied from a youtuber...not bad at all for a tanky one

anyone having specced specifically for duelling?
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How’s the game been for the last year and a half or so?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    How’s the game been for the last year and a half or so?

Kinda blah. Mostly a lot of quality of life improvements but this next patch (patch notes drop today at sometime) will have big combat changes.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you use on your back bar? I used to have an ice staff but I’m thinking about resto now.
    I can still see a fair amount of 1H & Shield too

For duelling folks: what sets do you use?
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I’m going through too many ideas at the moment.

I’m not too impressed by Pariah + Heartland Conq. Not bad though.

I’m tempted by Trickery + Kynmarcher….bit random but it could be fun.

Anyone using Deadly as front bar? War maiden?

I’ve never managed to like Clever Alchemist so I’m not considering it…can’t be bothered to farm Olorime

I’m curious about any other option or combination you are using

I use a variety of sets...

If I play as a healer/buffer/debuff type of character I like to run Olo/SPC, Kynmarcher, BoS
    If I paly in a group and we have a tank/healer my DPS build runs Spinner, New Moon, Balorgh
    If I run solo I use Pariah, Buffer of the Swift, and Engine Guardian. (a bit tanky and does ok damage)

I have tried a variety of combinations and these are the ones I lean towards the most.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What race is everyone playing right now and do you have thought of changing in the new update?
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what do you think about Soulshine front bar? I know Warmaiden add more damage but Soulshine would buff healing too.

Backbar I sill think Trickery (Olo is too grindy to get) but I may open my mind to Clever

Mythic: Markyn or Mala?
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on February 14, 2022 6:11PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markyn if using race against time and malacth if using mist
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Markyn if using race against time and malacth if using mist

Hmm...

So basically if you're using mist form and have the undeath passive you can get more damage with Malacath, but if not a vamp you will benefit more from the extra armor that Markyn gives. Is that the essence of what you're saying? It does make sense.

======================================================================

I don't know that anyone is looking for no proc builds, but I was trying this out over the weekend and it worked decently well in spite of being massively outnumbered:
    Heartland conqueror, Deadly front barred (sharpened 2h maul), willpower back bar (powered resto), 1 trainee, and malacath. 2H-2M-3L with Sugar skulls and Atronach mundus, 2 swift jewelry with spell damage, 1 infused jewelry with cost reduction. Breton race as a vampire.

Edited by Kartalin on February 14, 2022 6:38PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube