The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Name some thing's that are Meta right now ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok il go first *

Mitigation stacking * META insanely high !
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that and blocking instead of rolling. Both of these things together is the new tank meta. Now would be an amazing time to rework oblivion to instead scale off mitigation instead of health. Hrothgars should also scale off of armor + mitigation %. People are saying hrothgars should get a little boost and I think having it scale off of % mitigation would be a nice buff. Would still not hit that hard on normal dps builds, but would get a boost against the targets it was designed to combat. You think about it you get a minimum of 50% from block, 15% from minor/major protection, 20% from evasion, X% from champion points, 30% from undeath. People are tanky as hell without even having to try that hard.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah that and blocking instead of rolling. Both of these things together is the new tank meta. Now would be an amazing time to rework oblivion to instead scale off mitigation instead of health. Hrothgars should also scale off of armor + mitigation %. People are saying hrothgars should get a little boost and I think having it scale off of % mitigation would be a nice buff. Would still not hit that hard on normal dps builds, but would get a boost against the targets it was designed to combat. You think about it you get a minimum of 50% from block, 15% from minor/major protection, 20% from evasion, X% from champion points, 30% from undeath. People are tanky as hell without even having to try that hard.

In CP you stack % mitigation by default, all with CP. The diminishing returns on multiplicative % reductions is harsh, no need for Undeath.

For me the meta this patch is healing. My necro and sorcerer mains now have equal spell/weapon damage and crit rate. That means on my stamcro, my intensive mender and resistant flesh heals actually tooltip higher than my magcro. Think about that.
    I get all of the advantages of a stam build in pvp, combined with the class healing potential of a magicka build.

Next is hyrbidization in general. Because my damage, crit rate, and penetration stats are unified. Damage type doesn't matter at all. So my stam sorc is able to blend in haunting curse and mages wrath into my normal delayed burst combo, effectively doubling it when everything lines up.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is Meta.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Facebook is now known as Meta
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Simmering Frenzy is currently meta for Mag Sorc battlegrounds healer but it's not easy to use.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 5, 2021 9:50PM
    PC NA
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Simmering Frenzy is currently meta for Mag Sorc battlegrounds healer but it's not easy to use.

Guess the safer version would be Sated Fury? Or is the reduced healing cut into the return heal too much when you turn it off?
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Guess the safer version would be Sated Fury? Or is the reduced healing cut into the return heal too much when you turn it off?

Sated Fury isn't worth running.

The increased spell damage from the Simmering Frenzy morph is what makes the skill great. Twilight Matriarch heal is so strong that it outheals the health cost. You can get up to 5 stacks safely and 10 stacks is my personal limit.

5 stacks = 1070 spell damage = +18.21% healing
    10 stacks = 1426 spell damage = +24.26% healing

The biggest Twilight Matriarch heal I've done was a 20.1k crit in PvP with ~15 stacks. Add 4k heal from Power Surge and 3k Resto tick and you're close to a complete 100% heal in a single global. You need to sacrifice mitigation and sustain to reach these numbers so it's not realistic for competitive battlegrounds. But it's still fun to see and great for casual PvP.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 8, 2021 5:23PM
    PC NA
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiating regen stacking.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running DPS builds with a single Gaze of Sithis. Ppl who complain about tank meta just didn't try to run things that hurt them too.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Running DPS builds with a single Gaze of Sithis. Ppl who complain about tank meta just didn't try to run things that hurt them too.

yea maybe cuse if u use a glass canon build u are dead in less than 5sec - and if only gaze u are a glass canon
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashcro.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sated Fury isn't worth running.

The increased spell damage from the Simmering Frenzy morph is what makes the skill great. Twilight Matriarch heal is so strong that it outheals the health cost. You can get up to 5 stacks safely and 10 stacks is my personal limit.

5 stacks = 1070 spell damage = +18.21% healing
    10 stacks = 1426 spell damage = +24.26% healing

The biggest Twilight Matriarch heal I've done was a 20.1k crit in PvP with ~15 stacks. Add 4k heal from Power Surge and 3k Resto tick and you're close to a complete 100% heal in a single global. You need to sacrifice mitigation and sustain to reach these numbers so it's not realistic for competitive battlegrounds. But it's still fun to see and great for casual PvP.

I see, my issue is I've been trying to use Simmering Frenzy on my magDK and it's proven to be a true pain to get it working right due to the amount of damage coming my way and the reduced healing on Battle Spirit. Keep defaulting to Sated Fury, at least in PvE, since the heal at the end is pretty much free when combined with gear like the Pale Order Ring and abilities that deal damage and heal or heal over time like Radiating Regen and Burning Embers.

Think I need to practice with it and find applications for it on my magDK. Know when the vampire rework first came out on the PTS I tried doing a Blood Frenzied Leap to some interesting results.... if I didn't accidentally leave the ability on and try to heal the "mysterious" incoming damage! :lol:
    Edited by Vevvev on November 8, 2021 8:50PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see, my issue is I've been trying to use Simmering Frenzy on my magDK and it's proven to be a true pain to get it working right due to the amount of damage coming my way and the reduced healing on Battle Spirit.

Mag DK is a completely different use case than Mag Sorc Healer. It's acceptable and expected that Simmering Frenzy not work in your case. If the numbers don't add up then no amount of practice will help. Don't feel too bad.
    PC NA
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I don't completely derail the thread, Pariah as a defensive set stacked with stage 3 vampire to make something glassy a bit tanky.
    I see, my issue is I've been trying to use Simmering Frenzy on my magDK and it's proven to be a true pain to get it working right due to the amount of damage coming my way and the reduced healing on Battle Spirit.

Mag DK is a completely different use case than Mag Sorc Healer. It's acceptable and expected that Simmering Frenzy not work in your case. If the numbers don't add up then no amount of practice will help. Don't feel too bad.

Tested it a bit for the past few hours, and while I have died to certain things I usually don't, I have also killed things far faster than I usually do. Even used it to fight a banner boss in the Imperial City to great effect, but against players I have yet to find an actually worthy opponent that isn't far below my level. Going to visit Cyrodiil once I get back online for that.

Used the Pale Order Ring, Radiating Regeneration, and Burning Embers to fuel it and found the trick is turning it off before it leaves you in a pretty bad position with no health. But I know what you mean when you say Sorc is probably the better class for it thanks to things like Critical Surge. Pale Order Ring effectively forces me into a solo situation that can't benefit from cross healing. :frowning:
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree your opinion.
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    Constant death is the new magplar meta. Tank 2x Undeath NBs and why log in.
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    I see lots of DKS and Templars roaming BGs and everything, being unkillable and stuff...
    DK did like 2million damage for the end of the match when even Sorc had only like 1m and best NB was with 700k.
    WTH is going on??? WTF is this game, seriously? :D
    I am not going to talk about templars, those guys, geeez... And when there are like 2 DKs with 2 Templars, that team just run over everything. Zos, plz fix that and delete NB already, it is pointless roleplay class. ( I have nothing against roleplay tho :D )
    Sorry for the heat but it is just so frustrating and makes me not want to play this game.
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭

Tried it, went back to Chudan.

Turtles are meta, turtles everywhere!
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheS1X basically you hate 3 basic classes out of 4.

Fun part, that sorc & warden & necro were considered top tier for more than year, and probably still are, even after DK got damage buff in passives and magblade got heal. Nothing changed for plars, dunno what makes you sad.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheresbes wrote: »

Full-on turtles can't kill you with burst when you roll Gaze and heal through their burst combos. I roll 25-26k HP with Major Resolve skill and that's enough.

I actually like how it's possible to run almost PvE builds and get top scores consistently. Player HPs gone down in these patches significantly. ZOS did good job at balancing, unironically.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Negate
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    @TheS1X basically you hate 3 basic classes out of 4.

Fun part, that sorc & warden & necro were considered top tier for more than year, and probably still are, even after DK got damage buff in passives and magblade got heal. Nothing changed for plars, dunno what makes you sad.

I just think this game would be better and more fun if some classes can not heal that much and there are actual healers who build for healing. ZOS knows exactly what classes can burst heal them selves from 0 to 100% with less than a second and same time keeping all their sustain. There are lots of people who like to play such classes and ofc, they are fun and easy and comfy but it breaks PVP and ofc I hate that, it sucks.
    I removed vigor from my skill bar to make my game more interesting, I heal my self only with rally.
    I run dungeons like that, do overland content and I even PVP only with rally.
    I am doing fine but I just hate when people heal them selves full after long, long intense fight and same time if I am dead with my pools, they are somehow totally full, it is like they can reset one fight 100x times. And it is just weird to see 10 players trying to kill 1 templar 30 mins. it feels like ZOS made powerful heals for kids to not die and feel bad or something.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheS1X well if you place artificial limitations like this on yourself, it's obvious that you will lose any fights where you don't gank opponent and win before he starts healing back. I mean you can still play like that on gankblades and bombers, but other than that no-heal is probably the toughest limitation of them all.

HoTs are there to negate dots, burst/shields are there to negate huge spikes of damage. It still costs less to do damage then to outheal it. Most players would just escape before they are out of resources, line of sight out or hide behind teammate. That's why burst damage is like 80-90% of kills in PvP - you stack damage in very short interval so opponent has no chance to heal himself. Now that's countered by active measures like dodges and blocks. And again that has counterplay - if opponent expects burst, reset your buffs and set up some dots instead, do heavy attacks, but be prepared to start your combo faster then he can heal out to safe range and setup his own.

Yes, healing is strong in this game. Very strong. And if you hate how separate players can heal *themselves*, then you would love to see how organized groups stack radiant regens and AoE vigor :)

And uh, necro and sorc have insane self-heal too, so that's not about plars only.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 button builds, for some reason ZoS really likes builds where you can kill people while putting the most minimal amounts of effort
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheS1X wrote: »
    I see lots of DKS and Templars roaming BGs and everything, being unkillable and stuff...
    DK did like 2million damage for the end of the match when even Sorc had only like 1m and best NB was with 700k.
    I am not going to talk about templars, those guys, geeez... And when there are like 2 DKs with 2 Templars, that team just run over everything. Zos, plz fix that and delete NB already, it is pointless roleplay class. ( I have nothing against roleplay tho :D )
    Sorry for the heat but it is just so frustrating and makes me not want to play this game.

DKs historically have been capable of reaching larger damage sums but worse K-D ratios relative to other classes, since DoT damage gets soaked up by HoTs and the class is non-evasive. MagSorcs are the winningest class in Death Match. We have 4 years of data here, there's nothing to debate. DKs and Templars also increase in power the more of them there are together - I've consistently seen this play out over the years. Before anybody interprets that as "Nerf Sorc" let's lay out some realities: MagSorcs are OP at Death Match, StamSorcs are OP in the Sewers. MagDKs are OP at dueling, StamDKs are OP at taking flags. Certain classes must be OP at certain things - smallscale combat in Cyrodiil is where we should look at whether things are balanced, and I think that format is at its best in years, regarding class balance anyhow, with DarkCloak mNBs and non-Healer mDens trailing behind a bit, at least as of last patch.
    HoTs are there to negate dots, burst/shields are there to negate huge spikes of damage.

HoTs are overtuned, damage shields are undertuned, and it's been like this for a while. Anybody disagree?

Edited by Urzigurumash on November 15, 2021 4:24PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    damage shields are undertuned

Last night I threw together a Mag Sorc build and got to 11k Hardened Ward shield in battlegrounds with little effort.

Crafty, Spinner's, DDF, tri-stat everything w/ The Mage and you have 32k health, 11k shield, 10k spell pen. 8k crystal frag crits.

Requires Inner Light and Bound Aegis but I run those on every PvP build.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 15, 2021 4:35PM
    PC NA
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoTs are overtuned, damage shields are undertuned, and it's been like this for a while. Anybody disagree?

My 20k shields healsorc disagrees :)

HoTs stacking is overtuned, not HoTs by themselves. When class have access to many self-HoTs it's when it gets into the broken territory. When players stack AoE hots too.

Things like selfish vigor are honestly fine, they heal a lot in 4s but that's no use if you get all damage in 1-2s, most mage classes have burst heals that heal much more than that in that span.
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭

yea i did 2.5mi dmg in bg as dk but only like 4 kills, and the sorc in my group just baiscly executes the players i damage and get the kills its always like this, dks assistants
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elrond87 wrote: »

yea i did 2.5mi dmg in bg as dk but only like 4 kills, and the sorc in my group just baiscly executes the players i damage and get the kills its always like this, dks assistants

Yep, it's pretty much always been that way. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with it, but DKs having large damage sums is not indicative of any problem.
    My 20k shields healsorc disagrees :)

HoTs stacking is overtuned, not HoTs by themselves.

Points taken. It would be nice if damage shields were worthwhile for anybody besides MagSorcs, and even on MagSorcs, have they ever been weaker? No debate that they were disastrously overpowered years ago, before they changed them to scale with Resistances.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    wheresbes wrote: »

Full-on turtles can't kill you with burst when you roll Gaze and heal through their burst combos. I roll 25-26k HP with Major Resolve skill and that's enough.

Problem is that turtles like to stick together under a healing aura and hide amongst their carapaces others actually capable of killing XD Also, it doesn't help that my burst heal often goes to someone else ooops